Recent Topics

Ads

Hello from an old DAoC - Percival & WAROL Player!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Malorin

Hello from an old DAoC - Percival & WAROL Player!

Post#1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:44 pm

Ah memories.. I loved this game enough back at launch that I picked up the collectors edition just so I could have the grog kegs in my dwarf's beard. At the time my PC couldn't handle the end game RvR zerg raids and would typically crash when you zoned into the lord fights. At least I think that's what would happen.. I never saw it :nods: So in the end I drifted away from this title but I did love it very much for a time.

In this game I was some combination of my typical DAoC names of - Malorin, Rynan, Giovanni, and Bevin on the Order side, and for Chaos I cannot remember exactly but my Black Orc main I'm sure had Zug in the name somehow.. lol

Anyway I figured I'd give this for a spin again. Happy 2022 all!
-M

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Hello from an old DAoC - Percival & WAROL Player!

Post#2 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:45 pm

Welcome! :)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Malorin

Post#3 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:50 pm

Thanks! I'm currently patching now, but I look forward to playing again here shortly. I remember the first tier of battlefield(s) was a lot of fun. I remember when I was sad when my Runepriest leveled out of it at I think it was 11 or 14? Are those still a thing?

Kaelang

Post#4 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:51 pm

Malorin wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:50 pm Thanks! I'm currently patching now, but I look forward to playing again here shortly. I remember the first tier of battlefield(s) was a lot of fun. I remember when I was sad when my Runepriest leveled out of it at I think it was 11 or 14? Are those still a thing?
Yeah you level out of T1 sooner or later, but we have a bolster system in effect so you'll get scaled based on equipped gear, to higher levels. Meaning you can stand your ground against the higher players regardless. :)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Malorin

Post#5 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:36 pm

So I got in and made some new characters. I see that I cannot select the old collectors edition special hair options such as the keg in the hair for dwarf.. or I missed it. Is that something that not an option in this game or how would one go about getting it?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:56 pm

Malorin wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:36 pm So I got in and made some new characters. I see that I cannot select the old collectors edition special hair options such as the keg in the hair for dwarf.. or I missed it. Is that something that not an option in this game or how would one go about getting it?
Those were actually rewarded as items that unlocked the hair and keg options. We've given them out in the past during events, not recently though.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bavradai

Post#7 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:27 pm

Welcome newest git! Be sure to ask away in /advice if ya need any questions answered quickly in game!
Look forward to WAAAGHin' wiv ya, or WAAAAGHin' ova yer!

Malorin

Post#8 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:38 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:56 pm
Malorin wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:36 pm So I got in and made some new characters. I see that I cannot select the old collectors edition special hair options such as the keg in the hair for dwarf.. or I missed it. Is that something that not an option in this game or how would one go about getting it?
Those were actually rewarded as items that unlocked the hair and keg options. We've given them out in the past during events, not recently though.
Very cool! I'm just glad they are still out there in some fashion then! Thanks!

Ads
Malorin

Post#9 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:54 pm

Bavradai wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:27 pm Welcome newest git! Be sure to ask away in /advice if ya need any questions answered quickly in game!
Look forward to WAAAGHin' wiv ya, or WAAAAGHin' ova yer!
Yar~ Thanks! See you out there.