Recent Topics

Ads

Crest and what actually counts to get them..........

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dakkhon

Crest and what actually counts to get them..........

Post#1 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:10 pm

So my question is basically how do you actually get the crests? I mean to be more specific on my BW I do pretty good damage and get some kills wether I am solo or in a wb. But what actually attributes to anyone getting a crest? Is it based on damage, death blow, more damage then other people or is it based on class type? I am just trying to maximize my chances because I hate the system but we have to deal with it so any info to help me understand the process. Also Healing classes do they get it based on ressing, healing DoTing etc etc etc.

Thanks for any info you have. Good hunting all!!!
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
notrandomatall

Re: Crest and what actually counts to get them..........

Post#2 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:32 pm

I'm not sure but I just figured that they are drop like any other loot that then gets rolled on by the party/warband and higher RR players drop more of them than low RR players.

It sure seems to be contribution on the kill since you also get them when healing someone not in your party.

As I said above, I'm not sure though.

agemennon675

Post#3 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:36 pm

Most dmg dealt is what makes you get the kill credit but ''everyone who contribute to that kill have small chance'' was implemented not so long ago. Healers and tanks get crests when that kill is attributed to the party they are in. So if you are in a warband and dps in your party have bad gear or sucks in general you will have a hard time getting crests from kills.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

wonshot

Post#4 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:04 pm

With the chance of being out of the loop with patchnotes during an ror-break, the last I read was something like this:

For each % dmg you or your party contribute to a kill, the bigger chance your party will win the loot-drop from the playerkill. So if you are in a 6man group, or in a warband. if you are the only person dealing damage and you did say 36% of the damage to a player, your party has 36% chance to win the loot rolls.
(this was changed to this during one of the summer patches but dont have the exact patchnotes)

That does allow for wide aoe tagging in big zergfights, but also rightfully often shifts the loot rewards towards those who did the most. With the slim chance of someone else to get the loot for tagging and "helping out" to allow for undergearred toons to progress and not just full BiS dps toons to get all the shinies.

other things that might factor in, on your crest gain is the higher RR the enemy player is the more crest they can drop. Also if you have AAO that buff seems to give more loot chance aswel.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:03 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:04 pm With the chance of being out of the loop with patchnotes during an ror-break, the last I read was something like this:
That's pretty much spot on.

AAO increases chance of drop (0% AAO = 75% chance) for underdog and decreases for overpop.

It also seems like the relative RR / CR lvl between you/your party vs victim's plays a role in amount of crests dropped, not just their RR, but haven't seen anything mentioned on this.

So yeah, if you follow the blob and have great upfront AoE and can sustain yourself, you can get a decent amount of kill credits ;)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Dakkhon

Post#6 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:18 pm

Thanks all for the replies. Very helpful. Just one more question...is the chance greater for solo players? Or the same. Again ty all.
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:41 pm

No bonus, if you did 50% dmg solo and a warband did the other 50%, there's a 50/50 chance of getting credit.

You can break the chance down like this:
(75% chance of drop; modified by AAO)
X (1 to 9 Crests per kill; modified by RR)
X (% of damage done to target by you or party)
X (number of kills)
X (1 / number of party members rolling for crests)
(+ zone contribution)

Which probably makes the fastest way to get the most crests being in a dps heavy 6 man with everybody else opting out.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Scottx125

Post#8 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:57 am

I will say on top of this. DPS do seem to get lower placement on loot tables compared to Healers and Tanks. Just something I've personally observed over the years. As a healer I've almost always been in the top 10. Then I hear the DPS celebrate 56th position whist having the most kills in a fort xD.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#9 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:34 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:57 am I will say on top of this. DPS do seem to get lower placement on loot tables compared to Healers and Tanks. Just something I've personally observed over the years. As a healer I've almost always been in the top 10. Then I hear the DPS celebrate 56th position whist having the most kills in a fort xD.
Very much this. My best crest farmer by far is my BO in SnB spec, using toughest bellow (wound buff) and the group healing tactic. I can get very high healing numbers and protection, sometimes even damage, resulting in 2 ticks of crests in most zone locks. Also provides me with best loot bags from cities (and forts) more often than not. Very different story with choppa or SH, never 2 ticks of crests, and far harder to get bags from cities or forts.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+