Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Lion1986

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#31 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:53 am

I quitted (despite updating my UI) for another MMO. (Lotro). It has BAZILLION of quests and, despite being 15 years old, is still very populated and lively. Housing system, deeds, exploration quests and interaction with game world make game A LOT of fun (also pvp present aswell). RoR, not due to devs fault, basically has only pvp open world zerg and little more, which become boring after a while.
PQ are useless,
raids are easy zerged in 30 mins
instances are non existant
no housing
leveling via quest is suicide because you get no RR
class balance is pathetic
some classes still got bugs from a decade ago mostly
unified currency shrinked the pvp to zone zerg and little more

I have some friends around here, keeping in contact with them, but presence in guild and on line is basically gone for the aforementioned reasons.

Ads
GorkaBorka

Post#32 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:04 am

My suggestions are short, maybe not super helpful, but I'll try.
1. Some extra rewards for zone locks, when keep is captured with no aao on either side (didn't actually think about technical implementation, but seems to help with keeping xrealming and zerging at bay).
2. SCs. They're plainly atrocious. The balancing part of them and the fact, that pugs fight premades. I just hate such battlegrounds. With searing hate.
I've been playing MMORPGs since 1999 and never seen such weird take on battlegrounds' balancing.
Make premades fight premades separately. Premades are made for coordination and challenging fights. If they are made just to farm and humiliate pugs, then... I guess such system should not exist.
3. Make LotD be opened more frequently. It's cool, you have done an astonishing work, so why hide it?
These are my 2c. GL HF boiz.

Brakh

Post#33 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:55 am

RoR is in hard spot with bringing new meat to the grinder. This is strictly pvp game with extensive vertical progression. Its played mostly by long time vets with their vast mechanics knowledge. Game has rather small playerbase which prevents creating any reasonable bracketing systems for any instanced pvp activities. What is the most advisable way to go through the leveling grind? Playing scenarios. So new players will perform few attempts of these facing harsh reality playing against organized vets, leaving negative even humiliating experience.

Lion1986

Post#34 » Fri May 27, 2022 10:50 am

the issue here is not that pvp scene is not active. The issue, in my opinion and as per my previous post, is total lack of content except pvp zerg

nat3s

Post#35 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:51 am

Lion1986 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:50 am the issue here is not that pvp scene is not active. The issue, in my opinion and as per my previous post, is total lack of content except pvp zerg

Balancing solo roaming would help so much there IMO. It's such an enjoyable way to play the game, kept me hooked for all these years.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Xergon

Post#36 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Tha main issue that ppl need to consider is why players actually left or stopped playing the game. The issue is not advertising, we had big LazyPeon wave which made population sky rocket. The question is why they left. If you gonna answer those question then you will find solutions.

Now, finding solutions is not the only component u need, because even if u have solutions, question is, can u implement them, or How to implement them... Let's say the issue why ppl left was lacking Endgame PvP. We had cities instances popping at 30+ but it was very unhealthy state, imbalanced match making, most instances were farm fest for either side. Now that could discourage many players, the question is if thats Design fault or Player fault. Surely devs tried or attempted to fix that but dont think it worked out (different queue system/timer).

The same question could then apply to any PvP content, open RvR, Scenarios and so on... Is that Dev/Design/System fault that players decide to play not most optimal way or are incapable to play to the strength of the setup/class they play and therefore if they meet enemy who does minmaxing they cannot fight them on similar lvl... Devs can create tools and make them available but if players dont decide to use them, who's fault is that...

There was also many factors outside of the game that did impact the population, many games got released and ppl simply choose to play different game.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

elykz

Post#37 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:09 pm

- Fix nasty bugs that have a big impact on newcomers, like bolster bugs that get them oneshotted for whole scenarios and giving the game a bad image.

- Reward solo participation in fight. Stop with this "this is a group game" mentality.
If you want a funnel that acquires new players, that mentality is only causing churn. The same way Public PQ were a really nice feature of war, allowing everyone (grouped or not) to participate in open world events, being able to hop in RvR, helping others and participating to war effort without having to be grouped was one of WAR's greatest feature.
And guess what ? it was one of the best way for new people to actually get invited in groups.
Anyone participating in battle should get rewarded for it, to have an incitative to do so.
This means: bring back out of group healing rr contrib and out of group kill contrib to a point they are in pair with being in a group.
Stop worrying, grouping will always be the most efficient way to kill people :)

- Fix gear gap between < lvl 36 and 36-39 players as long as t2+t3 is merged, by making sure 36-39 players cannot access to way overgeared sets/items/rr abilities for their levels
(being overpowered sure is fun, but that fun comes to the detriment of all others fun, new players included and that gear gap is a big reason some leave early)

- Create a small install program that downloads and installs the game :)

Praywithme

Post#38 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:02 pm

Ngl weird seeing people complain that destro is smashing. The first year I played (2021) it was Order farming IC nightly.

As for the topic. 1-40 seems way too long. And 40-50 seems even longer/more painful. Once you hit that point I think the player is probably invested enough to stick through it, but idk. I suppose the devs could follow my account and find out. Removing the constant city sieges was huge and got me back into the game.

The biggest problem imo is that 1-16 scenario pops are hit and miss. There's no way there aren't some new players logging in, being told by /adv to spam scenarios and not getting a pop who quit.

Ads
Praywithme

Post#39 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:04 pm

Also need to buff the rewards for losing in RvR / scenarios. Right now they're pathetic and contribute to the xrealming problem / snowball effect.

Garamore

Post#40 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Players need to stop looking at ways to farm pugs in T1- T3 and the T4 pug scenario - some guilds are stacking premades in them which just makes newbies life miserable. You know who you are.....
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore