Recent Topics

Ads

first imrpessions

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
john098

first imrpessions

Post#1 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:49 am

i'm new to the game. class i chose is squigherder. i chose "path of big shooting".
i neither do dmg nor am i able to take the slightest. healers and tanks alike pop me within seconds. inb4 equip. the utility i have is pretty useless and i even tried going for aoe but its just as useless. playing pvp is mostly running away.
scenario win chance for destro is about 20-30%.
all i hear from more experienced players is that its not okay to be killed from a white lion that is able to walk through walls and jump up mountains and bridges and that archmage is the only actual damage dealer in this game. i dont think it would have taken me more than a month to come to the same conclusion.
my feedback is negative.
kids that love this game for reasons of nostalgia are welcome to leave a cry of refuse and defend their beloved game, i dont really care about them since my question is pointed towards the developers:
how come you patch all that good stuff in when the classes and masteries arent properly balanced yet.
shouldnt one focus on the core game before adding extras?
might be that im talking out of my a55 since i never played any mmo.
feel free to take this as an insult and stand in line with the previously mentioned kids but it would be nice if you could answer the question.
also there is a public quest called "the phoenix eye" which has a bug where u can basicly tap the same flag 5 times in order to complete the first phase. sorry for gramma and spelling english is not my native tounge.

cheers

Ads
Kaelang

Re: first imrpessions

Post#2 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:52 am

Addressing your balance concerns. You started the thread with "im new to the game" so forgive me for not taking these as substantial. You sound like you aren't max level yet, which suggests you aren't geared either, so you will get killed, and yes you won't do very much damage. White Lions can't walk through walls and jump through mountains. They have a leap, as does the Squig Herder. Classes and Masteries will never, ever, be 100% balanced.

In regards to the bug - please report it on the Bugtracker.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

xpander
Community Management

Post#3 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:06 am

Playing solo without the gear and class/career knowhow can be painful, yes. This game is meant to be played with Groups. If you join a guild and ask around a bit, im sure you can find people to play with and help you with gearing or equiping things that make your experience a lot better.

About the Phoenix eye bug, is that the same old bug back again?: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17892
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

wanna993

Post#4 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:54 am

Let's take the bait.

You're new so talking about balance without having much of an understanding of the game is wrong. You need time to learn the basics of the game then form a basic understanding of classes.

You dying to a tank/healer as SH sounds like a you pb. Unless you're melee SH, which you're not because you went with a ranged tree) you should position much better and tanks should seldom be on you.
This is a very group heavy game which sometimes can be very annoying but it is what it is. that means you have to pay attention to your allies and see when they push and why they don't and play accordingly.
Before you get a heal debuff don't expect to kill many healers.

For sc's make a group or wait things out a bit if you're on a losing streak. Chances are you're queuing into the same people.

Lisutaris

Post#5 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:06 am

There is no real info about your lvl or anything ... 1month and new player .. I would guess it is about T1 and midtier expierience.
Alot of new players are not using the "lvl bolstering" well and ignore that talismans and/or potions are a big chunk of extra stats aka dmg/def boost. Having equip always updated, like doing the low lvl city dungeon for Keeper Set or buying sets via crests is pretty important to have a good low lvl experience.
Otherwise it is only gaming experience and premade grps ... which can be also achieved by new players via communiaction and joining grps/guilds.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:37 am

Looks like a genuine impression of a new player.
Guess nobody hold his hand while swimming in the lakes.
But I’ve heard similar feedbacks over and over again from newcomers that ultimately left the game.

He nailed two arguments. 😂

“…archmage is the only actual damage dealer in this game.” That one is hilarious but true, imagine AM/shaman to meme less and heal more.

“… how come you patch all that good stuff in when the classes and masteries arent properly balanced yet.
shouldnt one focus on the core game before adding extras?” And this one is sadly on point.
Lutz