Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] How should I level up and what addons should I use for tanking?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Neraden

[SM] How should I level up and what addons should I use for tanking?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 pm

I'm a returning player but don't remember a lot from the game. What should be the go-to when leveling up and for addons that I would have to use?

Ads
Kaelang

Re: [SM] How should I level up and what addons should I use for tanking?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:18 pm

Levelling is usually done through Scenarios / open world RvR so you can level both your Renown and Career XP simultaneously.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

zolio
Community Management

Post#3 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Hey, on my SM I use the Viny ui for tanks. viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371

Leveling yeah sc's orvr also take advantage of weekend event sc for db xp/rp.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:22 pm

tether is the most important, it draws a line between you and your guardee and changes colour depending on whether or not you are in guard range. this is included in the vinyui guard ver posted above but here it is seperate

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/guardpack/

guardrange is optional, i dont use it. just enable libguard and teather. also note that you can drag to tether anchor from your char to the top of the screen or somewhere, makes it less obstructive whilst still letting you know where the guardee is

Martok

Post#5 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:27 pm

Neraden wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 pmWhat should be the go-to when leveling up and for addons that I would have to use?

As stated level via scenarios as much as possible. T2/T3 SC's restrict the participants to relatively equal status therefore balance tends to be maintained. Open RvR can also be exploited for gain by simply surfing the zerg. Although zerg-surfing tends to be...less...engaging. But that is just my opinion I could be wrong.

Do the Week End Warfront event every week, without fail. It not only helps you build up Renown and Experience it also provides a means to gather up items necessary when you advance your crafting stats. And you get the Event Item, so win-win. But that is just my opinion I could be wrong.

It will also be worthwhile to run at least one of the T3 Epic Quest lines for an interim sword. You can get a shield that way as well, however SM S&B play tends to be...less...engaging. But that is just my opinion I could be wrong.

Complete the Gunbad lines for the gear because you don't have any other choice. If, of course, you want to gain the subsequent Sentinel and Blood-Lord gear, which you do. But that is just my opinion I could be wrong. Actually, not on this one.

As for Add-Ons, just do what the cool-kids do and use them all. Nah, just kidding. I suggest Enemy, Tether (which is part of Guard-Pack), Buffhead, Asshat (because it alerts you to all the asshats in game when they come close), Kill-Tracker, Swift-Assist, Aggrometer, Plan B, Deathblow, and Everybody Dance Now. But that is just my opinion I could be wrong.

Most importantly, try to remember this is a game, a video game, and video games are meant to be fun. There are those on the server who will do everything they can to suck all the life and fun from your gaming experience. Ignore them. Play the class in the manner you enjoy playing it. Doing so will be its own reward.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Martok

Post#6 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:48 pm

Ok, well this died fast. Return of Reckoning!
Blame It On My ADD Baby...