Recent Topics

Ads

Melee DPS on medium armor compared to melee DPS on light armor needs some adjustment.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Melee DPS on medium armor compared to melee DPS on light armor needs some adjustment.

Post#31 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:27 pm

b00n wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:19 pm
Omegus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:09 pm
b00n wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:16 pm3, If you compare it to WH/WE, I think we have a big divergence. When you see a Choppa/Slayer/Wl/Mara having a much higher chance to parry plus they have the chance to slow/pull and drop the parry chance from a We/Wh, it doesn't look fair because they can also hit as hard as We/Wh.
- Lower the parry of mid armor classes by 10-20%. I know this is due to high weapon skill, but maybe we should consider giving the 120 str/ws tactic an additional debuff for parry.
Where are you getting this from?
i will update this post with parry stats from choppa and we with nearly same quality of gear:

we: 28%
choppa: 45%
From where are you pulling the parry numbers?
Dying is no option.

Ads
lemao

Re: Melee DPS on medium armor compared to melee DPS on light armor needs some adjustment.

Post#32 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:28 pm

You guys realise you have to use .getstats to see the acual parry % ? WS doesnt get you as much parry as you see in the character sheet.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:30 pm

lemao wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:28 pm You guys realise you have to use .getstats to see the acual parry % ? WS doesnt get you as much parry as you see in the character sheet.
Ssshhhhhh, don't ruin the surprise. :P

Btw, .getstats doesn't give you WS based parry numbers anyway, because you can only calculate it based on your attackers stats and rank.
Dying is no option.

b00n

Post#34 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:33 pm

ok, good you found something where you can derail the discussion again... wonderful.

Strike out everything with Parry, fine with that.

It still remains that these medium classes can get their armor pen for AoE and Single target up to 70-80% and still having strength cap and not just for 3 sec.

edit: i removed the parry part from my ot
Last edited by b00n on Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Omegus

Post#35 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:38 pm

b00n wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:26 pm
Omegus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:24 pm I'm on about the huge parry buff from weapon skill, because if you're getting that off the character sheet then it's likely completely wrong.
ok, how to determine it then? What is the parry rate out of ws?
It's on the wiki under "defensive stats": https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Stats

The base chance to parry (before all flat +% modifiers) is based on the attacker's strength and the defender's weapon skill. The character sheet can't possibly know the attacker's strength so it makes stuff up.

The formula is: Defender's Weapon Skill / Attacker's Strength X 7.5 = base chance to parry

Assuming the defender has 700 weapon skill (pretty high) and the attacker has 1050 soft-capped strength, the parry bonus the defender gets from their weapon skill is: 700 / 1050 X 7.5 = 5%. Not exactly huge. A table-version based on the attacker having 1050 Strength is:

100 WS = 0.71% bonus parry
200 WS = 1.43% bonus parry
300 WS = 2.14% bonus parry
400 WS = 2.86% bonus parry
500 WS = 3.57% bonus parry
600 WS = 4.29% bonus parry
700 WS = 5.00% bonus parry
800 WS = 5.71% bonus parry
900 WS = 6.43% bonus parry
1000 WS = 7.14% bonus parry
1050 WS = 7.50% bonus parry

Same formula applies for Ballistic Skill vs Initiative and Intelligence vs Willpower.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

b00n

Post#36 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:52 pm

Omegus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:38 pm
b00n wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:26 pm
Omegus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:24 pm I'm on about the huge parry buff from weapon skill, because if you're getting that off the character sheet then it's likely completely wrong.
ok, how to determine it then? What is the parry rate out of ws?
It's on the wiki under "defensive stats": https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Stats

The base chance to parry (before all flat +% modifiers) is based on the attacker's strength and the defender's weapon skill. The character sheet can't possibly know the attacker's strength so it makes stuff up.

The formula is: Defender's Weapon Skill / Attacker's Strength X 7.5 = base chance to parry

Assuming the defender has 700 weapon skill (pretty high) and the attacker has 1050 soft-capped strength, the parry bonus the defender gets from their weapon skill is: 700 / 1050 X 7.5 = 5%. Not exactly huge. A table-version based on the attacker having 1050 Strength is:

100 WS = 0.71% bonus parry
200 WS = 1.43% bonus parry
300 WS = 2.14% bonus parry
400 WS = 2.86% bonus parry
500 WS = 3.57% bonus parry
600 WS = 4.29% bonus parry
700 WS = 5.00% bonus parry
800 WS = 5.71% bonus parry
900 WS = 6.43% bonus parry
1000 WS = 7.14% bonus parry
1050 WS = 7.50% bonus parry

Same formula applies for Ballistic Skill vs Initiative and Intelligence vs Willpower.
ok so that's at maybe a 5% difference accepted and corrected my op
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Asderas27

Post#37 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:02 am

Posts like these always prove that it doesn't matter how many rr80+ full sov characters RoR players will have, they will still remain clueless for just about everything ingame.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Spellbound

Post#38 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:35 am

Thanks for your feedback.

One thing to note having a 83 Slayer, 83 WL and 85 BW, you can go ST or AOE with one spec for a Slayer and simply swap tactics and gear. 2H does need adjustments for both Slayers and Choppa to make them more viable for the ST spec and others for AoE. Proposals were made in the past that will be revisited at a later time.

I just started leveling a WH and 63 ATM, much of the feedback has mentioned your damage will be garbage until high RR, which am finding to be true. Regardless, still having fun on it and they do have their perks and do agree healers do perform a little stronger ATM.

Feel free to keep having a civil discussion as the topics are being read for when the team is ready to make balance adjustments in the future once the new Ability system is in place.

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#39 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:39 am

Spellbound wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:35 am I just started leveling a WH and 63 ATM, much of the feedback has mentioned your damage will be garbage until high RR, which am finding to be true. Regardless, still having fun on it and they do have their perks and do agree healers do perform a little stronger ATM.
I don't think the damage curve really deviates from any other melee dps (at least of those whom I have experience with). For example choppa starts doing proper damage in full invader, still being quite a far way from BiS damage and killing power. In all honesty a sweaty 6man only needs the 2 dps to be highly geared, tanks and healers can do their job just fine with way lower gear.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Dajciekrwi

Post#40 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:30 pm

b00n wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:21 pm
wachlarz wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:17 pm reduce dmg of wh/we by 20%. I remeber when Wl was king of play, but U see him. U can just run from him. Right now U dont see we/wh cant avoid them. Only way to play orvr make party or blob. And U want Wh/we better ? What next ? U kill all solo/small scale and make next topic. I cant kill a wb and run ?
Reducing their dmg is non sense, witch hunter/ witch elf do have a valid reason of existence. It's just awkward to me that it has to be made by having the ability to stealth.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough i'm not talking about solo roam. I'm talking about a comparison in OpenRvR Scale, Zerg vs Zerg or Wb vs Wb or 6vs6
Of course that Wachlarz have right, WH/WE have too much independency in game, loots of defensive/offensive tools. marauder for solo need a zealot for buffs/stagger and BG (for example) to boost crit chances and guard. And 3 wh are self-sufficient war machine, can blockin all warcamp ( espacially Chaos waste)m