Recent Topics

Ads

BigBalanceBrainStorm

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SuperStar

Re: BigBalanceBrainStorm

Post#61 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:17 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:39 am
SuperStar wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:21 am The devs will have the power to make new ablities and fix the bugs in the near future. (I hope)

So this topic should be a collection of creative ideas/wishes.

Bring here what you need for your fav class/ bring new mechanics.
Change the f boring meta.

Ps 800hp/4sec is not op at all.

Have you ever checked the prayer of devotion tactic? (Wp mid tree mid tactic)
That is op. No need nerf btw but is a good tactic.
SuperStar wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:21 am The devs will have the power to make new ablities and fix the bugs in the near future. (I hope)

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217044 ... aspx?id=22

Dude. I appreaciate the enthusiasism you have but 800hp/4 sec is so goddamn op : D Have you ever tried to play this game where skills and tactics actually matter? Which means Solo or Small Scale and alot of it is because 24 Aoe cap, this is true and all who have played the game enough know this. Quarenteed 800hp every 4 scond for black orc that cant be heal debuffed, pls offer me some kind of of explanation why that is not RDCLS op?

Hey! WP is a Melee-Healer! Originally there was no "Backline" Wp's or Dok's and books/chalices didnt have Regen on them( I think Shields should be removed from dok/wp but another convo) This game has roles for classess which should stay. Did you know that Guard on tanks you originally only took 30-35% Of dmg from Guardee instead of 50%. Black orc also had 50% Crit dmg tactic before choppa was in game and Morale 2 that did 1500 dmg and silenced everyone for 7 seconds, a bit much to me but what do you think?

Im gonna throw some black orc improvements that are more in line in my humble opinion=) Remove Arm breaka from brawler and Replace it with Not in Da Face. Add to NIDF that your defensive target gets their CD's reduced by 5sec for 10 seconds. Replace NIDF With Arm breaka in Da Toughest but change the skill to Medium-Long punt with 30s CD.Mor hardocre Tactic would change it to 15s CD and making it long instead med-long and target stay In air 1-2s longer. Also Tree Hit Combo usable with shields again.

Nerf Duration of You Wot!? to 15s and only increase armour/resis by 15% instead of 30% and remove the 10 sec self snare. Wez bigger is so sad skill that remove it and replace it with Cant Touch us M4, without it being M4 so 60s CD is more than ok, this panic button would be quite welcome! These Are OP suggestions to some, to me they are def worth to try.
Thank you for your response!

About 800hp/4sec:
I played a lot as a solo playa. Most of the regen solo build run with 800-1000hp/4sec build (if we count the absorb too) they are good of course.
I didnt finish the gear idea but in my mind in the future the regen items wont exist.
Also in my mind the tanks dont do significant dmg to make them op soloer but they will almost undieable with a specific spec like djole (smthing like that) he was an IB. Bring back the fortitude! Tanks should do small dmg and a lot of cc buff debuff. 20%crit tactic... Why?
So the 800hp/4sec is only op if they can do a significant dmg. But we can modify this tactic:
"800hp/4sec only works with shield"

About shield wp/dok:
Lot of ppl bored the regular healer. The game have to move with the fashion and the age. Shield dok/wp is a great idea imo but they are do too much dmg and too less heal for the group.
They are useless in wb and bigger scale. Even in a 12vs12sc.

About your ideas i would like to try a lot of things.
I hope they will shake the mega regularly.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#62 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:44 pm

SuperStar wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:17 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:39 am

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217044 ... aspx?id=22

Dude. I appreaciate the enthusiasism you have but 800hp/4 sec is so goddamn op : D Have you ever tried to play this game where skills and tactics actually matter? Which means Solo or Small Scale and alot of it is because 24 Aoe cap, this is true and all who have played the game enough know this. Quarenteed 800hp every 4 scond for black orc that cant be heal debuffed, pls offer me some kind of of explanation why that is not RDCLS op?

Hey! WP is a Melee-Healer! Originally there was no "Backline" Wp's or Dok's and books/chalices didnt have Regen on them( I think Shields should be removed from dok/wp but another convo) This game has roles for classess which should stay. Did you know that Guard on tanks you originally only took 30-35% Of dmg from Guardee instead of 50%. Black orc also had 50% Crit dmg tactic before choppa was in game and Morale 2 that did 1500 dmg and silenced everyone for 7 seconds, a bit much to me but what do you think?

Im gonna throw some black orc improvements that are more in line in my humble opinion=) Remove Arm breaka from brawler and Replace it with Not in Da Face. Add to NIDF that your defensive target gets their CD's reduced by 5sec for 10 seconds. Replace NIDF With Arm breaka in Da Toughest but change the skill to Medium-Long punt with 30s CD.Mor hardocre Tactic would change it to 15s CD and making it long instead med-long and target stay In air 1-2s longer. Also Tree Hit Combo usable with shields again.

Nerf Duration of You Wot!? to 15s and only increase armour/resis by 15% instead of 30% and remove the 10 sec self snare. Wez bigger is so sad skill that remove it and replace it with Cant Touch us M4, without it being M4 so 60s CD is more than ok, this panic button would be quite welcome! These Are OP suggestions to some, to me they are def worth to try.
Thank you for your response!

About 800hp/4sec:
I played a lot as a solo playa. Most of the regen solo build run with 800-1000hp/4sec build (if we count the absorb too) they are good of course.
I didnt finish the gear idea but in my mind in the future the regen items wont exist.
Also in my mind the tanks dont do significant dmg to make them op soloer but they will almost undieable with a specific spec like djole (smthing like that) he was an IB. Bring back the fortitude! Tanks should do small dmg and a lot of cc buff debuff. 20%crit tactic... Why?
So the 800hp/4sec is only op if they can do a significant dmg. But we can modify this tactic:
"800hp/4sec only works with shield"

About shield wp/dok:
Lot of ppl bored the regular healer. The game have to move with the fashion and the age. Shield dok/wp is a great idea imo but they are do too much dmg and too less heal for the group.
They are useless in wb and bigger scale. Even in a 12vs12sc.

About your ideas i would like to try a lot of things.
I hope they will shake the mega regularly.
Shield actually is very well done in RoR and i applaud the work. But it kind of killed a bit 2H/DW builds. And playing Shield was SO MUCH EASIER than playing with 2H/DW and so much more healing happened, i mean 2500 Divine Strike/Consume E Aoe heals were not uncommon at all. I just think Shield/Block is too much in only Medium armour healer who is medium armour only because he's supposed to be in frontlines, do dmg and heal thru that dmg. I think 24 Aoe cap instead 9 is the biggest reason alot of classes dont work in RvR/'Big Scale'. That is AE cap needs to be 9 and why melee healing/life tapping needs to be a thing again in keep/fort doors. First time taking keep and healing from doing dmg to the enemy keep felt VERY REWARDING. This might just be a nostalgia thing, but keep/fort sieges are super boring most of the time:E

Shield took away only Grp healing AND Only AP using Melee heal Dok's/Wp's had. On top of that Judgement/FoK Started cost 15RF instead of AP, it used to GIVE 15RF/SE and cost 15ap... There was just nothing to be done at some point because all your small tools were now gone and you just had no resources left even if you did 'everything' right. And with shield i literally could have spammed SR/TE and won. It just doesnt feel very, well rewarding =)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Gegga

Post#63 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:09 pm

OP HAS to be trolling. there is no other way.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

SuperStar

Post#64 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:26 pm

Gegga wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:09 pm OP HAS to be trolling. there is no other way.
Iam f serious. I would never make jokes from balance and bo buff.