Recent Topics

Ads

Anti-fun Live Event Scenario Objectives

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
FlameFallen

Anti-fun Live Event Scenario Objectives

Post#1 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:18 am

Ongoing Live Event Objective "Control all five objectives when the Blood of the Black Cairn scenario ends" is really frustrating and anti-fun. It's not hard to do but just before completion opposing team can just surrender and deny it. It happened about 10 times for me already (and my side did it a lot too) and it's feels bad. I hope it can be changed moving forward.

Ads
Darks63

Re: Anti-fun Live Event Scenario Objectives

Post#2 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:40 am

it would be nice if them surrendering gave you that objective. Although i would prefer they dont have these type of objectives personally.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:55 am

yup can agree that this kind of event tasks are the worst. they shouldn't be in game. even though i'm having no troubles doing it on KOTBS char, on my main SW i don't even think about trying it, because i know that would be impossible on a shitclass :(

redfingers

Post#4 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:08 am

I was getting farmed almost the entire day by Order on this map so no unlock for me X(

The closest I got, we held 5 objectives on the one spawn camp before the last objective got Ninja'd 20 seconds before we reached the point cap.

The next 18/20 games I spent holed up in my spawn getting rolled by Order trains. 10/10 would fail again. Kinda hard to collect tokens for renown gear when I get 2 per match.

Akalukz

Post#5 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:30 pm

anything that inspires respawn camping shouldn't be encouraged. also, surrender should grant control of all points.
-= Agony =-

Talladego

Post#6 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:14 pm

Double slayer premades all day. Surrender at least denies them event progress.

Omegus

Post#7 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:38 pm

This typically gets brought up every time there is an event scenario has more complex tasks, with the losing side using /surrender to deny the winning side event progress. Personally I don't agree with the idea that surrender giving scenario completion: I think surrender should be outright disabled for the live event scenario.

The live event is always try-hard as you get bonus rewards like event slot items, extra warcrests, extra renown/XP, etc. Queue for it expecting to fight, not surrender.
Talladego wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:14 pm Double slayer premades all day. Surrender at least denies them event progress.
:/
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Boursk

Post#8 » Sat May 28, 2022 4:24 pm

One of the dumbest things was removing the guards and putting barriers instead.

It encourages spawn camping even more whereas before you could at least punt the players camping you into your own spawn and thus make a potential push happen as opposed to just sitting there.

Khaines Embrace, Blood of the Black Cairn, Battle for Praag, Ishas Temple; all of these scenarios would be better if the barriers weren't there.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sat May 28, 2022 5:31 pm

Boursk wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:24 pm One of the dumbest things was removing the guards and putting barriers instead.

It encourages spawn camping even more whereas before you could at least punt the players camping you into your own spawn and thus make a potential push happen as opposed to just sitting there.

Khaines Embrace, Blood of the Black Cairn, Battle for Praag, Ishas Temple; all of these scenarios would be better if the barriers weren't there.
Yes, barriers are actually quite bad for the losing team as well. You push the enemy towards the barrier and they have hardly a chance to get away.
Dying is no option.

Morradin

Post#10 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:46 pm

I blame the removal of guards that at least offered a chance of killing some spawn campers. And especially removal of effective siege guns inside your spawn to provide a safer area for your side, and a more dangerous area, for spawn campers.
Guards and Siege would help lesser equipped groups, and pugs, to at least get a few kills. But with their removal, the only option pug groups have is surrender. Don't blame the players for using what the devs have left for them as a way to end the torture.