Recent Topics

Ads

JOIN 2022

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bazingattack

JOIN 2022

Post#1 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:21 am

Heya,
Watched a video of LazyPeon playing this game from some VIP account, he clearly doesnt play this game in his freetime. :D
I cant remember the negative comment he said about the exp gain and poor loot while on dbl exp.. he got so bored that he had to use someone elses account, i mean if your takeaway is that he got to show you more of the game, then sure, but we all know he was a few hours in and wanted to stop being bored of the lack of rewards for everything other than the public quests, go watch it again if you need to. :lol:

After the vid i came back to have a look at all the changes & see if the fun was completely rung out.
My first look at the "JOIN" button on the main page that takes you to the downloads page.
Looks like it has spider webs. :evil: :oops:
It is a wall of text and then some links at the bottom, immediate impressions was not an inviting one.
Unless youre only trying to invite people back to the game and not get brand new people, because it doesnt have that new people look.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download

My feedback: I thought the download page would be the face of sharing the game to the world, it is not, its not advertiser friendly., its a wall of text.
The page that helps me join the game is the ugly, i am more handsome than this webpage.
Do you want to get ants? because this is how you get ants.
I felt the need to turn my adblock back on after step 2, it was that! unfriendly.

Why am i creating account before im downloading? how fast is the internet of the person who wrote it?
I should have plenty of time to create an account after the download has started, along with reading the rest of this wall and then picking addons like lollies.
The welcome Category at the top has[Linux] and[Mac] links that take you directly to a download at the top of their page and has pictures, its a game.. we love pictures and downloads before we read a wall of small font, the terms and conditions are not a commonly joked about thing with being associated with enjoyment, also sometimes pictures are super helpful when 1.jpg can say enough to cover a paragraph of words and can be handcrafted to make things entertaining.
Im hopeful that someone can understand my rambles here and has the ability to do something about it, for the future of all new players that are attracted to the game via some youtube video, *also* at some point the virus discussion bits ppl will need to google "heuristic perspective" to understand why they need to turn off their virus protection, why not tell them that the installers methods are intrusive memory injecting that are detected like a virus because thats how a virus acts? its not a suggestion im curious if people bother reading and skip to the download button anyway, making it a wall of skip, because there is no love in reading the #download wall of text, the mac n linus threads got it right, but the main is like your dopamine levels drop by step 2 and its a hard recovery to smile while reading.
shorturl.at/aqyFM <--heuristic perspective

I clicked preview and the website crashed :o
Thankyou for reading.

Ads