Recent Topics

Ads

Regarding Global Cooldowns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
tazdingo

Re: Regarding Global Cooldowns

Post#51 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:33 am

show your love to the fact that this game is still developed and hosted rather than complaining about your current inconvenience. if there is a long term plan i am in favour of it, especially if it leads to easier ability changes. dead and useless abilities and tactics that nobody uses are the biggest untapped well in this game. if a minor speedbumb of a change will lead to future meta changeups and new playstyles, good, definitely worth it

Ads
BoriqOne

Post#52 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:02 am

Not going to lie, this game is almost done. it needs now a hail Mary pass down field 50 yards. for a touchdown to win. difficult, I know. but it can be done, nothing is impossible. Imo, I detest GCD. it turns games into, as one mentioned before me, a turn-based game, lol so darn true. so so true. Well, anyway, I'll keep a watch on forums to see WHEN this will get better. For me personally I can't play it. FEELS BAD. plus, game already had issues, population and all on one sided faction, reason.... you guys know why. order sux. and it isn't the dwarves fault. might be the other word with the letter "D" in the beginning of it. might it be wow disease is bringing down games with it ? yea could be wow disease. gotta be. 8-)

yuaa2

Post#53 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:39 am

They do step forward in technical part and they dont understand that they do 2 steps backward in gameplay part. Game has no future.

Nabaro

Post#54 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:18 am

MaxHayman wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:00 pm Recently, there has been some discontent regarding the way we communicated our recent changes and we’d like to thank you for all your comments and highlights on how much this means to you. We believe that the trust between the development team and the community should be always at its peak.
Thanks for the detailed answer Max. Good luck to you and your team.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Kenshiken

Post#55 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:21 am

yuaa2 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:39 am They do step forward in technical part and they dont understand that they do 2 steps backward in gameplay part.
Agree 100%. Maybe not even 2, but 4.

xSAILORMOONx

Post#56 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:22 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm It's also good to note that the upcoming patch will envelop the below boost for AP:

New "Battlefield Master" and "Advanced Battlefield Master" buffs, which were originally on Live. These buffs give +25 AP pool each and will be active for all characters at CR40 RR50 & CR40 RR60.

Also, future patch notes will always be reviewed by the Community Management team before going live in order to ensure proper communication and transparent explanations. I ask you from now to give us feedback if there are still gaps in patch notes and we will make sure to dig into more details when needed/feasible.
Can you answer how this change will help AP regen in combat, wich is real problem?

Earthcake

Post#57 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:30 am

yuaa2 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:39 am They do step forward in technical part and they dont understand that they do 2 steps backward in gameplay part. Game has no future.
That's exactly my concern, the "they don't understand" part.

It really looks like that they don't understand what's problematic or not.

Take for exemple NB, NB never could make a noob better than an amazing player, cause depending on your composition, enemy comp, tactics (as in strategy) used and other factors different things take priorities, and you couldn't implement all that in NB. And even less positionning which is maybe the most important thing in the game.
So NB could bring a total noob to maybe 70% of what can be reached. Well who cares about that ? If you are a good player you are alrdy above that so why would you care if someone plays at 70% with an addon if you play at 90% and destroy him everytime ?
Answer is : you don't.

Now on the "todays" topic :
I don't care about AP problem or even longer GCD if it affects everybody the same.
But i do care about the fact that they seem not to understand some classes are totally gutted by it while others are very fine.
It's VERY concerning that people in charge of the balance do not undersand what is strong or not, problematic or not...

GorkaBorka

Post#58 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:43 am

Why should one roll out an unfinished system, that affects the core gameplay and still is very raw? Honestly I can't imagine a single reason for that.
It should be done, when the whole idea is finalized, ready for being deployed and tested. Then you can deploy it as you like: in one big patch (bug allert!) or during several implementation phases.
But why you do it, when you don't have the final vision of the whole system, as well did not test it enough?
To be honest I understand why you want to clean everything and synchronise server-client shenanigans, but please test your ideas before deploying then on live server, because not everyone is happy to play a broken game (even for some period of time). Even if it will help to make RoR better in future. The future is still to come, and it may not.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#59 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 am

GorkaBorka wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:43 am Why should one roll out an unfinished system, that affects the core gameplay and still is very raw? Honestly I can't imagine a single reason for that.
It should be done, when the whole idea is finalized, ready for being deployed and tested. Then you can deploy it as you like: in one big patch (bug allert!) or during several implementation phases.
But why you do it, when you don't have the final vision of the whole system, as well did not test it enough?
To be honest I understand why you want to clean everything and synchronise server-client shenanigans, but please test your ideas before deploying then on live server, because not everyone is happy to play a broken game (even for some period of time). Even if it will help to make RoR better in future. The future is still to come, and it may not.
Who has to endure more injustice? The person working in their spare time on a private server for free or the player, who behaves like a customer and isn't "happy to play a broken game" because some invisible entity is forcing them to play the bugged game?
You signed up for bugs and inconvenience by playing on this server.
Dying is no option.

GorkaBorka

Post#60 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:10 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 am
GorkaBorka wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:43 am Why should one roll out an unfinished system, that affects the core gameplay and still is very raw? Honestly I can't imagine a single reason for that.
Who has to endure more injustice? The person working in their spare time on a private server for free or the player, who behaves like a customer and isn't "happy to play a broken game" because some invisible entity is forcing them to play the bugged game?
You signed up for bugs and inconvenience by playing on this server.
There is a test server. And I'm not "behaving as a customer". If RoR was not meant to be played by players other than the dev team it will be a suppa secret private server just for them.
Also I'm pretty sure all the negative feedback frustrates devs nor less than the ordinary boiz playing the game.
If they had tested this new GCD change on test server more intensively, maybe players will welcome it much more warmly.