Recent Topics

Ads

Army vs army analysis

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ceva156

Army vs army analysis

Post#1 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:33 am

Today I was reading some very old, pre-beta WAR blog and a question came to mind:
https://nox.tips/ https://null/
If, today, empire could only rvr against chaos, high elves against dark elves and dwarfs against orcs, how would the balance keep up? what would be the most unbalanced pair of armies?
Last edited by ceva156 on Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
billyk

Re: Army vs army analysis

Post#2 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:37 am

ceva156 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:33 am If, today, empire could only rvr against chaos, high elves against dark elves and dwarfs against orcs, how would the balance keep up? what would be the most unbalanced pair of armies?
In general: Destro curbstomps
Most balanced: HE vs DE (Out of 100 matches, HE will win around 40)
Least balanced: Dwarfs vs Greenskins (Out of 100 matches, Dwarfs will win 0-5)

Detangler

Post#3 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:07 pm

billyk wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:37 am
ceva156 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:33 am If, today, empire could only rvr against chaos, high elves against dark elves and dwarfs against orcs, how would the balance keep up? what would be the most unbalanced pair of armies?
In general: Destro curbstomps
Most balanced: HE vs DE (Out of 100 matches, HE will win around 40)
Least balanced: Dwarfs vs Greenskins (Out of 100 matches, Dwarfs will win 0-5)
Interesting answer considering lopsided Order winrates in cities. Thank that they enforced more strict matchmaking and its not skewed cause of all the loldps solo queuers on Order side...

Emp v Chaos - Order has better heals, tanks, and RDPS. Destro has tankier aoe DPS while Empire has overtuned solo gank god melee dps that is not so hot in group play.
Elf V Dark Elf - Order has better Mdps, destro has better tanks, heals, and RDPS
Dwarf V Greenskin - Order has mdps AP pumping better tank, better mdps, heals. Destro has better RDPS.

Yes, head to head slayer is hands down better than choppa. fight me.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Earthcake

Post#4 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:47 pm

Detangler wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:07 pm
Dwarf V Greenskin - Order has mdps AP pumping better tank, better mdps, heals. Destro has better RDPS.
IB is BY FAR the worst tank in the game since the GCD change.
And i think mSRH+choppa can give slayers a fight.

space44

Post#5 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:20 pm

Earthcake wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:47 pm
Detangler wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:07 pm
IB is BY FAR the worst tank in the game since the GCD change.
And i think mSRH+choppa can give slayers a fight.
the fact you say whats said to be the squishiest dps in game to only have simply put it "a fight" against 2 other players at once is pretty fugged lol
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Glorian

Post#6 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:06 pm

Slayer may be better than choppa, but Greenskins have 2-3 moral pumps that mostly run on their own. Rampage-Retribution drop can be interrupted pretty good by BO kb or one choppa pull.
BO is the better tank as he can be build with astronomical wounds and does it’s job by getting hit.

IB needs to spend grudge or actually hit something.

But like said. These fights in the past were decided by morals.

Wam

Post#7 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 pm

ceva156 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:33 am Today I was reading some very old, pre-beta WAR blog and a question came to mind:

If, today, empire could only rvr against chaos, high elves against dark elves and dwarfs against orcs, how would the balance keep up? what would be the most unbalanced pair of armies?
depends on stylistic of fight...

Empire vs Chaos
Tanks are fairly even the anti heal from chosen will cancel + healing from kotbs and CC similar
in aoe BW is a counter to mara stack (mara counter to sl stack) BW will do alot of damage but pretty squishy
you would need some ST pressure also WH vs Mara ... Mara has better uptime on armour debuff and heal debuff
WP vs Zealot, zealot can spread more which is counter to BW bomb and bring better AP, WP noobs will stack and get their team killed... zealot can make some big plays

Chaos imo will take it but really depends on level of skill and co-ordination

High elves will beat dark elves, dark elves resists will be terrible, DPS AM will destroy them
dark elves good classes when paired with benifits from other races
SM better support tank definsively than BG, bg better CC
WL better aoe pressure than Welf (that will only recieve moderate dok healing)
AM better at kiting than dok...

Dwarf vs greenskins
Depends on setup tbh and again style of fight
Slayer Stack can do nice things but vs 16 RSH and 8 Shaman kited to hell and back and not too much they can do about it with lack of gap closing...
black orks would serve no purpose because their CC is terrible, and it means less dps, same with choppa... slayer will out bang it and play into enemies strength...

People are lucky that they best RSH only gathered up for a one off and they deleted the most tankiest of tanks on server with ease so yeah...

Greenskins would out kite high elves too although it would be more of a match, even with gap closers from pounce wl or wings SM and AM puddles... DPS AM and Heal AM probably have a better chance but i think they'd get deleted faster and struggle to recover, even if shamans struggle with dots just instant rez a couple of fallen will fix issue

Chaos vs Greenskin would be a cluster... Stagger/champs challenge, stagger pull... squigs bounce away... if chaos could keep pressure they have a chance but i feel GS would lock them down (if played correctly) and was open field fight of course and not over a point/objective...

Greenskin (without the orcs) high level play would be hard to touch :lol:
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]