Recent Topics

Ads

Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Post#11 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:57 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pm ...

- every gear set can be gained through any activity = dungeons are now useless, nobody run them anymore

- All RvR lost its meaning : no incentive to push campaign and fortress since City will happen eventually. Now way to push multiple cities a day anymore = less motivation to actively play campaign. Why bother to defend or fight anymore, if nobody got anything to fight for ?

Well, the incentive to do dungeon is wards, while saving crests. There was never a better reasons to do them.
Furthermore there is no better way to get soul talisman or regular talisman fragments.

I agree that you feel less rvr progress now but how was it before? City siege almost daily during times when barely anyone plays.
Btw, being able to push multiple cities a day was seen as bad campaign design, when one side zergs only and then people relog before city.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Martok

Post#12 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:31 pm

Some worthy issues here:

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pmRevert old city system...

Triggering a City Siege following the second Fort lock as prior wouldn't be objectionable, however the time to que for each city should remain at ten minutes (at most) or even reduced to five minutes. Que dodging is an aspect of City Sieges best left dead.

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pm...every gear set can be gained through any activity = dungeons are now useless, nobody run them anymore

Really? I can get the Bastion Stair gear without ever actually running the Bastion Stair?

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pmFor same reason, and scenarios and rvr being on same level = even if everyone can play as they want to (which is a good thing), it means there is more population shift occurring, also less scenarios or less balanced ones.

I am a huge proponent of scenario play and thus a proponent of most any tweak which serves to promote them. The weekly warfront event remains one of the best standard fares in game. However you are correct, the current currency mechanic does serve to weaken the overall scenario experience. That and the fact most guilds no longer seem to care about running pre-mades for the purpose of seeking balanced fights but rather run them just to frak with pug groups and solo players because e-peen.

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pm All RvR lost its meaning : no incentive to push campaign and fortress since City will happen eventually.

I agree in theory. Actual keep defenses have become a rare occurrence, with the majority of defenders either huddling on the third floor or bailing out the back just as the inner door goes down. There is very little need or desire to actually defend anything, and you make a valid point illustrating so. Therefore:

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pmLess realm pride, barely any defense anymore...

Quoted for truth.

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pmTo me since my debut about 6 years ago, I never felt the game being so bland and meaningless, and I'm not even speaking about many, many people already quitting because of boredom, amongst them many guilds and/or famous WB leaders.

When people are leaving this server to go play on a DOAC server, that does provide cause to wonder. I have been active on this server since 2016, and I can state the level of angst currently manifesting itself is unequaled in the history of the server. RoR has always been plagued to one degree or another with what can accurately be described as less than desirable self-absorbed participants, not enough to truly matter but enough to be noticeable. Recently that phenomena has metastasized to include a level of nihilism hitherto unknown, and good players, good people, have left because of it.

Sproximus, Masayuki, Zappytap, Fixxer, Zombieslicer, five former big-time streamers (just off the top of my head) now gone. How many more hits like that can the server take, is a logical question to ask.

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pmThe urge to casualize this game is only leading to a loss of good players (the ones who actually care about improving and play for the "good play"), which in turn leads to a global loss of quality for everyone around.

There were some aspects of the game which needed to be softened up. Fodder for another conversation I supposed however the Zerg-Fest play style is, and there is no other way to say this, boring.

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pmOf course the weekly event is not the only thing to blame here, but I feel too much changes in the casual way is doing more hamr than good, actually.

I support the weekly event as it is currently manifested. Influence was meaningless prior, and it is good, in my humble opinion, to see it granted value again.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Rubius
Developer

Post#13 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:34 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:57 pm Well, the incentive to do dungeon is wards, while saving crests. There was never a better reasons to do them.
Furthermore there is no better way to get soul talisman or regular talisman fragments.

I agree that you feel less rvr progress now but how was it before? City siege almost daily during times when barely anyone plays.
Btw, being able to push multiple cities a day was seen as bad campaign design, when one side zergs only and then people relog before city.
This is spot-on. Last year we had one realm pushing the enemy realm's city 3x in one day, resulting in permanent 1-2-star and massive AAO.

It's important to remember that by design, people who lose get less. Fort losers get no gold bags and no purple bags.

So if you're getting blobbed, you can try to take advantage of the 400% AAO, but you have to be a DPS or able to kill someone to do so, which isn't always easy.

So far I really like the new system - allows me to actually complete the weekly on multiple chars without having to be on at specific times for sieges.

Morradin

Post#14 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:49 pm

I got to the second reward for rvr week in KV this morning. Fighting over HW Falls, back and forth. Started with 0/10000 ended with 6k+/10000, in three hours or so.

I don't know if I like this yet.
PRO: fast inf rewards just back and forth fighting
CON: No movement past wc. None. Boring.

ravezaar

Post#15 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:52 pm

Morradin wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:49 pm I got to the second reward for rvr week in KV this morning. Fighting over HW Falls, back and forth. Started with 0/10000 ended with 6k+/10000, in three hours or so.

I don't know if I like this yet.
PRO: fast inf rewards just back and forth fighting
CON: No movement past wc. None. Boring.
Exactly and its gonna get even more boring fast
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Endari

Post#16 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:50 pm

I kinda like the new system, gives me an incentive to play my alts because now I can get some rewards on them along without gimping my mains advancement.

I would like city push to come back but too many of you see the city as some kind of end-game content, while on live it was a mostly PvE way to get your gear faster.

There would always be an instance or 2 of actual fights but otherwise, it was the call out to instance #17654 is empty join on me! I could choose to either group and fight or sail through a mostly/completely empty instance when I'm feeling lazy, or just a way to a pug band to avoid guild/pre-made wb's and get a sorta even fight.. I remember a lot of good city fights with maybe 2 groups on either side.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#17 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:43 am

I do not know if tonight's aao was messed up but I was barely getting any renown 44 renown for kills with 140% aao and getting influence on NA times is horrible. I'm only at the second pip and that's sad normally I've completed the weekly by now.

Game on NA time is sad. All good things eventually come to an end looks like it's getting closer.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

inoeth
Suspended

Post#18 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:29 am

first time i have completed a weekly as a solo player... it was hard to get the 200 kills before.

nobody runs dungeon anymore? what?? i feel they are run more than ever to get the unlocks for higher gear and save all the crest for the big stuff.
are we playing the same game?

the crest change and the rvr quest is a big up in my opinion to shorten the time where you have to suck because of bad gear. thank you devs for hearing the players.

Ads
kryss

Post#19 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:32 am

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pm Revert old city system, and remove weekly entirely. Game was fine 1-2 years ago, now I feel like everything lost it's purpose and incentive to play :

- every gear set can be gained through any activity = dungeons are now useless, nobody run them anymore
On Order I see plenty of grps running GB/CT/Bastion and asking for them. More than usual actually. In fact, there's no better way to equip a fresh character in a few hrs of playtime: for many classes, get Bloodlord and go into RvR with "decent" gear, instead of struggling with anni/ruin/conq etc. And you can save for Triumph/Sov basically from the start.

Last changes (crest system, RvR quest) favor a more casual and QoL environment, they always give you something for playing. As usual, the difference is in the players: if you are experienced and committed, you can farm gear like crazy; if you are average, blob, etc, you can still get a little progression. What's bad about it?

Brakh

Post#20 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:56 am

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:06 pm no game must be better for new players! lets focus all attention on that
Watched some streams recently, there is no new players in this game, only same old addicts on their subsequent alts.