Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
penpenagos

Re: Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Post#161 » Fri May 20, 2022 12:58 pm

i like how the people complaing are people who use broken classes, XDDDD, "look at me i cant delete anybody with my dead brain rotation", you know what, you make the game worst, im glad for the changes, this game need a change of meta to keep it fresh.

Ads
Brutinho

Post#162 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:41 pm

Spoiler:
dalen wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:47 am
Sinisterror wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:40 am
dalen wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:22 am Various broken abilities and rams not working has no connection to the GCD change.

In order to fix a lot of ability bugs we are working on sharing more ability data with the client. But when using that data it broke some abilities that were implemented wrongly on RoR and we will need to fix them. But this is just necessary work to be able to fix the 700+ ability bug reports on the bug tracker in the long run.
" The GCD on both AoR and RoR is 1.15 seconds. We know this is the case because the client allows abilities to be used 1.15s into the displayed 1.5s GCD as long as you get your timing right. If you invoke the ability too early, it will be blocked until the 1.5s GCD is up.

We previously had the server enforce the 1.5s GCD hard, and it resulted in client casts being cancelled. " AZA

So this has been tried before with bad results why do it now? It's really interesting how RoR pvp felt and played exactly like live in 2017 but has been getting worse and worse for reasons i dont understand.
Yeah, that's not really correct though. The client can send abilities to the server way before the 1.15s mark, sometimes even as quickly as 0.1s after last ability was used.

Also it was 1.1s on RoR before (with no input buffer). Now it is 1.5s like it was on AoR, with a input buffer after 1.1s mark, also matching what AoR had AFAIK (not really sure about the exact timing AoR had here, but 1.1s is an estimate).

The Lua code defines GCD as 1.5s. There's 3562 instant cast abilities where the multipliers match a 1.5s GCD, there's 0 abilities where multipliers match a 1.1s GCD. Also dots/hots generally tick every 3s, 2x the GCD, not 2.72x the GCD.

I'm not completely against a different GCD time, 1.5 is just an arbitrary number (but the one Mythic picked for War). But if that should be changed it should be done properly IMHO with abilities and indicators actually matching the new GCD timer.
I sort of understand why you guys want to put a strict GCD system, avoid old NB cheats and perhaphs make it simpler for new people, but please at least consider a lower GCD, 1.2-1.3 would seem a lot more reasonable.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Akalukz

Post#163 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Magusar wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:55 pm After playing a little more, I can say that it feels like something raw, unfinished. Mb it would be good with some fixes(im not about AP, its just horrible right now)-adapt some classes like OYK WEs/DG and EW WHs, St BW/Sorcs (Sear/Gloomburst moment at rotation), AM/SHam mechanics, IB/BG buff mechanics etc...

The simplest solution is obviously to put some skills like OYK/DG, Sear/Gloomburst in GCD "exceptions" with old GCD check. Or go ahead and make minor adjustments to the balance like Blessed Blade/Bleeding Edge is now has 4 seconds duration instead 3 seconds, Ancestor's Fury is now 12 seconds duration instead 10 seconds etc.
Also remembering "clicks" in the last 0.2-0.3 seconds should help for ppl with hight ping and just can be improving quality and convenience of life in game.

From positive changes,which i can see right now , the game's perfomance to work better. Idk why, mb it cuz population is droping, or its really GCD changes, but if its GCD issue- it can be really good change, if it will be adapt right.
If you start to make exceptions to the GCD, then the damage for those skills/spells should also be adjusted.
-= Agony =-

yuaa2

Post#164 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:30 pm

nerf good healers who maintain many hots on wb and buff stupid ones who only can spam aoe, this patch is a buff for slowpokes and big nerf for good players

Sulorie

Post#165 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:13 pm

yuaa2 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:30 pm nerf good healers who maintain many hots on wb and buff stupid ones who only can spam aoe, this patch is a buff for slowpokes and big nerf for good players
Pre-hot on players where you assume they get damage soon and not everyone in WB. There is no skill involved in keeping hots up on everyone.
Dying is no option.

Dabbart

Post#166 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:52 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:13 pm
yuaa2 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:30 pm nerf good healers who maintain many hots on wb and buff stupid ones who only can spam aoe, this patch is a buff for slowpokes and big nerf for good players
Pre-hot on players where you assume they get damage soon and not everyone in WB. There is no skill involved in keeping hots up on everyone.
I think they meant spamming HoTs on GcD will result in 0AP, whereas chain casting long group heals without ability queueing will maintain AP. IE, One player is trying to pay attention to whom is fighting where and helping the whole WB, the other just follows 80ft behind the zerg and casts grp heal every 1.7s. At least, that's what I get out of these complaints. They're not wrong currently. Even my **** heal DoK ran out of AP. A class that uses a secondary resource(that regens entirely differently from AP by the way) with 3 abilities using AP(ST heal, resource channel, Lash). If you don't use a pot, get a secondary source of AP, or stop casting you will run out of AP.

I dunno why that person thinks healers that prehot are "good", but the general point is accurate imo.

On Topic: The combination of AP, GcD, and now ability queue changes makes it really tough for objectivity towards anyone in particular. In combination, it **** hurts to play.

IMO, the GcD change will just take time to get used to. Having a hard GcD allows for more abilities that work OFF the GcD(GUARD PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE) for "skilled play"

The ability Queue is a crutch. Personally, I would rather it be removed. Having it in-game helps me with high ping, it feels like a turn-based game turned RTS.

AP change makes everything else just feel bad. If the problem is too much AP, how about we nerf some of the secondary AP gains?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

BluIzLucky

Post#167 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:51 pm

dalen wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:22 am In order to fix a lot of ability bugs we are working on sharing more ability data with the client. But when using that data it broke some abilities that were implemented wrongly on RoR and we will need to fix them. But this is just necessary work to be able to fix the 700+ ability bug reports on the bug tracker in the long run.
Cool, looking forward to this! Every class seems to have a handful of bugs, so will definitely help make the game feel more polished, maybe one day poor Omegus can stop updating his Zealot bugs :lol:

The GCD and AP changes are growing on me, I like that AP is more restricted and require dedicated AP generators (though take that with a grain of salt only played BG and AM since patch and both have AP refill on demand).
I don't feel the GCD change much asides from when trying to mount and a couple of combos, but certainly something I could get used to..
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

eldriyth

Post#168 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:11 pm

Don't give into the crying devs. The new changes are something that's been needed forever. I actually had a lot of fun last night in the battlegrounds I managed to get into because the melee felt a lot more balanced. They used to trample with instant 1.15 attacks while most classes have to cast 1.5-2 seconds to do something. And sometimes that power would be completely blocked leaving you with zero damage for double the time the melee have spamming you. Almost 1000 players online while I type this. Not everybody dislikes it!

Ads
Arek4

Post#169 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:56 am

At first I was annoyed by these changes.But there are some pros to these changes.Before I couldn't understand how my IB having almost 10k HP heavy armor was dying fast from an EC armed with panties and bra and two knives.Now the fight is more equal

geezereur

Post#170 » Sat May 21, 2022 5:42 pm

Plz revert this gcd changes the game play so bad atm.