Re: Patch Notes 26/10/2022

Post#11 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:46 am

Great patch looking forward to new SC and Event, tnx Devs

any news on the fix for WH tactic abuse ? gettin abit tiresome
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Omegus

Post#12 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:27 am

ravezaar wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:46 am Great patch looking forward to new SC and Event, tnx Devs

any news on the fix for WH tactic abuse ? gettin abit tiresome
I would assume it's the same as before: it affects more classes than just the WH, cannot be quickly fixed as it's an issue with the ability system in general and the ability system is currently in the middle of being completely overhauled anyway.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

arcane600

Post#13 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:58 am

I'm an honest WH... I put Sanctified Bullets in as a tactic, not removing it. Solves it for me.

Automation

Post#14 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:11 am

I love the art.
And i can only applause the work on a new player experience.
Good direction, new players can only be good for the server and the content.

Flashgitz

Post#15 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:38 pm

I just don't understand the refusal to implement permanent event rewards. It completely kills all interest in the event, why would you grind a cosmetic item that expires? Expiring mounts is such a bizarre design philosophy, one that I have never encountered in another MMORPG.

Waaghtastic

Post#16 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:02 pm

Flashgitz wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:38 pm I just don't understand the refusal to implement permanent event rewards. It completely kills all interest in the event, why would you grind a cosmetic item that expires? Expiring mounts is such a bizarre design philosophy, one that I have never encountered in another MMORPG.
I really like it! Permant event rewards would raise the urge in me to never miss out any event and envy all people who get rewards that I did not get.

With temporary event rewards like mounts I can always set back and think "yeah cool but in a few days they gonna decay".

Most of the time the event rewards are quite easy to obtain (I think the most "hardest", i.e. most time consuming, was the event with the gobbo head as reward) and can be done on the side. And doing them will grant a nice temporary fashionhammer reward.

ekalime
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Flashgitz wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:38 pm I just don't understand the refusal to implement permanent event rewards. It completely kills all interest in the event, why would you grind a cosmetic item that expires? Expiring mounts is such a bizarre design philosophy, one that I have never encountered in another MMORPG.
I've said this many times, but I'll repeat it for you. Games Workshop has very strict IP rules, which includes respecting the established IP of Warhammer Fantasy. An orc riding a unicorn or a dwarf riding a wyvern are not appropriate. By being temporary mounts we hope to avoid any issues of violating IP utilizing the logic that they are wild animals who you attempt to tame, and they break free, or die in captivity. While you, and others, may not agree with this 'philosophy', it is done with the best interest of the server in mind.

Live events are not mandatory, players are free to participate or not. They are rather meant to offer a small change in the routine.

Lithenir

Post#18 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:13 pm

ekalime wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:53 pm I've said this many times, but I'll repeat it for you. Games Workshop has very strict IP rules, which includes respecting the established IP of Warhammer Fantasy. An orc riding a unicorn or a dwarf riding a wyvern are not appropriate. By being temporary mounts we hope to avoid any issues of violating IP utilizing the logic that they are wild animals who you attempt to tame, and they break free, or die in captivity. While you, and others, may not agree with this 'philosophy', it is done with the best interest of the server in mind.

Live events are not mandatory, players are free to participate or not. They are rather meant to offer a small change in the routine.
Personally I have never heard of this but I totally understand that you guys don't take any chances messing with GW.
And as a big lore fan I personally thank you for the decaying event mounts. They just doesn't fit all races lorewise.

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#19 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:48 pm

ekalime wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:53 pm I've said this many times, but I'll repeat it for you. Games Workshop has very strict IP rules, which includes respecting the established IP of Warhammer Fantasy. An orc riding a unicorn or a dwarf riding a wyvern are not appropriate. By being temporary mounts we hope to avoid any issues of violating IP utilizing the logic that they are wild animals who you attempt to tame, and they break free, or die in captivity. While you, and others, may not agree with this 'philosophy', it is done with the best interest of the server in mind.

Perfect answer for everyone. Thx for deeper info.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Aethilmar

Post#20 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:31 pm

Here is another reason for you. Those mounts are not cosmetic. They have higher speed and lower dismount chances than other mounts i.e. power creep. It is already bad enough that they are making it such that rr80 folks get to keep them longer.