Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Up To Date Engi Guides/Builds

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

Re: [Engineer] Up To Date Engi Guides/Builds

Post#11 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:24 pm

exist any build and gear setup for solo roaming as engi xD? or there is no way to play it similar to magus

Ads
Mez

Post#12 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:01 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:24 pm exist any build and gear setup for solo roaming as engi xD? or there is no way to play it similar to magus
If you find this can you let me know? I was top damage in my Tier 3 scenarios for like 15 levels and it was a glorious ride, one I am thinking about rerolling for.

However after looking at Rifelman damage on a full conq engi, i was appalled at how bad the damage was, while still requiring full buffs from your turret. I imagine magus is just so much better because its magic damage not armor pierce.

I thought, maybe I can do an AOE spec and grind, then i tested the 20 foot AOE range on your main spammable direct damage and it was also a joke, only hitting the middle construct in altdorf, and not even spreading to the next to targets next to the dummy. The AOE radius seems completely jacked.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Pahakukka

Post#13 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:08 pm

Mez wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:01 pm
facundo7777 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:24 pm exist any build and gear setup for solo roaming as engi xD? or there is no way to play it similar to magus
If you find this can you let me know? I was top damage in my Tier 3 scenarios for like 15 levels and it was a glorious ride, one I am thinking about rerolling for.

However after looking at Rifelman damage on a full conq engi, i was appalled at how bad the damage was, while still requiring full buffs from your turret. I imagine magus is just so much better because its magic damage not armor pierce.

I thought, maybe I can do an AOE spec and grind, then i tested the 20 foot AOE range on your main spammable direct damage and it was also a joke, only hitting the middle construct in altdorf, and not even spreading to the next to targets next to the dummy. The AOE radius seems completely jacked.
I been fairly succesfull with sentinel/oppressor, sentinel victorious and last victorious/def sov. pieces
Running with high regen and 720 toughness and 850ish BS now and can get good fight against pretty much anything. Wont be winning shamans or regen chosens tho, but good fights anyway .

I use the rr65 sc weapons, but the rr45 ones will be totally fine too.
as tactics i run expert skirmisher, trenchfighting masterful aim and insta turret mostly, sometime replace insta turret with coordinated fire for more dmg.

I pick the disarm from right tree, phophorous shells from mid, and rod and keg from right one.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Fallenkezef

Post#14 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:18 pm

Assuming WS talis, is Keg sniper still viable? I know Engi has issues due to having to rely on armour pen.

Just curious as I don't want to be pigeonholed in an WB aoe spec. I'd prefer a ST SC spec for my alt as my IB is set up for WB work.
Alea iacta est

Scottx125

Post#15 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:12 pm

Mez wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:01 pm

Riflespec is primarily about bursting a target down to kill them. And unfortunately it's a static/defensive spec. It struggles in ORVR but is great in static fights like sieges etc. It also doesn't do well in SC's because you need that distance as that's your only safety net. You want to obv get your BS to 950 so you can pot the rest of the way and then go full into WS. If you're doing more roaming, unless you've got a sniper squad to nuke targets fast I'd rec going AoE grenadier spec. Same for SC's. Gives you a bit of mobility, and allows you to get closer to your targets as you only need to stack BS to 950 and then everything else can go into being defensive.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

nailinthehead

Post#16 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:49 pm

For solo roaming you need top tier gear and grenadier/tinkerer spec.