Recent Topics

Ads

Very long lags, then often DCs

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Narmahar

Very long lags, then often DCs

Post#1 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:36 pm

Hi,
I have a problem with very long lags (even 5-10s), often ending in disconnection from the server.
Just moving around towns, RVR, dungeons. Just anytime.
I've already tried almost everything I found here (complete reinstallation, exception in AV and FW, disable addons, etc.)
When lag occurs, internet and responses are perfectly fine.

Can you think of what else I could try?
Thanks!

Ads
malark

Re: Very long lags, then often DCs

Post#2 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:42 pm

experiencing something similar lately but i'm not sure if it's a problem with my connection or equipment

My DOK gets kicked off either by a crash or a network timeout (even though everything seems to be fine I can browse etc), then i'm unable to log him back in, the only way to log him back on is to log another character on first. I'll try changing some stuff tomorrow see if it's fixed. I have theorized that sometimes there is someone that is able to exploit people's clients but who knows, my setup is pretty exotic because I play via linux so I understand sometimes there might be an issue here or there

Akalukz

Post#3 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:00 pm

If you are running addons, try turning some of them off. Also lower video settings etc, turn off names / titles / guilds and things like that. Turn off the custom appearance setting. Some people have success connecting through VPN service as well.
-= Agony =-

Narmahar

Post#4 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:10 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:00 pm If you are running addons, try turning some of them off. Also lower video settings etc, turn off names / titles / guilds and things like that. Turn off the custom appearance setting. Some people have success connecting through VPN service as well.
I've tried everything except graphics settings. But I would understand light chopping, but the game stops, so do the other players, and then they start disappearing, followed by DC. The whole thing takes a few seconds, sometimes the game starts again, sometimes it doesn't. But it also happens for example with the career trainer, without the other players around.

But I will try the VPN.

Akalukz

Post#5 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:44 pm

Narmahar wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:10 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:00 pm If you are running addons, try turning some of them off. Also lower video settings etc, turn off names / titles / guilds and things like that. Turn off the custom appearance setting. Some people have success connecting through VPN service as well.
I've tried everything except graphics settings. But I would understand light chopping, but the game stops, so do the other players, and then they start disappearing, followed by DC. The whole thing takes a few seconds, sometimes the game starts again, sometimes it doesn't. But it also happens for example with the career trainer, without the other players around.

But I will try the VPN.
I have had this issue as well, maybe not as bad as you are experiencing. reset of the local router usually solved it are you on wifi or direct connect. Possibly a network routing issue, which a VPN could possibly help with.
-= Agony =-

Fenris78

Post#6 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:40 pm

Try to always delete your TEMP folder (in the RoR root directory) before each launch ; sometimes it will prevent many issues related to disconnections and crashes.

Narmahar

Post#7 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:00 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:40 pm Try to always delete your TEMP folder (in the RoR root directory) before each launch ; sometimes it will prevent many issues related to disconnections and crashes.
Well, that's something.

I've played around with the cache directory before, but haven't tried it much.
But it looks like it's a hit, but I really need to delete it every time.

Fenris78

Post#8 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:25 pm

Narmahar wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:00 pm
Fenris78 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:40 pm Try to always delete your TEMP folder (in the RoR root directory) before each launch ; sometimes it will prevent many issues related to disconnections and crashes.
Well, that's something.

I've played around with the cache directory before, but haven't tried it much.
But it looks like it's a hit, but I really need to delete it every time.
I meant the cache folder yes, sorry.

I made a batch file with this (copy-paste in a text file, then rename it to .bat) :

Code: Select all

rmdir G:\Warhammer_RoR\cache /s /q
start G:\Warhammer_RoR\RoRLauncher.exe
exit
Of course adapt target directories to match your folders, mine is installed on drive G: ;)

Ads
Narmahar

Post#9 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:43 pm

So it probably really helped. Weird, I never clean this folder before and there was no problem.

And thanks for the tip with the batch file, I was thinking of simplifying it somehow.

Strakar

Post#10 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:52 am

The server seems to be having some issues last night overall. Had this happen like 4x, twice full disconnect and twice came back. Was in discord and half the warband was having the same issue.

Not server related, I had this a couple months ago, had to reset router and switch to our 5G wifi since the 2.4 wasn't cutting it even though it was fine before.