Recent Topics

Ads

Show Puddles only Addon?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Scottx125

Show Puddles only Addon?

Post#1 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:22 am

I'm wondering, considering the enormous amount of lag visual effects have when turned on. Is there a way of potentially singling out Shaman and AM puddles so they can always be seen without having other effects on? I feel as if they're quite crucial to see as they affect gameplay, but for many people it's not possible to see them as doing so would bring unbearable amounts of lag..
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Re: Show Puddles only Addon?

Post#2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:22 am

good point, would promote!

HarkonenTimber

Post#3 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:28 am

Great idea, curious if such a thing is even possible technically?
Doyoustretch - BO

Haojin

Post#4 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:58 am

pinged some of addon creaters a lot about it, they said "no" but maybe one day :)
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

wonshot

Post#5 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:13 pm

Been requesting this setting for years too, having the option to play on Fastest framerate by being able to see only snare puddles for largescale as it doesnt really matter if you see pits of shades and otehr random effects but it does matter if you see lowered manuverablility
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Omegus

Post#6 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:55 pm

Not doable through addons, but it should be controlled by a text file in the client files named "effectdef.csv". It has a bunch of data for each effect and one of the options is "Always play effect". It's mainly set for some boss effects, the markers over NPC heads (quest givers etc, as those markers are just visual effects), the pillars of light for box runners, etc.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Nameless

Post#7 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:00 pm

Bump
I play on effect only on me and before some time devs done sime changes that made some dleffect vusible only lowest settings so it is possible
Devs surely could make certain effects visible full time and shaman/am puddle us such effect
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Tesq

Post#8 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:38 pm

just follow my guide and play with effect on all with out lag

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... gy0KcaHT_Y

Ads