77%
Stay with 2
23%
Total votes: 152

rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Open the 3 zones already

Post#11 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:44 am

you need 3 zones opened all time, or at least during primetime. like OP said, when one side has favorable keep in DW, other side knows they can only really attack one zone. and both factions are aware of this, pls dont make this into another order vs destro thing, because it's rng both factions act same when they're in bad position.

Ads
Waaghtastic

Post#12 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:57 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:37 am I think the main arguement is being missed, for why 3 zones should be available.
Not all zones are equal...

If Caledor, KV are the only two options there will be players, groups, or guilds who simply get a worse evening because of the open available zones. Having 3 open means that there are a higher chance for a better balanced open rvr map will be availabel, henec the product and fight potential being higher.
This is exactly my biggest pain point as well.

There are too many combinations of bad maps which could be open at the same time which are not fun to carry out :(

Caduceus

Post#13 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:12 am

Having three zones allows for more variety in terms of PvP, and variety and the "sandbox" feel has in my opinion been a great strength of RvR and RoR in general.

The only thing that is lacking is a sufficient reason for players to play in those three zones. I am in favor of opening three zones, however I think it should be accompanied by changes that make it more lucrative for players to compete over the scarce resources in zones, BOs and supplies.

Wouldn't it be great if players truly had a stake in attacking and defending BOs?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Garamore

Post#14 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:23 am

At this point i'd revert the campaign to what it was prior to scheduled cites. Lots of the order guilds just leave the lakes as the campaign is now meaningless meaning they are empty at time when they used to be full with people either priding a defense or pushing to lock city.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

lemao

Post#15 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:27 am

Garamore wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:23 am At this point i'd revert the campaign to what it was prior to scheduled cites. Lots of the order guilds just leave the lakes as the campaign is now meaningless meaning they are empty at time when they used to be full with people either priding a defense or pushing to lock city.
Please this

Tyrodan

Post#16 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:12 am

Just as I'm writing this we have a perfect example ingame, on why the current mechanic sucks: when both factions have taken an equal amount of forts, we are actually down to a single open zone (KV).

Both keeps are leveled to 3* and there have been multiple failed sieges already. This situation will persist until there's a major population shift to one side or the other. When destro locks the zone it gets even more hilarious, as the only open zone then will be fort. If you log in too late to get into it, you're basically stuck to idle in the cities, until either destro wins and we get a 2nd zone open or order wins and the one-zone-cycle repeats.

The argument that people would excessively use 3 zones to PvDoor is kinda null to me. Players that take almost empty keeps are already punished harshly with abysmally low renown ticks. If the zone doesn't even reach a minimal threshold of defence there's also no bag roll. So the mechanics to hinder abuse are there.

End this madness already, Mr. Wargrimnir
Last edited by Tyrodan on Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:56 am

pvdoor still happens when population is low and disbalanced, try PvDoor in primetime when most of people play. keep sieges are structured in such a way that if there are enough defenders funneling keep ground floor, attackers basically have no chance of winning. that's why you need 3 zones open at one time in primetime so you can try 2 rams in 2 different zones etc.

Gracey

Post#18 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:24 pm

Can i vote 1000 times yes? It will still be fewer open than in the old days when there zones open in every tier.
Would be refreshing to get more roaming opportunity. And for those odd balls who want to blob, more zones won't threaten them, they can continue to coordinate blobs if they like, just the rest of us get options.

Also please remove the delay in activating the following zone once its predecessor is locked. Having a 10min (or whatever it is) delay funnels the majority of players to the other pairing, the only active zone,
with more predictability than the reaction of a partner if one forgets their birthday!

Ads
yoluigi

Post#19 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 pm

Like some said some zones are just bad. If praag was alwas open nobody would mind it lol. Having 3 zones give more fun for solo/duo trio, 6man, 12man and warbands

Lithenir

Post#20 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:45 pm

You guys seem to have a pretty short memory.
Even in the old system with 3 open zones and no scheduled city the majority was in one zone with max. Warbands vs Parties in another zone and the last one was mostly completly empty.
So let me ask this, why do you think this behaviour will change?