Recent Topics

Ads

Roaming career suggestions

Let's talk about... everything else
Farrul

Re: Roaming career suggestions

Post#11 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:39 pm

bunniepowa wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:34 pm So im down to shaman on destro or AM/WL on order? Basicly
No, not at all. For pure solo roaming nothing comes close to WH/WE due to stealth mechanics alone, it is the single most powerful tool in the game for the task. Likewise these two will rarely find a spot in an organized/meta warband but can as anyone join pugs. Depending on timezone(NA) there might not be anything else than pugs/roamer anyways.

Shamans/AM(shamy is the better of the two and a disease on the server as far as solo roaming goes, don't add to their numbers for the sanity of the server ;) ) is the optimal pick from what you describe but most classes can do just fine. More importantly better doesn't mean more fun, pick the class that makes you enjoy the game(mechanics/aesthetics) and not because others tells you to play it, that's slavery and a waste of your time, ignore or report the small minded toxic people.

All tank classes (6 classes) are always wanted/needed in meta groups and have ok-ish to decent solo roaming build, especially Iron Breakers/Chosens/Swordmasters in regen gear make decent solo roamers(IBs being able to kill shamans 1v1 or run away into safety tanking all damage with decent self sustain, swordmasters in bis/regen cant be beaten 1v1 melee except for a skilled regen witch elf, chosens are hard to bring down)

All dps classes have viable/effective solo roaming builds, as mentioned White lions are good all-rounders with some of the best singletarget burst in the game and Maguses on the destro side are top tier solo roamers arguably harder to beat than shamans in some cases. All the dps classes can find a spot in a WB if you prove you are a decent (although due to overpopulation and group concesus certain classes have it rough, i.e shadow warriors , engineers but these are both excellent zerg zurfers and can easily farm renown/war crests to bis gear from ranged safety)

I do not play healer archetypes but i hear good things about Runepriests(some would argue they can match AM for roaming). Dok/WP can be powerful in melee, can't say anything about zealots though, it is the only destro class i never see roaming around solo, of course as with all healers they are super desired in warbands.

TL:dr There are meta picks for every task but every class is viable if you put in the effort and have the patience to gear them up and learn to play them properly.

P.S. For new players: roaming(and generally) knowing the abilities of your opponent and synergies with allies is as important as knowing your own class,
Spoiler:
that's one reason some fail because they do not even bother to set up the basic add-on setup to track enemy cd/buffs and have no idea what's goin on, hence succesfull players regardless of class are the ones that have experience of their opponents strenghts/weaknesses and know when to press each button with good timing, i see many players blindly attacking someone with m1 100% parry buff or kill themselves on shaman m1 not understanding that they need to stand still to remove it(i've done it myself, but super tired NA time so i have an excuse ;) ) basic stuff, someone might complain ''that class is overpowered'' not realizing the enemy player might be under the effect of a blue regen potion + class mechanics + regen gear etc( yes roaming is try-harding if you want to be decent, get gold income to support essential potions/liniment).

Ads