Recent Topics

Ads

Gear Power Growth

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: Gear Power Growth

Post#11 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:50 am

nocturnalguest wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:23 am ...also 20s/30s uptime is really bold statement from 83rr slayer, your actual effective pressure window is much more narrow outside of wild power thru 11/0/13 build and in reality you bomb for like ~3 seconds at best in red. if your aoe MA is not a slayer than you will usually find yourself bombing in yellow.
Actually its 5s, cause you need that time for full Retribution + m2,few stacks of ID and Onslaught + Shatter Limbs/No Escape.
Most fights last 20-60s, try to time it nicely for 20s in a nonred spec and u got dead zone 25ft around SL.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#12 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:19 am

Phantasm wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:50 am
nocturnalguest wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:23 am ...also 20s/30s uptime is really bold statement from 83rr slayer, your actual effective pressure window is much more narrow outside of wild power thru 11/0/13 build and in reality you bomb for like ~3 seconds at best in red. if your aoe MA is not a slayer than you will usually find yourself bombing in yellow.
Actually its 5s, cause you need that time for full Retribution + m2,few stacks of ID and Onslaught + Shatter Limbs/No Escape.
Most fights last 20-60s, try to time it nicely for 20s in a nonred spec and u got dead zone 25ft around SL.
Yes, you are right. I was eager to type "~3-5" cause its technically 5 seconds, but you almost always need to reposition which may take 1-2 seconds. Still tho even without rampage slayer would be bombing very hard. Just because its skill set, class mechanic and 1050 str/~700 ws and lots of armor penetration.
And back to your initial point - destro tank rr points are not of full waste. 20-60 seconds of which slayer would bomb properly for 10 seconds in ideal conditions. they are of no waste because slayer bomb supposed to be countered and if you dont do that, its not rampage fault, but your group.

Phantasm

Post#13 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:35 am

I used to crossfingered to have in group tank with awareness of SL weaknesses, now I play one and I must say it forced me to learn myself a lot. Decent guilds adapted to them, pugs still bluntly whine about it.

BluIzLucky

Post#14 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:52 am

Two notes:
Vale-walker set is only based on AM
Victorious and Triumphant only include rings for a few classes, so their avg power is a about a 100 power down, that being said cost-wise they are their own set in tier 8 :lol:

@Phantasm yes, some renown setups technically would be below the 8p/rp curve (based on most efficient setup) with my point system, but being premium stats like crit hard to get elsewhere they have some higher inherent value.
Healers take fs, heal crit, and dodge/disrupt.

@Sulorie yeah it's not a buying guide, vanq is a main set and invader seems to be a mixing set, invader is 2-3x more expensive, also remember if you are looking at the "Set Power" chart, higher sets just have more pieces which means more bonuses and talis slots. Will add a chart for avg piece power by set, but the tier power takes this into account somewhat.

@rrrutsss there's theoretical and practical, and then there's putting it into a single number, for stat stealing procs I've just given power equal to what you gain (90-130), the debuffing part has to compete with all other abilities and can't really be assigned a value.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70