Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions for 2h Ironbreaker build?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
fredrikhuhtanen

Suggestions for 2h Ironbreaker build?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:12 pm

Hey, I am new to Return to Reckoning and was wondering if 2h Ironbreaker is any fun? I'd love to be able to solo and run in groups decently. I am fine with being a tank or dps, whatever works out best. Is Ironbreaker 2h viable and what does that build look like? None of the builds I see on the forum link properly. What masteries should I take, what tactics and morales? Or is sword and shield Ironbreaker just a lot better? Is it hard to play, I've heard in some videos that Ironbeaker has a pretty steep learning curve?

Thanks for any help, I really feel quite lost in this game so far.

Ads
Farrul

Re: Suggestions for 2h Ironbreaker build?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:56 am

Honestly 2h ib won't be viable without sufficient gear and high renown rank, you'll need to equip the shield/axe when joining warbands in open rvr after level 16 so better get used to that(and it's quite fun + lore friendly).

Generally 2h ib is a spec used in solo play, small scale (1-6 man) and scenarios for geared and experienced players.

However you can easily level as 2h and get a taste of the ''dps IB'' in T1 and then through T3 scenarios(16-39) - 2h is actually the optimal spec for scenarios.

As for lvling 2h build aim for something like this, prioritize vengeance-tree first:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,1408,1394

Keep in mind that it is crucial to level your renown rank alongside the normal rank, a decent plan to aim for is to be at rr(renown rank) 40-45+ once your character hits level 40, a low renown rank is detrimental and this is a common mistake new players make( another one being lack of potions... make your first toon cultivation/look into addons to aid you - miracle growth).

IB is fun yes (imho the most fun SnB tank to play Order side - SM is quite fun 2handed) but it's more demanding and generally not recommend for new players, it has a lot of abilities (buffs, debuffs) to weave into the attacking rotation + normal tank duties to keep track of (guard swap/punt).

Therefore it is recommended to start with the Knight of the blazing sun or Chosen if destro, these are very simple to play in comparison (class mechanic is basically put on auras) when learning about the role of a tank. If you are determined to go as IB just be prepared for a steep learning curve.

P.S. ironbreaker you need to keep track of your buffs so at the very least get buffhead , or just get this viewtopic.php?t=6371

zgolec

Re: Suggestions for 2h Ironbreaker build?

Post#3 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:50 pm

fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:12 pm Hey, I am new to Return to Reckoning and was wondering if 2h Ironbreaker is any fun? I'd love to be able to solo and run in groups decently. I am fine with being a tank or dps, whatever works out best. Is Ironbreaker 2h viable and what does that build look like? None of the builds I see on the forum link properly. What masteries should I take, what tactics and morales? Or is sword and shield Ironbreaker just a lot better? Is it hard to play, I've heard in some videos that Ironbeaker has a pretty steep learning curve?

Thanks for any help, I really feel quite lost in this game so far.
It is fun. It is viable. Both solo and small scale. Need proper gear and rr tho.
First isn't problem since you can easily get red eye / sentinel mix [just so u dont explode in some lowbie set] and later or Sent / Bloodlord.
When you get proper rr and crests sov / warlord [up to 99mp] mix is awesome.
Just get use to "i am pianist" play style ;) Other tanks got way less on their hotbars ;) [82 IB, 81 SM, 78 KOTBS here so got comparison]

If i got party i am goin like this:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 4,716,1408

When i run solo i tend to go more defensive [sometime switchin rugged for avalanche or uj]>
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 94,716,503
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.