Recent Topics

Ads

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gobtar

Post#1 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:01 am

Premades are queuing up as duos in order to farm pugs and avoid other premades in the discordant scenarios. Originally .pug scenarios were great because you were almost guaranteed to fight other pugs, but it appears that guilds are abusing the generosity of allowing duos queue.
Given how opt to abuse queueing as a duo is, I would suggest making discordant skirmish a solo player option only, I loved the idea of being able to queue with a buddy, but it's just ensuring that premades are farming pugs even more assuredly than in a regular scenario.

This feedback has been both on the receiving end and as part of a group that suggested doing exactly what I am complaining about.

Ads
Akilinus

Re: Feedback: Discordant Scenarios

Post#2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 am

Feels like this some fake narrative just to bring down the quality of .pug scenarios even further
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Scottx125

Post#3 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:10 am

It's not really abusing. I've seen situations where you've had 3 2 man groups from the same guild get paired together essentially getting an entire pre-made past the 2 man limit. It's a simple fix. Implement a system that prevents more than 2 people from the same guild entering a SC. If it can't fill the gaps after 1 minute then it opens 1 more slot for a member of a guild who had reached it's player limit in that SC to join. However the SC shouldn't just throw more people in until it can keep both sides matched evenly.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Gobtar

Post#4 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:30 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:10 am It's not really abusing. I've seen situations where you've had 3 2 man groups from the same guild get paired together essentially getting an entire pre-made past the 2 man limit. It's a simple fix. Implement a system that prevents more than 2 people from the same guild entering a SC. If it can't fill the gaps after 1 minute then it opens 1 more slot for a member of a guild who had reached it's player limit in that SC to join. However the SC shouldn't just throw more people in until it can keep both sides matched evenly.
I have very much been in discord with people that openly suggest to try to time it so they can get in the same queue. This is why I am bringing it up, because the intent of the design is for 1-2 people to queue up, not to game the system to sneak a full 6 man in.

That is a decent suggestion, though honestly I am not sure those kinds of checks would work, since not all premades are drawn from the same guild, the typical 6 man I run with is drawn from several guilds. I think prioritizing solo players over duos might be the solution for match making.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:41 am

Gobtar wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:30 am
Scottx125 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:10 am It's not really abusing. I've seen situations where you've had 3 2 man groups from the same guild get paired together essentially getting an entire pre-made past the 2 man limit. It's a simple fix. Implement a system that prevents more than 2 people from the same guild entering a SC. If it can't fill the gaps after 1 minute then it opens 1 more slot for a member of a guild who had reached it's player limit in that SC to join. However the SC shouldn't just throw more people in until it can keep both sides matched evenly.
I have very much been in discord with people that openly suggest to try to time it so they can get in the same queue. This is why I am bringing it up, because the intent of the design is for 1-2 people to queue up, not to game the system to sneak a full 6 man in.

That is a decent suggestion, though honestly I am not sure those kinds of checks would work, since not all premades are drawn from the same guild, the typical 6 man I run with is drawn from several guilds. I think prioritizing solo players over duos might be the solution for match making.
Report them. Use the killboard linked at the top of the forum. We will make sure people take long vacations from queuing scenarios at all if we can get actionable evidence.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog