Recent Topics

Ads

New mail system

Let's talk about... everything else
Dabbart

Re: New mail system

Post#21 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:53 pm

Emissary wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:48 pm
You have to read RoR's discord bond hasnt said anything in weeks but others know their is a problem, they are making light of it, but they know. Like others in discord have said, I worry we are being pushed away
Thanks for the info. I avoid that channel like syphilis.

Can I ask why you think we're being pushed away? The lessening of communication has been ongoing for years. Mostly due to us, the playerbase being a group of "ChuckleFucks" as Azmo once called us. Also, whom do you mean by we? Players in general, or a certain subset?

This is the first I've heard that particular thought, so I'm curious. I also haven't been super active the last 2years, just dipping in and out. Edit: actually no. I heard it years ago. About players who considered themselves "hardcore" or "elite" being pushed out by Devs wanting this server to be "casual". I always thought they just didn't know when to stfu and say "Ok, mb I'll stop". But I think you mean this in a different way.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#22 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:47 am

Kpi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm It is funny... it seems the main concern of the average player is the war crests :D
it would be funny if you didn't have sov, to see what you say then :D

but sure keep making excuses for devs

Razid1987

Post#23 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:46 am

I'm not going to defend or attack the change to the mail system, because I honestly don't care.

I am however going to point out, that a delay on sending items via ingame mail, have been a thing in other MMORPGs (Like WoW) since at least 2006. This isn't a new concept.
I'm just wondering what made the devs implement it now, instead of years ago. One might think it's because the project is at such a place, that there are only minor tweaks left to be done. However, one quick look at the state of the game now quickly ruins that theory.

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:07 am

HammerGuy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 pm And that is where communication comes in. Letting the players know that the devs recognize the problem and are working on it goes a long way for player satisfaction.

What we have now is a huge issue that isn't even mentioned. On top of that we don't know if compensation will be forthcoming. So, we're left to wonder. All the while players will foment rage and confusion.
Feel assured that they know pretty well about the current bugs.
Dying is no option.

Kpi

Post#25 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:11 am

rejndjer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:47 am
Kpi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm It is funny... it seems the main concern of the average player is the war crests :D
it would be funny if you didn't have sov, to see what you say then :D

but sure keep making excuses for devs
I lost various gold bags for my alts... and i still think this is funny :)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Hootmaroot

Post#26 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:13 am

Akalukz wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 pm must have been a duplication hack tied in with it would be my guess.
this is usually the cause of most games having to change the mail system but most games 10 years ago used to just disable/remove the in game mail system and you would have to transfer items gold through trusted guild members or run a second account to transfer your items to other characters on your account

Gracey

Post#27 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:18 am

Not getting the pots i buy in AH until 1hr later... aka next time i log on is so lame. How about adding 1hr time to respawn when dying in RVR... now that would be something worthwhile! :)

HammerGuy

Post#28 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:44 am

Is there an ETR for the problem with no crests for zone locks and no crests in bags through the mail? I've heard it has been fixed two different times and it's still not resolved.

Ads
space44

Post#29 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:01 am

I for one enjoy this positive mail update. Its making it a lot easier to use.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Waaghtastic

Post#30 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:57 am

space44 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:01 am I for one enjoy this positive mail update. Its making it a lot easier to use.
I never had any issues with the mail except that sometimes a mail could not be deleted on the first try after removing an item (had to click delete and confirm again).

What was the struggle previously and how it is resolved now?