Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
shrredhn

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#31 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:59 am

"- Very Rare Dyes consist primarily of the dyes Mythic introduced in the 1.4 patch, along with a handful of dyes which sold for gold earlier, and some custom RoR dyes. These dyes are worth 1 gold. While some of the dyes that previous sold for 2 or 4 gold will lose value, the overall increase in dyes that sell for gold should offset this loss. Previously many of these dyes were unobtainable by players in RoR, whereas now they will be obtainable via 'end game' content (that is, PvE and PvP content for lvl 40 players). More on this below."

Lol I had 400 purple dyes that would have sold for 1600g to vendor, now they're worth 400g. Nah there's no offsetting that.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:44 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:15 am
ekalime wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:08 am
Skullgrin wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:20 pm

Yea, I think we might start a list of the ones that got messed up. Oh and possibly a second list of colors that are the same with different names. I've got at least 5 different named shades of black that look identical to me, but it could be that i just can't differentiate between them. :P
Sewage Green is a new dye so I have no clue how you could have it applied, let alone on Murderous Red which has the same unchanged db value. Mail me a list of anything broken and I'll check. As for black dyes, unless the name is the same, the dyes are different. There are however some dyes which have multiple items in the database (like goblin green) so it is possible you get one item from a world drop, one from a quest, one from a dungeon - and none of them stack. Stuff like that we can try to fix but it helps to know which ones are the same name and not stacking. If they have different names then they are different colors.
My entire toon is now dyed in Sewage Green - was in like Cardinal Red or something before the patch.
Then it could have been "cardinal red", it was a dark red color tone, much darker than the current "dark red". I probably have mixed both colors as "murderous red" looked similar. The "murderous red" pieces had still the correct color.
I changed all colors since then...
Dying is no option.

Fenris78

Post#33 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:36 am

Cardinal Red is now Murderous Red, looks like same color (at least ingame). ;)

Sulorie

Post#34 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:35 am

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:36 am Cardinal Red is now Murderous Red, looks like same color (at least ingame). ;)
Well, this confuses me even more.
Let's say I had some black&red color scheme and used cardinal red and murderous red.
After Patch I still had some murderous red pieces with correct color, the others (I assume cardinal red) were changed to sewage green. :)
Dying is no option.

vanbuinen77

Post#35 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:46 pm

I'm confused. Why were merchant dyes made fort droppable only?
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#36 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:23 am

@dalen I'd say the issue isn't the amount per group but that entire warbands still aren't granted credit for kills and aren't split evenly among warband members; it's only split within the group in the warband that receives credit.

Right now if one ultra-geared warband player takes all the credit for their group, the other 3 groups in the warband get reduced chance for credit. Not fun. This only empowers that situation.

Would be a huge QOL update for new players to actually allow kill credit to be shared, including crests, among the entire warband, not just each group within a warband. As long as you're nearby, you should be able to share in the spoils even if you're late to the engagement, as long as you have been near your fellow groupmembers.

Omegus

Post#37 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:12 am

Secrets wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:23 am @dalen I'd say the issue isn't the amount per group but that entire warbands still aren't granted credit for kills and aren't split evenly among warband members; it's only split within the group in the warband that receives credit.

Right now if one ultra-geared warband player takes all the credit for their group, the other 3 groups in the warband get reduced chance for credit. Not fun. This only empowers that situation.

Would be a huge QOL update for new players to actually allow kill credit to be shared, including crests, among the entire warband, not just each group within a warband. As long as you're nearby, you should be able to share in the spoils even if you're late to the engagement, as long as you have been near your fellow groupmembers.
Edit: deleted, misread your post and was basically saying the same thing
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

BluIzLucky

Post#38 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:57 am

Secrets wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:23 am ...
Yes, this would be nice, especially for pug wbs where strongest players are often put together.
Though you'd need to change the way crests are distributed to be more like gold i.e. 120 silver for a kill gives 20s to each in a 6 man, and would give 5s to each in a full warband.

Otherwise you'd end up in situations where some unlucky git failed to win a single crests out of a 100 rolls (0.6% chance of that happening.. my worst for 6 man that I'm aware of is 0 of 18 crests, which is a 1.8% chance).

So would need to add a Crest Shard converting 100 to 1 or something.

Though as it stands less people complain about hybrids since it gets them more crests / renown :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Waaghtastic

Post#39 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:07 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:57 am
Secrets wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:23 am ...
Yes, this would be nice, especially for pug wbs where strongest players are often put together.
Though you'd need to change the way crests are distributed to be more like gold i.e. 120 silver for a kill gives 20s to each in a 6 man, and would give 5s to each in a full warband.

Otherwise you'd end up in situations where some unlucky git failed to win a single crests out of a 100 rolls (0.6% chance of that happening.. my worst for 6 man that I'm aware of is 0 of 18 crests, which is a 1.8% chance).

So would need to add a Crest Shard converting 100 to 1 or something.

Though as it stands less people complain about hybrids since it gets them more crests / renown :lol:
Another option would be to leverage the same mechanism with bag rolls and bag roll bonus which cumulates until it's consumed.

So not winning a crest increases your chances for the next roll and once you win a roll the bonus is consumed. So even the unluckiest player on earth would eventually receive crests.

bw10

Post#40 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:49 pm

appreciate dye patch