Recent Topics

Ads

About PQs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
magter3001

About PQs

Post#1 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:28 pm

I know that PQ's are currently bugged and the script for them is not working properly. The first stage on most PQs seem to work somewhat, if it involves killing x amount of mobs or whatever. However, once you finish the first stage, the PQ bugs out and won't continue with stage two. This means in order for a player to gain influence, they would have to be the first player to join the server, after a server restart, to get any influence.

I was wondering if we could at least for the time being make it so that after stage one is finished, the PQ resets. That way it will be easier for "Everyone" to gain influence for the chapters. This should be the easier fix for PQs instead of having to do all the script work on each and every PQ and would give players the influence to complete each Chapter. No more Marauders logging in and doing all the PQs influence and leaving everyone else in the dust.

This would also help gear some people up with some rare gear, including Chalices for DoKs in Chapter 8 and 9. I know that scenario weapons are coming out as well but giving players multiple ways to acquire gear is not such a bad thing. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Ads
Horgrim

Re: About PQs

Post#2 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:27 pm

+1 to that, there is information ingame, that the PQ will reset after 3 minutes, the countdown goes to 0 and... nothing ;)

Coryphaus

Post#3 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Exactly ch 9 chaos pas look like their stuck in permed at reset

Glorian

Post#4 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:23 pm

+1. There is a pistol for my dwarf in Empire Chapter 9 which Lesti NEEDs. :)

Even if the PQs are not working completely, and repearing them is time consuming and such, please check if there is a way of quikfixing it as mentioned above.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Why would you want to farm mobs in a broken pq when you cant get to the boss

Glorian

Post#6 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Telen wrote:Why would you want to farm mobs in a broken pq when you cant get to the boss
To get INF and then get the three reward items. There are some nice ones hidden in the chapters third levels.

magter3001

Post#7 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Telen wrote:Why would you want to farm mobs in a broken pq when you cant get to the boss
The reason is because currently, influence is somewhat working but the pqs don't. If you bothered to fix influence and add chapter rewards then might as well make pqs somewhat doable. The fix above should do that.

grumcajs

Post#8 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Its true there are some nice inf rewards for doing PQs, though I think PQ with only stage 1 available is kinda grind like gors in IC.

Working PQs was nice before rr80+ and reworked rvr sets. Easy were still easy but usually u had to have tank and healer for last stage, 9+ were pretty hard mostly and u needed 2 pug grps to even stand a chance.

If u only make stage 1 available its nothing more than farming mobs to get influence.

To make it clear - this is not "make PQs working!!" post cuz I agree with majority of players the main aim should be somewhere else.

Ads
magter3001

Post#9 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:24 pm

grumcajs wrote:Its true there are some nice inf rewards for doing PQs, though I think PQ with only stage 1 available is kinda grind like gors in IC.

Working PQs was nice before rr80+ and reworked rvr sets. Easy were still easy but usually u had to have tank and healer for last stage, 9+ were pretty hard mostly and u needed 2 pug grps to even stand a chance.

If u only make stage 1 available its nothing more than farming mobs to get influence.

To make it clear - this is not "make PQs working!!" post cuz I agree with majority of players the main aim should be somewhere else.
Yeah but working PQs takes development time away from the RvR fixes. What I suggested "should" be an easy fix, or at least easier than re-writing all the script for the PQs and making each and every PQ from T1-T2 work properly. Most people don't mind the grind part of stage 1 because it gives you the influence you need for the Chapter rewards. A little time spend at the PQs killing boars or Trolls and you have enough influence for a rare weapon or armor piece.

grumcajs

Post#10 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:36 pm

@magter3001 - same mindless grind as grinding gors for woe drops

killing mobs give u 50 influence if Im not mistaken. do u know how long it would keep you in pve grinding to get rank 3 reward? not to mention multiple players in 1 PQ?