Recent Topics

Ads

Siege of Eternal Citadel/Altdorf Palace

Let's talk about... everything else
Sinisterror

Siege of Eternal Citadel/Altdorf Palace

Post#1 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:33 pm

Is it possible to have these first iterations of City Siege in RoR? Not to the extent of how it was live But basically if Attackers win Stage 1 defenders are thrown out of the city and you get Invader gear from goldbags and purplebags containing 60dps wpns with procs (using 1H amount because i remember it, same lvl wpns that Lost Vale final boss dropped) Then to stage II which was a Long Lord Fight and if you won rewards were Warlord From goldbags and 63dps wpns with procs from purple bags.

After that Stage III " Siege of Eternal Citadel/Altdorf Palace " There were series of Lords to Kill, maybe 4-5 and they had chance to drop 66 dps wpns with procs(Doks who got Painblade of Anarchy<3) which was maximum Dps on wpns when rr80 was max. Well Tovl wpn had 67 dps but no procs or talisman slots.

If you got through these bossess then you had to kill THE KING that dropped only Sovereign no wpns. Anyway, this was easily the best version of city siege this game had. FIrst Stage PvP, if you win as attackers you get INVADER gear and got to truly siege the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m3jBsaQ1pY Video of Order Killing Stage II Lord (Warlord and second strongest wpn drops)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRvbM_lU00 Video of Eternal Citadel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTbds0X4Wik Destro Doing Altdorf Palace but before this they had to kill Stage II lord, didnt find footage. Anywas would get me to do city sieges=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Siege of Eternal Citadel/Altdorf Palace

Post#2 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:05 pm

i played live in first year of it's life and i dont remember it was like this at the time, but more like current ror system. at any rate, i think that making city siege 4/5 pve would definitely not make me queue for it.

Scottx125

Post#3 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:23 am

Idk, I like the current PVP style of city siege. However I do like the idea of a more dungeon themed city siege. Where you go through and kill the various leaders and bosses till you get to the King. Kind of like a 24 man WoW raid.

It would be interesting, but at the same time dungeon bosses as is are buggy and I'd imagine it being incredibly frustrating if a 24 warband encountered that kind of stuff, plus to get people to do pve the reward has to be pretty good. Unless they can think of a great way to implement this into current cities, I doubt it'd be played by most people.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Nameless

Post#4 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:35 am

With the way of fixed times for city sieges at ror it could work. On live it didnt cos the organization and dedication to kill the enemy king was enormous. Like organized realm wise empty zone locks at 4am so you end up at barely empty city siege so your realm win 1st pvp invader stage to progress to the pve stages.

It was fun a couple ot times but then it become repetitive and boring so mythic change it for more pvp centric system
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz