Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] Up to date IB guides/builds

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Blodigmotor

[IB] Up to date IB guides/builds

Post#1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:17 pm

Hey there! I'm a newer player, and after trying out a bunch of classes I landed on an IB, which is my first character to reach cr16. I've been googling around a bit but can't seem to find any modern guides for IB, be it 2h or snb. Would any seasoned veteran be willing to help a beardling out?

I'm also rather confused by what stats I should be focusing, aswell as gear progression - I got the keeper set from sewers and was told this would last me a while, but what should be my next target?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Ads
nocturnalguest

Re: [IB] Up to date IB guides/builds

Post#2 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:37 am

Blodigmotor wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:17 pm Hey there! I'm a newer player, and after trying out a bunch of classes I landed on an IB, which is my first character to reach cr16. I've been googling around a bit but can't seem to find any modern guides for IB, be it 2h or snb. Would any seasoned veteran be willing to help a beardling out?

I'm also rather confused by what stats I should be focusing, aswell as gear progression - I got the keeper set from sewers and was told this would last me a while, but what should be my next target?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
At the moment there is no ultimately correct guide that includes all the info, whatever is around has its flaws but most easy-to-understand starters can be:
Graffer's picture for beginners
and look here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yaT ... MZ-go/edit

Both are pretty simplified, but assuming you are at a full 0 knowledge point those 2 be fine.

Blodigmotor

Post#3 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 am

Excellent, just what I needed! Thank you kindly

DsyncERROR

Post#4 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:03 pm

amazing, thank you for this!!

Legend!

Ordtos

Post#5 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:18 am

I can't open links to builds. It's just not loading.

BeneTleilax

Post#6 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:12 am

Same here. Cant open any links in your docs :(

SepticDisaster

Post#7 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:39 am

Build links have been screwy across the board lately, hopefully it gets cleared up soon.

nocturnalguest

Post#8 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:06 pm

afaik the person who wrote that is no longer active (at least on IB) so chances for builder links that expired (as they always do) are minimal.
also there are quite few mastery build options (actually in end game 3 possible builds for 2h and 2 for snb that are absolutely obvious), on top of need to have few preset tactics, to create some troubles in regards of mastery build.
however gearing paths are the most complex thing for everyone who yet hasnt mastered the class (or tank archetype in this case), but for a total beginner nothing is more rewarding game experience wise than just following wards system and upgrade it slowly. its true for all classes in this game that vanq is an end-game starter pack minimally required for proper gameplay experience.
as a general advice for absolutely new players i'd say the following - both 2h and snb works pretty well in midtier and respec is free, so experiment on your own, usefulness of mastery abilities&tactics is already written in that guide so just follow it.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:53 pm

So I was looking at this from the google docs guide as a SnB fighty/tank with the dps gear: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 80,3764&t=

How viable is it as a leveling build? I'm looking to level in SC's or should I just go full tanky and do that route?
Alea iacta est

Tesq

Post#10 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:59 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:53 pm So I was looking at this from the google docs guide as a SnB fighty/tank with the dps gear: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 80,3764&t=

How viable is it as a leveling build? I'm looking to level in SC's or should I just go full tanky and do that route?
Rather than s/b or 2h remember to slot grudge gain tactic in sc.