Recent Topics

Ads

[White Lion] I need help with a basic build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
HeroQuest

[White Lion] I need help with a basic build

Post#1 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:30 pm

Hello fellow Warhammer devoutees!

The career builder seems to be busted for older builds right now. If you click an older career build it takes you to a gray page. Because of this I've been making some posts to gather newer builds that will be of benefit to novice players like myself. I've been playing a White Lion with some friends so I figured I'd see what people use as basic builds to level in SCs or even in RVR if the mood strikes you!

So what am I looking for?
  • A basic White Lion career build / Path for advancement
  • Career Tactics - When and what to take.
  • Renown Abilities - This one has been confusing me. Do I pump futile strikes or go for something different?
I'm by no means an expert at White Lion! That's why I'm coming to all of you battle hardened Elves out there to help me with my build and hopefully provide aid to other new players in the process. With that said here's my build I've been thinking about using. I picked the career abilities and tactics based on what I thought sounded good.

My Very Unscientific // SC // RR40 // White Lion Build

Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing all of you on the fields of battle,
-HeroQuest

Edit: Updated build

Ads
Lileldys

Re: [White Lion] I need help with a basic build

Post#2 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:05 am

You'll want pack hunting & primal fury for the most generic lol-burst build. The Heal Debuff can wait till RR50 as its only out-going which is not so great at focussing down DPS. Just assist on a good Slayer/WH/BW/SW and you shouldn't have many issues getting kills.

Primal Fury + Flanking = 40% damage increase which is where most of the big damage will come from.
AA Haste Tactic as the 2h Crits hard with Armour Debuff.
I don't use Brute Force as you'll be set mixing to get high Strength till late game. It's quite easy to get to.

Primal Fury - Pounce - Force Opertunity - Check Pet on target, Co-Ord strike - Cull the Weak - Should be dead.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9198,9199

Wouldn't take morale unless bombing with an AoE build, even then, the lion pet dies fast in bombing. I think a lot take revenge.

Renown, I think its mainly Crit chance, reduced chance to be crit and parry? Not up to date with this.

Yazeran

Post#3 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:06 am

For warband play without pet. Go tree of hunting till Whirling axe, Force oppoturnity and aoe interupt, use Hack and slash and Loner tactic.
For solo, small scale play with pet. I use pack synergy, coordinated strike and I go for Leonide Frenzy for your pet burst dmg.
Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

GodGavr

Post#4 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:42 pm

Lileldys wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:05 am You'll want pack hunting & primal fury for the most generic lol-burst build. The Heal Debuff can wait till RR50 as its only out-going which is not so great at focussing down DPS. Just assist on a good Slayer/WH/BW/SW and you shouldn't have many issues getting kills.

Primal Fury + Flanking = 40% damage increase which is where most of the big damage will come from.
AA Haste Tactic as the 2h Crits hard with Armour Debuff.
I don't use Brute Force as you'll be set mixing to get high Strength till late game. It's quite easy to get to.

Primal Fury - Pounce - Force Opertunity - Check Pet on target, Co-Ord strike - Cull the Weak - Should be dead.

Wouldn't take morale unless bombing with an AoE build, even then, the lion pet dies fast in bombing. I think a lot take revenge.

Renown, I think its mainly Crit chance, reduced chance to be crit and parry? Not up to date with this.
can I ask you to tell me about the single-target solo build. I've been playing here for a week and it's not clear that according to pp, build and other things. I can't open old builds, so I'll be grateful

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:20 am

Solo build (requires 40/50)

If you're below 50, just take Leonine Frenzy over the knockdown but try and do SCs to hit 50 ASAP. WL is unplayable in the solo build without LF and (at least) the KD.

If you find yourself having issues staying alive, get the M1 parry. But to be completely honest, you won't ever really target stuff besides Mara/WE where that is handy.

At 60, get the silence. There's no other portions to that build.

For renown:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;1;2;0;0;0
I wouldn't suggest running without at least FS2. I run 4 FS/3melee crit at max level for solo play. You're too squishy without it.

Check out the Lion Clips Youtube for an idea on how to play this build.

GodGavr

Post#6 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:22 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:20 am Solo build (requires 40/50)

If you're below 50, just take Leonine Frenzy over the knockdown but try and do SCs to hit 50 ASAP. WL is unplayable in the solo build without LF and (at least) the KD.

If you find yourself having issues staying alive, get the M1 parry. But to be completely honest, you won't ever really target stuff besides Mara/WE where that is handy.

At 60, get the silence. There's no other portions to that build.

For renown:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;1;2;0;0;0
I wouldn't suggest running without at least FS2. I run 4 FS/3melee crit at max level for solo play. You're too squishy without it.

Check out the Lion Clips Youtube for an idea on how to play this build.
and which branch is the first to get on lvling. should I start from the path of a hunter or immediately become a guardian? and what is the fundamental difference between these builds.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#7 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:24 am

The fundamental difference is Guardian is aimed at small-scale or solo play using your pet to deal damage in addition to yourself. It has a knockdown, it has a silence, and the pet becomes immune to CC while using Leonine Frenzy, which makes pulling easier and pet damage consistent.

Hunter/Axeman is aimed at people doing scenarios, ranked pvp, city, orvr in organized warbands, etc - basically, group play where your pet keeping up with your target doesn't matter as much. There's plenty of ways to play with tactic combinations though within that spec.

GodGavr

Post#8 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:15 am

Secrets wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:24 am The fundamental difference is Guardian is aimed at small-scale or solo play using your pet to deal damage in addition to yourself. It has a knockdown, it has a silence, and the pet becomes immune to CC while using Leonine Frenzy, which makes pulling easier and pet damage consistent.

Hunter/Axeman is aimed at people doing scenarios, ranked pvp, city, orvr in organized warbands, etc - basically, group play where your pet keeping up with your target doesn't matter as much. There's plenty of ways to play with tactic combinations though within that spec.
i got it. What about lvling. which branch to start with? in both builds presented here, they take 9 hunters, and then the main one. where to start and where to go in the early stages?

Ads