Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 08/10/2022

Post#1 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:16 am

Highlights

Weekend Warfront: Raiders of the Lost Pyramid

Treasure hunters have long been drawn to Nehekhara and the grand tombs of ancient kings. The promise of plunder has led many to risk their life in the Land of the Dead, only to add their bones to the ever growing army of the Tomb Kings. Enter the Tomb of Settra and battle with other adventurers over control of the vestibule of the pyramid.

This weekend Raiders of the Lost Pyramid will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the new Pyramid of Settra scenario (more info on that below), and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Content

New Mail Quests

As part of the new upgraded Mail System, we now have the ability to send players custom Mail as they achieve Character and Renown Rank milestones. These new quests will allow us to offer bonus rewards for players hitting milestones, as well as more Tutorial-style quests for new players.

We're rolling out the first test of these new Mail Quests with today's patch, which will begin with quests for Tier 1 & 2 Characters.

Please note this system doesn't work retroactively, so if you'd like to help us test it, see below for more details! If the test goes well, and if players like it, expect to see more quests like this added in the coming months.

New Player Experience Quests

Six new Mail Quests have been added to the game, three per faction. They are:

- New Renown Trainer Intro Quest: Upon reaching Renown Rank 5, players will be sent a Mail with a quest item that will guide them to any Tier 1 Warcamp to speak to a Renown Trainer, so they can see how to spend their Renown points.

- New Mastery Training Quest: Players who reach level 11 will now get a mail with a Quest Item that guides them to the Mastery Trainer in either Altdorf or The Inevitable City.

- New Mount Upgrade Quest: Players who reach level 16 will now get a mail with a Quest item that sends them to the Mount Vendor in their Capital City, and provides two free gold to help them purchase their 50% upgraded speed mount.

Bug Fixes

- [20431] Fixed the Stunty Noggin and Goreksonn's Brutebashin' Ring so that they both properly appear in the Main Hand when skinned there. Additionally, these can both now be skinned over most off-hand weapons, with the exception of shields.

Ads
Uberlix

Re: Patch Notes 08/10/2022

Post#2 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:47 am

I think Milestones for reaching Renown Ranks are a great change.

Too bad they don't work retroactively, but it is a nice incentive for new Chars (besides getting those final rr points when reaching rr80)
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

SuperStar

Post#3 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:06 am

Good idea,

Imo You should show them the item vendors too, i just played some t1 sc and mamy new player was neked above rank 10.

Nameless

Post#4 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:18 am

Before the mail changes (2-3 patches ago) when I got mail, on my mini map appeared letter icon so I knew when to check the local post. Now that icon is gone, is it something deliberately or some bug?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Caduceus

Post#5 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:34 am

Nameless wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:18 am Before the mail changes (2-3 patches ago) when I got mail, on my mini map appeared letter icon so I knew when to check the local post. Now that icon is gone, is it something deliberately or some bug?

Sounds like a bug. Mine is working fine.

Maybe check inside the UI editor?

Also, great changes for new players!
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:33 am

sounds like bug yes, have no such problems.

excellent patch! good work.

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:17 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:16 am New Mail Quests

As part of the new upgraded Mail System, we now have the ability to send players custom Mail as they achieve Character and Renown Rank milestones. These new quests will allow us to offer bonus rewards for players hitting milestones, as well as more Tutorial-style quests for new players.
There was a post about this a while back, nice to see it might happen now!

I suggest the following renown rank milestone rewards (even if just for first character, but then sent to same page as twitch drops):
Rank|WCs
10 100
20 200
30 300
40 400
50 500
60 750
70 1250

Other option I'd like is to give 100 crests x rank every 10 ranks up to 80.

Total: 3500 War Crests
This in additions to savings from PvE Wards: 6500
Will provide a significant contribution towards getting first BIS set.

At the moment it takes about 86k crests to completely buy all pvp gear (not including consumables) for one character, so I think there's room for generosity.

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:16 am - New Mastery Training Quest: Players who reach level 11 will now get a mail with a Quest Item that guides them to the Mastery Trainer in either Altdorf or The Inevitable City.

- New Mount Upgrade Quest: Players who reach level 16 will now get a mail with a Quest item that sends them to the Mount Vendor in their Capital City, and provides two free gold to help them purchase their 50% upgraded speed mount.
Tried lvl 11 and 16 quests, worked fine, just a little delay on the email notification it seems, got to the mailbox before the notification came but the mail was already there.
Would be nice if once you opened the mail or after going out of combat after reaching the level, that a tutorial pop-up screen appeared, like you get when your create a new alt to show movements :)

And just on the mount, you send them to the capital which is 10g instead of chp 2 camps which are 8g, and 2g for a new player can be a lot at lvl 16, so would be nice if the quest gave 3g instead of 1g ;)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Kloaner

Post#8 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:26 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:16 am

why not sending them to the Chapter 8 Vendor? It's only 8 Gold there, so the 2 Gold you give them kinda feels like a troll :D
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:49 pm

Kloaner wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:26 pm why not sending them to the Chapter 8 Vendor? It's only 8 Gold there, so the 2 Gold you give them kinda feels like a troll :D
Originally, the Mount Quest gave a bit less gold, so it was upgraded it to 2g so that you wouldn't be losing anything by buying your mount there versus the other camps. ;)

Savvy players can always use it to save a a couple more gold by completing the quest then running over, should they wish!

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:58 pm

Rubius wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:49 pm
Kloaner wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:26 pm why not sending them to the Chapter 8 Vendor? It's only 8 Gold there, so the 2 Gold you give them kinda feels like a troll :D
Originally, the Mount Quest gave a bit less gold, so it was upgraded it to 2g so that you wouldn't be losing anything by buying your mount there versus the other camps. ;)

Savvy players can always use it to save a a couple more gold by completing the quest then running over, should they wish!
I mentioned this to MaxHayman in private, but maybe there should be some sort of UI fullscreen hint that explains the mail or a mail quest that gets you into this flow of checking your mail early & often?

That would kind of make more sense, tbh.