Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] End Game Gear for Bomb/AOE

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sightbringer

[Sorc] End Game Gear for Bomb/AOE

Post#1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:56 pm

I prefer to play my sorc in AOE/Bomb mode in oRVR. I'm almost RR 68 now and I'm still rocking a few pieces of Conqueror + Vanquisher but as I approach 68 and can equip Triumphant, I have been considering my end-game / best-in-slot (BIS) setup more seriously.

I've been informed that Onslaught is actually very good for glass cannon sorcs but I think it is unlikely I will be able to obtain that set due to play-time-logistics. Therefore, I've been thinking of going full Triumphant and then if I ever do manage to acquire some Onslaught from CH22, I could slot some of those in. However, I don't want to burn all my crests for Triumphant if I should really be rocking Sovereign Voidlord. To me it just seems like the set bonuses on Triumphant are pretty good but Sovereign Voidlord 5 piece also seems quite good.

What do other experienced bomb/AOE sorcs suggest for set combinations?

For weapon, I am using the Bloodlord Witchstaff.

PS: Is there an accurate list of sets for sorc somewhere? This page does not seem accurate and uses names that I don't even recognize:
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Sorc ... pment_Sets

Ads
lemao

Re: [Sorc] End Game Gear for Bomb/AOE

Post#2 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:05 pm

BIS for AOE sorc is usually going 5 Sov + 4 Triump, that requires the triumphant ring tho.
If you manage to get Onslaught, go 4 Onslaught + 4 Sov, the proc should be perma up in larger fights.

If i were you i would not focus on getting all the triumphant pieces yet, focus on having enough crests for 5 pieces sov when you hit RR 78, then you can wear stuff like 5 sov + 2 triump/2 vanq + 2 pieces sentinel which is also very common. I suggest you to wear full vanq until then, the set is designed very well overall for dps classes.