Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
crystl32

Re: Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Post#31 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:02 pm

If i wanted to grief lowbies in RVR, I would do so on my BIS max renown character and not on a lvl 23 with an exp scroll. if i wanted to grief them in scenarios, i would just give my lvl 23 char the best pots and talis in the game to get the most advantage. and after all, it is a certain level of skill that decides whether a veteran can kill new lowbies or not. all this change does imo is making the "hit lvl 40"-experience for newly leveled characters harder, but maybe that is how the game is supposed to be.

Ads
Everdin

Post#32 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:06 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:18 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm should make a 25% renown potion for 16-39 that is extremely cheap.

Glad that you are starting to see the issues that is low/new players vs well equipped pug stompers. Now just expand the PuG scenario to a few more scenarios. Maybe Reikland Hills and Factory. Same old nordenwatch for months is meh.
You are maybe not getting the problem, same people now get stomped earlier by - really - well equiped players. There is no equip gap in t2-t3 between new and veteran players, low tier talis are cheap, crests drop enough to get current gear, the only benefit a premade has is organisation and the already mentioned better knowledge of classes/synergies. And this will still be an issue, premades are not away, there will always be some on both sides. This change is just a sedative for a loud crying minority.
No, i pretty much get the problem. Gear/organized people rolling over ungeared/organized people BY DESIGN. The design of the queueing system actually creates this issue. At any given time there are multiple premade groups running on both realms. Rarely if ever will they face one another. That is the true issue. T1-T4 I am all for it ORvR where crap happens. Scenarios are supposed to be quick evenly matched fights, currently they are anything but that.
Not sure about mid tier, mostly playing alone there, but t4 we mostly fight premades, sometimes mixed with more or less random players, so it seems that our experience are not equal here, not every enemy killing you is automatic a premade.
New player should be hitting T4 equipped with Solid Talisman and Vanquisher gear. ...
And this is the point you don't understand, removing the anti exp roll is not helping new players, most of them will not max out renown at the beginning and hit r40 with to low gear and renown and there it is not a made-up gear gap from some frustrated people like in mid tier, in t4 gear gap is a real issue. If there are really some premade groups just to steamroll low people they will just start another grp after they are done.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Everdin

Post#33 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:18 pm

Mergrim wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:50 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:29 pm If ranked needs a special unique blazing never seen before reward to get played... maybe people just don't need ranked at all...

Lot of people are happy because the way to obtain gear was generalized, and now a few people want to segregate some unique stuff so others are forced to keep a deadborn content alive for these few?
So what about guild mount locked for big guilds? its only for some ppl? i'm not asking about new gear...you have best mount without duration for guild coins...same mount in ranked have 90days duration.
Unique stuff: best weapon from PVE
Best set:War crest
Ranked: nothing...
Why we force ppl to do PVE?...its not generalized. Those changes with crest make ranked dead.
You are maybe right regarding the "force to PvE thing", but you just need 2 runs city dungeons and 2 runs bs to get weapons you need (if you need them) and chances are really high that everyone can do this, and after it neither you or your groupmades but each other on ignore. If there are only 2 or maybe 5 ranked matches needed for a reward, hell yeah, I will just close my eyes and go through it (maybe this will be harder for the others then for me).

And atleast pve is something most people are willing to do, while ranked is just dead, if you cant find 12 players on the server during primetime queing for ranked, devs shouldn't keep this toxic shitshow alive. The reason we are talking about this is that nobody want to play it...
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

facundo7777

Post#34 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:19 pm

Moreover if current players leave mid tier due to scroll change it will be more dead thant currently is what is hard to imagine

Everdin

Post#35 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:20 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:19 pm Moreover if current players leave mid tier due to scroll change it will be more dead thant currently is what is hard to imagine
another valid point
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

Bobbiom

Post#36 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:29 pm

Imagine dinging r40 when you are below rr60..

Phantasm

Post#37 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:33 pm

I understand the xp scroll being issue to stop or postpone getting into t4 tier, but isnt it bigger problem proportion of xp gain vs rps here? I fear new or fresh characters will have harder time getting into tier 4 with reasonable renown rank. And i`m not talking about gear, there is a little gain, but renown spec points. 30+ renown rank gap for chars 40/40 and 40/70 is +9 crit, -15 to be crit or 18% parry + 12% dodge/disrupt. I mean there is a lot of opportunity doing pqs, scenarios or quests for easy exp, but to be honest for pre 40s, only scenarios are real rp income source. Maybe increase of rp for chars rank 1-39 via another sub 40 rank pot or buff.

Mergrim

Post#38 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:18 pm
Mergrim wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:50 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:29 pm If ranked needs a special unique blazing never seen before reward to get played... maybe people just don't need ranked at all...

Lot of people are happy because the way to obtain gear was generalized, and now a few people want to segregate some unique stuff so others are forced to keep a deadborn content alive for these few?
So what about guild mount locked for big guilds? its only for some ppl? i'm not asking about new gear...you have best mount without duration for guild coins...same mount in ranked have 90days duration.
Unique stuff: best weapon from PVE
Best set:War crest
Ranked: nothing...
Why we force ppl to do PVE?...its not generalized. Those changes with crest make ranked dead.
You are maybe right regarding the "force to PvE thing", but you just need 2 runs city dungeons and 2 runs bs to get weapons you need (if you need them) and chances are really high that everyone can do this, and after it neither you or your groupmades but each other on ignore. If there are only 2 or maybe 5 ranked matches needed for a reward, hell yeah, I will just close my eyes and go through it (maybe this will be harder for the others then for me).

And atleast pve is something most people are willing to do, while ranked is just dead, if you cant find 12 players on the server during primetime queing for ranked, devs shouldn't keep this toxic shitshow alive. The reason we are talking about this is that nobody want to play it...
PvE is something most people are willing to do? are you joking? There is still a lot 80+rr ppl that don't have bis weapon, due they dont play pve. This is in 99% pvp game and most of us play it to fight vs other players.
System was very good on live server.
Bis weapon scenario/Lotd(for some classes)
Bis set RvR

Here?...you recieve war crest 5time faster playing rvr than scenario. Best mount in game only for big guilds. Play pve if you want bis weapon.

Maybe you dont wanna play ranked, at least sometimes there was a good fight. Mostly low quality ppl left in game now, you make 3 man and you destroy every scenario. RvR is just order zerg those days.

Ads
Cyrinael

Post#39 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

As someone who plays and has played a lot of mid-tier (50/50 premades and solo) for a long time, for me the removal of the XP-Scroll is overall a good change, but you have it backwards if you think this will lessen the demoralization.

In any case they will be equally demoralized, because the same players will still stomp them in mid-tier anyways or they will be even more demoralized when they get to T4 with their Annihilator or Mercanary gear and are completely rofl-stomped by everyone (also pugs). Additionally, getting to RR39 to equip full Annihilator/Mercanary is no longer guaranteed tbh.

I know and have talked to most of the "veteran mid-tier players" and tbh they will just make a new character and start over - trust me they do it already and will continue to do it. Of course there are also the "veteran players" who sometimes run guild grps in mid-tier (Nightmare, B-Team, NGE, Black Horror a few months ago, FMJ, etc.) but from my experience most of them don't use XP-Reduction Scrolls anyways.

Honestly, I think you have good intentions here, but this will make demoralization worse because if you hit T4 with RR40, have no proper guild or know only few peoples you are completely stranded in a meat-grinder to get to Vanquisher at least. If you are healer/tank that is. As dps player good luck in finding premades/propper warbands with vanquisher gear. From my experience this is also different in mid-tier, because new/casual players are still taken into SC premades, whereas in T4 I have not seen any /5 group that lets you join with a low-geared dps or tank.

For me, one of the dreaded "no fun-allowed veteran mid-tier players", this change is overall good, because I expect more people to play mid-tier. Once they encounter T4 with no gear, they will probably go back to something that was fun, i.e. mid-tier.

Sulorie

Post#40 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 pm

There is just no valid reason to remove it, as we all know how it was without scroll, it's not like we try something new here.
Mid tier population will shrink, more players in t4, less activity in t2-3. More incentives to just grind your way to 40. New players facing true gear gaps in t4, while bolster basically removes any gear gaps in t2-3.
Much more premades in t4, so new players have even less time to learn, if they want to.
No significant rr advantage of higher RR player in t2-3 SC unlike t4, due to cap at rank. All this is lost.

The core problems, that new players know hardly anything about UI add-ons and core mechanics isn't solved.

This was discussed internally?
Dying is no option.