Recent Topics

Ads

Returning Player, SO STOKED

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
b1arney

Returning Player, SO STOKED

Post#1 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:11 pm

Howdy! New to RoR, however I played Warhammer some at launch, and absolutely loved it. Played it on and off until it died, unfortunately. Absolutely loved the RvR/PvP aspect, as my favorite to date MMO was Daoc. Loved the 3 realm RvR, as it is so much better than the arena/instance based PvP that most of the other MMO's have done. So stoked to get home and get this downloaded and get back into it. Loved the idea of your character changing physically as you level up, beard lengthening, etc, and the fact that you could level solely on PvP, without the endless PvE grinding that holds little to no excitement to me as I get older and have less and less time to play!

How is the balance between the factions? Don't want to be on the same side as like A HUGE MAJORITY and be beating up on the "little" guy, I'd much rather if there was an imbalance be on the underdog side.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Returning Player, SO STOKED

Post#2 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:03 pm

Hard to answer, balance becomes irrelevant when you throw enough numbers at a problem. Main specs generally work. A lot of off-specs aren't optimal. The meta at the moment is Order has some of the best DPS, whilst Destro has amazing CC.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Strakar

Post#3 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:43 am

Have fun! I returned about 2 years ago the same way you did. The community here is probably best in any MMO outside maybe LOTRO, and to your question balance is typically good enough.

Make sure to find a guild and/or group with semi organized players in orvr and scenarios for best experience. Mid tier orvr and early 40s can be tough against geared opponents no matter which team you play.

We've been teased with some future balance patches, right now dev focus is on newbie experience. They are great though, May not always agree with the changes and due to resources are slow, but they apply a lot of players feedback.

Scottx125

Post#4 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:10 am

Yeah, they are currently working on a new ability system that is easier to modify and expand/change without breaking everything as they do it. Plus apparently it's pretty complex to understand atm so you need to know the system inside and out to change something. After that apparently we're gonna see balance changes.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.