Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
penagos22

Re: Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Post#51 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:43 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:35 pm
licenje wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:27 pm
penagos22 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:20 pm

this guy dude, you know what is a ward unlock?

invalid point, next please...
you can get wards with pve now... all till invader gear my wl is vanq with 4k crests waiting for bloodlord/invader ward from bs...
next...

I mean, if I want to play a spec other than the pvp set, I say in case I dare to want to learn about my class or have fun, I can't do it because I have to save the crests for a set that I won't be able to enjoy in weeks

Ads
Magusar

Post#52 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Sometimes people underestimate other people. Some premades from t2-t3 sc chose this for themselves as the main activity(happened to watch). And its their right. But its one of reasons why not enough fresh blood.
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm should make a 25% renown potion for 16-39 that is extremely cheap.
Good point. And a bit more crests for T2-T3 sc would be ok.

About premades vs pugs its looks like matchmakening problem-some examples from practise:
- If u are in full premade, u will have other premade against u only in 1 vs 3 sc or near that. 1 time premade vs premade and 2 times premade vs pug.
-If u are 4 ppl in your party or lower, u will easaly have premade or even double premade against u in every sc.
I think matchmaking have some "specific"settings.Question of priorities.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

regularspecial

Post#53 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:56 pm

why are we pretending that getting farmed in SCs stops once you have gear?

you can have the best gear in the game and if one side has a premade, you're going to have a bad time. that's the PvP experience.

the boon change is great. people can't sit in t3 all day farming lowbies and calling that gameplay.

Magusar

Post#54 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 pm There is just no valid reason to remove it, as we all know how it was without scroll, it's not like we try something new here.
Mid tier population will shrink, more players in t4, less activity in t2-3. More incentives to just grind your way to 40. New players facing true gear gaps in t4, while bolster basically removes any gear gaps in t2-3.
Much more premades in t4, so new players have even less time to learn, if they want to.
No significant rr advantage of higher RR player in t2-3 SC unlike t4, due to cap at rank. All this is lost.

The core problems, that new players know hardly anything about UI add-ons and core mechanics isn't solved.

This was discussed internally?
Many of new players never come to t4, cuz their raped almost from the start.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#55 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Boon change is extremely good. I'm glad that was removed from the game. That, and the 'free level' scroll from way back when served no purpose in the game other than to skip content.
Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 pm The core problems, that new players know hardly anything about UI add-ons and core mechanics isn't solved.
This, plus other QOL, are needed. This one is a significantly easier and quicker change to make. Whether it comes before or after is functionally irrelevant for development.

I'm sure the other ones will come soon after, as it's not incredibly hard to do this in comparison with frontloading UI mods into the game client.

I'd love to see:
-Tether in default UI
-Sequencer in default UI
-Enforcement of conditionals serversided (ie; can't use a pure knockback or knockdown without the target missing immunities)
-Easier onboarding for crafting (Talisman Making / Apothecary) via autogranted quests
-Core class mechanics from 1, autogranted tutorial quest to highlight importance (Guard, Stealth, Charge, Rez, Class Buffs)
-Abilities granted earlier (Full kit by 25, extra talents stay where they are, mastery abilities and points stay where they are)
-That open parties revamp I was working on. Rather in-depth.

Those alone would resolve a lot of QOL issues and help with retention.

Sulorie

Post#56 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Magusar wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm
So what is changed now? The same people will still get farmed with a multitude of additional drawbacks and when one premade leaves the bracket the next is already there. I still don't see who is being helped here?
Actually you will have a lot more people being undergeared/leveled for t4.
T4 already has the biggest population, do we need even more meat to grind?
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#57 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:11 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:02 pm
Cyrinael wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 pm There is just no valid reason to remove it, as we all know how it was without scroll, it's not like we try something new here.
Mid tier population will shrink, more players in t4, less activity in t2-3. More incentives to just grind your way to 40. New players facing true gear gaps in t4, while bolster basically removes any gear gaps in t2-3.
Much more premades in t4, so new players have even less time to learn, if they want to.
No significant rr advantage of higher RR player in t2-3 SC unlike t4, due to cap at rank. All this is lost.

The core problems, that new players know hardly anything about UI add-ons and core mechanics isn't solved.

This was discussed internally?
I think I have never seen Sulorie disagree with the Dev-Team this much.

Same, I SSed that post for future generations. Hell frozen.
Don't freak out. :lol: Some changes are well reasoned and explained, even if it doesn't happen at patchday and could be communicated better and some lack any
logic and miss their target.
Dying is no option.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#58 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

There is no reason anymore for having low level characters in this game. There is no "new players" here. All chars should start on 40 already and gears actualized for builds instead level.

Ads
wonshot

Post#59 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:20 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:01 pm Boon change is extremely good. I'm glad that was removed from the game. That, and the 'free level' scroll from way back when served no purpose in the game other than to skip content.
Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 pm The core problems, that new players know hardly anything about UI add-ons and core mechanics isn't solved.
This, plus other QOL, are needed. This one is a significantly easier and quicker change to make. Whether it comes before or after is functionally irrelevant for development.

I'm sure the other ones will come soon after, as it's not incredibly hard to do this in comparison with frontloading UI mods into the game client.

I'd love to see:
-Tether in default UI
-Sequencer in default UI
-Enforcement of conditionals serversided (ie; can't use a pure knockback or knockdown without the target missing immunities)
-Easier onboarding for crafting (Talisman Making / Apothecary) via autogranted quests
-Core class mechanics from 1, autogranted tutorial quest to highlight importance (Guard, Stealth, Charge, Rez, Class Buffs)
-Abilities granted earlier (Full kit by 25, extra talents stay where they are, mastery abilities and points stay where they are)
-That open parties revamp I was working on. Rather in-depth.

Those alone would resolve a lot of QOL issues and help with retention.
Secrets man, I love you and your passion.
But coming out saying all of this stuff, after stepping down (again) unfortuneatly. What does it serve?
From my very lacking knowledge from the outside over the years, you were a coder and had the chance. So why are these changes not getting implimented when they were something the coders wanted in.
Many topics on that list are good newplayer friendly changes, that would help people come in and learn and understand the game better and therefor stand a bit of a better chance from lvl 1 pvp experience. But when we, the community, hear time and time again that whatever is being worked on is very much volunteer and motivation based, how come you sound motivated to work on these and ive seen it first hand you wanted stuff like the lowerlevel build-defining abilities to be looked at or the group/warband window.

But saying you wanted it done, and have had the chance(s). What purpose does it really serve, im merely just wondering. as some could speculate if this is just an ex teammember sowing doubt about their old workplace, which also doesnt help the server image nor reputation.
Sorry if this got too derailed or a sore topic for either party. Not interested in any drama, just an observation and i could be wrong!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

vanbuinen77

Post#60 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:03 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:08 pm
Magusar wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm
So what is changed now? The same people will still get farmed with a multitude of additional drawbacks and when one premade leaves the bracket the next is already there. I still don't see who is being helped here?
Actually you will have a lot more people being undergeared/leveled for t4.
T4 already has the biggest population, do we need even more meat to grind?
Yes more meat
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman