Recent Topics

Ads

Community Knowledge test.

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Do you understand the difference between stats in character paperdoll window and .getstats command ?

YES, i know the difference
57%
NO, i dont know the difference
43%
Total votes: 67

Arthem

Re: Community Knowledge test.

Post#11 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:53 am

Who is the character pepedoll? I don't know who getstats is either so

Ads
Omegus

Post#12 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:14 am

Gracey wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:53 am The real question is why they should be different in the first place - as a player it makes zero sense and no added value to have different values for the same stat.
Some stats are dependant on being compared to your enemy's stats. The character sheet (paper doll) makes up some stats for the enemy to display something to you that otherwise might not be possible to display. Sometimes it's due to bugs, i.e. the client believes A stacks with B but on the server it doesn't.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#13 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:25 pm

Haojin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:51 am
Secrets wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:57 pm Answer is neither. Use Rydiak's spreadsheet.

Getstats doesn't always show all of the modifiers for individual abilities, some tactics, and does not show avoidance of one player versus your own.

It's impossible to outfit your character for all situations, and you should always test over assuming something works the way you think.
a question, why nobody bothered unifying stat knowledge aka fixing paperdoll before ?
We did try. It's mostly clientsided and a lot of it is embedded directly into the game logic (ie; reverse engineered side of things) that we hadn't made support for.

In theory, we could send stats directly if we were to have a way to set Lua variables on the server to the client, which we can do right now at the expense of it being strings in channel9, which isn't ideal.

I started work on a solution for this before dipping, but it was a lot of work remaining. Doable, though.

Haojin

Post#14 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:11 am

Secrets wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:25 pm
Haojin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:51 am
Secrets wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:57 pm Answer is neither. Use Rydiak's spreadsheet.

Getstats doesn't always show all of the modifiers for individual abilities, some tactics, and does not show avoidance of one player versus your own.

It's impossible to outfit your character for all situations, and you should always test over assuming something works the way you think.
a question, why nobody bothered unifying stat knowledge aka fixing paperdoll before ?
We did try. It's mostly clientsided and a lot of it is embedded directly into the game logic (ie; reverse engineered side of things) that we hadn't made support for.

In theory, we could send stats directly if we were to have a way to set Lua variables on the server to the client, which we can do right now at the expense of it being strings in channel9, which isn't ideal.

I started work on a solution for this before dipping, but it was a lot of work remaining. Doable, though.
cheers !
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn