Recent Topics

Ads

War Reporting Channel instead of instant.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Panzer80

War Reporting Channel instead of instant.

Post#1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:28 pm

War Reporting out of RvR zones has become a PvP skill for many players. Players can even engage, then disengage long enough to WR out if it seems they will be caught. They only need to kite long enough for combat cooldown, then poof. If you go into an RvR zone you should at least have to face the negative consequences with the positive ones (with in-game systems). That's the agreement going in. Being given an in-game system to avoid negative situations with a click seems like bad design. Let people crash their game if they are so desperate to avoid negative situations in RvR, I say. Make WR a channel like guild scrolls. Then you get the best of both, without the quasi-exploitative behavior. Dissapearing players breaks the continuity of the RvR experience, and it's cheap behavior.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads
Stinkyweed

Re: War Reporting Channel instead of instant.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:15 pm

The game within the game...
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Morradin

Post#3 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:21 pm

Someone got away from you didnt they? :)

Sulorie

Post#4 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:14 pm

Want to remove SC pops while in RVR area too? Just asking, because the result and even look is the same.
Dying is no option.

knick

Post#5 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:33 pm

dont see a prob to have one (1) tool to escape a gank by a warband/6 man grp for a solo player. I mean thats exactly what it is. Warbands/6 man grps complaining that they missed one prey out of 100.
If a player can engage then disengage long enough to WR out he may deserve it to escape.

the descriptions here in the forum would suggest that this happens every time. but to be honest i've seen it in pvp exactly 1 time in the last week

It has a cooldown and next time you meet the player he cant use it again. Also i dont understand why we have this discussion over and over again. its not like we already had a big post about 2 weeks ago with 5 6 pages?
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Panzer80

Post#6 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:40 pm

knick wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:33 pm dont see a prob to have one (1) tool to escape a gank by a warband/6 man grp for a solo player. I mean thats exactly what it is. Warbands/6 man grps complaining that they missed one prey out of 100.
If a player can engage then disengage long enough to WR out he may deserve it to escape.

the descriptions here in the forum would suggest that this happens every time. but to be honest i've seen it in pvp exactly 1 time in the last week

It has a cooldown and next time you meet the player he cant use it again. Also i dont understand why we have this discussion over and over again. its not like we already had a big post about 2 weeks ago with 5 6 pages?
It happens all the time and I've just described that player can initiate, then disengage long enough when things don't go their way. People leave the WR open while playing. The problem is one of principle, and of continuity. Players vanishing cheapens the experience. You choose to enter the battlefield, and not the consequences of entering. Take the bad with the good or crash your game to save an ego loss. I didn't see the other post until after I made this one, but I've posted about this before, and will do so again if this continues to bring down the level of RvR.
Last edited by Panzer80 on Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51

Panzer80

Post#7 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 pm

Morradin wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:21 pm Someone got away from you didnt they? :)
Someone? Must be a dozen over several days. Equally I can also "get away" but changing this mechanic would affect everyone. It cuts both ways.
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:14 pm Want to remove SC pops while in RVR area too? Just asking, because the result and even look is the same.
No, or I would have brought it up.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:04 pm

Panzer80 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:14 pm Want to remove SC pops while in RVR area too? Just asking, because the result and even look is the same.
You wouldn't even make the thread, because ppl escape by joining sc as well. The more ppl play, the more likely you get sc pops.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Morradin

Post#9 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:31 am

[/quote]

That is the problem. How do you know they war reported out and did not just take an sc pop?

Avanos

Post#10 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:12 am

Both SC and WR should have a cast timer. Five seconds at least.

For the people arguing that its an escape tool, it isnt.
The abilities granted to your character are escape tools - use those. These are things that can be countered, WR/SC Pop cannot be countered.

Even WE/WH stealth can be countered.
Veretta the Witch Elf