Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Garamore

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#191 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:38 pm

Order always looses as those organised wbs just blob and dont cap bos. It has nothing to do with numbers or balance. If you spend 10 mins summoning the zerg to one place the other side will cap all the bos and win.

In a few lotds we have purposefully just distracted the blob to keep it blobbed so that destro win. Its a little painful as 5wbs roll over us pretty easy but the outcome is yet another destro win. In some others we have been the back capping warband and made sure to flip the bos as fast as possible to keep the score ticking.

Until the blob splits order will lose every time.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
wonshot

Post#192 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:23 pm Regarding the blob balance mechanic - actually a intersting point that I didn't consider a problem so far. From experience, order wins on kills because order has more organized warbads (3+ if its a full lotd) running, that prefer fighting as such. From my observation destros are running a lot more small scale ganking / kiting groups who are the reason BOs are capped everywhere and WBs can't split off to take care of that. If they would, they'd lose the major fights instantly. That theory is also backed up by considering the 40+ shamans showing up on the killboard.

All in all, I don't think order always lost because of faction balance, but it had its relevant part in it. And it could easily be fixed. The other part seems to be the unwillingness of order to play small scale. Part of the reason could be the clear destro dominance in classes that can kite well and still are good in comparison (I'm look at you, SW, BW and AM (good damage, way worse kiting)), but thats a discussion for another day I guess.
I must say, I kinda disagree with most of your points. But Ill also admit that I've been out of the loop, and most of my lotd experienced comes from playing on destro couple of months back, and only been running behind warbands on order last 3 rounds to see and observe.

I cant recognize that Order should have more organized forces, based on the latest weekend lotd i saw the following:
Order warbands: Rolgrom, Grezko, Oath, Cature.
Destro: FMJ, Brutality, Nugos, Grufrip

I might have missed some, but just based on my Enemy markers from the past these were the warbands and tags i saw with a tail of roughly 18+ allies.
I was taking turns tailing around on the different order warbands to see how they would act and manuver around, and while most of Order was hugging mid I didnt see Broguns tag for the first 25mins more than twice around mid, meanwhile i could hold my breath leaving one order tag and see the next before i had to exhale. Yes, that will lead to winning in kills, but also lead to a red map when destro have warbands daring to go on their own and fight whatever comes. Oath being one of the only warbands who time and time again does this from order in lotd, to my knowledge atleast.

LOTD is imo a mixture of organized groups/warbands being able to stand on their own evennumbers or stall or win when outnumbered, while having some sort of pug force pull their weight, and a bit of region chat intell between pug and premade.
Yes smallscale can be effective, but to some extend it is a matter of one realm is doing stuff where they get progression done when evennumbers or outnumbered. Rolgrom rallying the pugs with some direction helps order, Oath standing on their own and assisting helps too. But theres too many on order who dont pull their weight either with fighting or capping and this, creates the illusion that order is outnumberd imho. Could be lack of pugleaders, 6man groups, organized warbands or whatever it might be but i am still not seeing this population imballance, apart from when the leavers start leaving and peopel give up.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ninjagon

Post#193 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:59 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:38 am Ninja, you are missing the obvious elephant in the room - any even numbered contest for Bene will result in a loss.
Evilspinnre, youre the stinkiest troll out there :-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Evilspinnre

Post#194 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:05 pm

I wasn't trolling.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ninjagon

Post#195 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:20 pm Whitchhunters Anon sending 1-2 stealthers to Each BO and backcapping or reporting intell could massively turn this around for Order, just saying :lol:
OK let me count a bit, Wonshot:

There are 8 BOs at one half, another 8 at the other half and 3 BOs at the middle (which I will not count, these 3 are for big fights mainly).
And I am not sure that 1 WH alone can cap BO there. But with a healer, they can.

So 1 WH + 1 heal (or 2 WH) for every BO? 16 people just for your half of the map. I am not sure if that would work.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Cyrylius

Post#196 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:24 pm

Did you try?
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

CyunUnderis

Post#197 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:52 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm OK let me count a bit, Wonshot:

There are 8 BOs at one half, another 8 at the other half and 3 BOs at the middle (which I will not count, these 3 are for big fights mainly).
And I am not sure that 1 WH alone can cap BO there. But with a healer, they can.

So 1 WH + 1 heal (or 2 WH) for every BO? 16 people just for your half of the map. I am not sure if that would work.
Since this patch, you need to be 6 to cap a BO. So it should not work

Ninjagon

Post#198 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:38 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:52 pm Since this patch, you need to be 6 to cap a BO. So it should not work
I think that it is not working like that anymore. I have seen 2-3 people taking BOs still.

Well, this LOTD (08.10.2022) Order was loosing 300 points, and managed to turn the tide. 6 mans can do a lot of work there.
Spoiler:

Ads
Uberlix

Post#199 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:39 pm

Good scrap in LOTD today, was close for the majority of the duration of it.

Order definetly stepped up their game, credit where credit is due.

Looking forward to the next one, LOTD is the most fun i have in RoR atm.

(I also think that the 6 People requirement for capturing a BO isn't true anymore, i vividly remember a single AM trying to cap a point last time, because we couldn't be bothered chasing. He got it burning, until we came back and he legged it in time. But that isn't the reason Destro lost todays LOTD)
Last edited by Uberlix on Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Haojin

Post#200 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:57 pm

lotd balanced finally :*
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn