Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Build suggestions - gear wise

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TiberiusD

[Engineer] Build suggestions - gear wise

Post#1 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:52 am

Hello!

With the unification of currency (thank Morgrim that this happened) i was able to get my last to Offensive Sovereign pieces i missed. Now i can say that i have every single set from the game stored nice and organised in my both banks (one in Altdorf and one in Karaz-a-Karak which is totally different - didn't knew since some days ago, less than a week). With all 3 sets completed (Warlord, Offensive Sovereign and Defensive Sovereign) i am planning to make gear builds for games content like

1. PvE - Farming materials / Dungeons
2. RvR - Keeps/Forts
3. SCs - Normal/Ranked

I know that (according to leaderboard statistics about engineers) is not a viable/wanted class in ranked - seen a descendant curve in numbers as seasons porgressed. But i still want to give it a shot. That's why i am posting here about it not asking in discord. I talked with some poeple about it in private and the ideas seems to be mixed.

What combination do you think it will be good? Going 4-2-2 or 3-3-2? Since every set is designed to a path like

1. Gadgetmaster - Path of Rifleman
2. Shieldmaster - Path of TInkerer
3. Warlord - Path of Grenadier

i was thinking going something like this:

PvE - Warlord - 4 piece, Gadgetmaster - 2 piece, Shieldmaster - 2 piece
RvR - Warlord - 2 piece, Gadgetmaster - 2 piece, Shieldmaster - 4 piece
SCs - Warlord - 2 piece, Gadgetmaster - 4 piece, Shieldmaster - 2 piece

Do you think that this will be ok enough to actually do something (around getting in the middle of the scoreboard) than to end up on the bottom?

What about defensive talismans? I was able to get Armor, Wounds and Toughness.
Do you think that Toughness Engi will do better than Armor engi? Some say that Armor is good, some say that Toughness is good. I never seen a Toughness engineer till now so i don't know. Maybe there are some running Tough but i haven't met them yet.

I am open to discusson. This is related to gear for the moment. After we can discuss about renown and mastery tree

Tibdum

Ads
Sciberr

Re: [Engineer] Build suggestions - gear wise

Post#2 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:36 am

just go 3p main sov, 3p off sov, 3p sent/ranked with all ballistic skill talis, thats just what i use for everything

TiberiusD

Post#3 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:45 am

Sciberr wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:36 am just go 3p main sov, 3p off sov, 3p sent/ranked with all ballistic skill talis, thats just what i use for everything
3p sent - means the ring included since it's the 3rd slot.
3p main sov / 3p off sov - which ring do you recommend? the one from the main or the off sov?

TiberiusD

Post#4 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:11 am

Sorted out. thanks Sciber for your reply :)

Lion1986

Post#5 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:44 am

TiberiusD wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:52 am Hello!

With the unification of currency (thank Morgrim that this happened) i was able to get my last to Offensive Sovereign pieces i missed. Now i can say that i have every single set from the game stored nice and organised in my both banks (one in Altdorf and one in Karaz-a-Karak which is totally different - didn't knew since some days ago, less than a week). With all 3 sets completed (Warlord, Offensive Sovereign and Defensive Sovereign) i am planning to make gear builds for games content like

1. PvE - Farming materials / Dungeons
2. RvR - Keeps/Forts
3. SCs - Normal/Ranked

I know that (according to leaderboard statistics about engineers) is not a viable/wanted class in ranked - seen a descendant curve in numbers as seasons porgressed. But i still want to give it a shot. That's why i am posting here about it not asking in discord. I talked with some poeple about it in private and the ideas seems to be mixed.

What combination do you think it will be good? Going 4-2-2 or 3-3-2? Since every set is designed to a path like

1. Gadgetmaster - Path of Rifleman
2. Shieldmaster - Path of TInkerer
3. Warlord - Path of Grenadier

i was thinking going something like this:

PvE - Warlord - 4 piece, Gadgetmaster - 2 piece, Shieldmaster - 2 piece
RvR - Warlord - 2 piece, Gadgetmaster - 2 piece, Shieldmaster - 4 piece
SCs - Warlord - 2 piece, Gadgetmaster - 4 piece, Shieldmaster - 2 piece

Do you think that this will be ok enough to actually do something (around getting in the middle of the scoreboard) than to end up on the bottom?

What about defensive talismans? I was able to get Armor, Wounds and Toughness.
Do you think that Toughness Engi will do better than Armor engi? Some say that Armor is good, some say that Toughness is good. I never seen a Toughness engineer till now so i don't know. Maybe there are some running Tough but i haven't met them yet.

I am open to discusson. This is related to gear for the moment. After we can discuss about renown and mastery tree

Tibdum
i play BW which is not a wanted class as well so what? ranked are a minuscule aspect of the game.
btw Engineer is the best buddy in sieges. Both aoe and ST specced.
The only advice i can give you as noob as i am: AVOID ARMOR. all dps in destro got option to reduce or totally bypass it. I would go wounds+toughness. (plus armor against enemy casters is useless)

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:44 am

I take 7pc/8pc warlord with BL rifle for roaming /open scs/ or city ST spec

I take 6pc def sov and 3 pc sent no BL, 1x blue sc defensive rifle, and sc purple offensive spanner, for ranked or group ranked, sometimes roaming vs bigger numbers.

I use 7pc offensive sov with BL spanner for fort defense. For keep defense any of the other previous specs work well for me.

For fort push I take ranked setup mb with magnet.

-mek

Lion1986

Post#7 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 am

Magnet is VERY solid. not only very tanky, but also very useful in funneling situation (forts and keeps attacks /defenses)