Recent Topics

Ads

14 errorless crashes within the span of 5 hours

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
cmraz

14 errorless crashes within the span of 5 hours

Post#1 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:37 pm

Yesterday I was running non stop warbands with zero issues. Today I can't even stay in game for longer than 30 minutes without being booted straight to desktop with no errors saying what even happened.

Things I did when game crashed:

1. Stood still and afked in IC
2. Ran with WBs and blobs
3. Ran scenarios
4. Used the banker in IC
5. Used a flight master.

Things I do to try and remedy:

1. disabled all add-ons not being used
2. I run a .bat to delete cache every login

My system specs:

Ryzen 5800x
6900XT Ultimate
watercooled...

It's clear there is a skill effect or some ambient effect or something triggering the crash, but nothing tells me what and quite frankly it's 100% random.

EDIT: Logged back in, crashed in 5 seconds.
EDIT: Crashed while running through MoM to Alcadazir's Tomb, crashed when assets were trying to load.

Ads
cmraz

Re: 14 errorless crashes within the span of 5 hours

Post#2 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:32 am

Crashes 24 and 24: outside MoM keep with nothing happening, then again trying to log back in.

cmraz

Post#3 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:34 am

Crash 26: MoM keep lord dieing.

Scottx125

Post#4 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:15 am

Connection can be a cause. If it's unstable you will get random crashes. Perhaps something has broken in one of the files.. have you run the repair or tried doing a fresh install to see if you have the same issue?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

lumpi33

Post#5 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:53 am

Try this:

- First download the game again and play with a fresh installation, without addons and without your old profiles. The RoR patcher has bugs and can corrupt your RoR installation. Even the repair cannot fix this. Only way is to download and install new. Addons and the profiles can also be a problem, therefore play without them at first. Make sure you are using the 32bit version of RoR - you can select it in the patcher settings!

- Second, download and run memtest86 to see if your RAM is still ok. If you are getting errors then you need new RAM - or you can try with only one memory stick. Verify with memtest86 that it is working without errors. Sometimes it is only the overclocking setting in bios. Clock it down and RAM becomes stable again - in some cases.

- Third, download latest drivers and bios for your hardware. Sometimes the crashes start happening after Windows did a graphic driver update during Windows update. Try with latest graphic driver and try with an older one - google which is the most stable.

- Forth, make sure nothing is overheating.

- Fifths, open a command prompt with run "cmd" and type in "ping www.google.com -t" and let it run. When you see timeouts in between your internet has problems. Restart router is always a good idea.

That should fix your problem.

cmraz

Post#6 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:02 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:53 am Try this:

- First download the game again and play with a fresh installation, without addons and without your old profiles. The RoR patcher has bugs and can corrupt your RoR installation. Even the repair cannot fix this. Only way is to download and install new. Addons and the profiles can also be a problem, therefore play without them at first. Make sure you are using the 32bit version of RoR - you can select it in the patcher settings!

- Second, download and run memtest86 to see if your RAM is still ok. If you are getting errors then you need new RAM - or you can try with only one memory stick. Verify with memtest86 that it is working without errors. Sometimes it is only the overclocking setting in bios. Clock it down and RAM becomes stable again - in some cases.

- Third, download latest drivers and bios for your hardware. Sometimes the crashes start happening after Windows did a graphic driver update during Windows update. Try with latest graphic driver and try with an older one - google which is the most stable.

- Forth, make sure nothing is overheating.

- Fifths, open a command prompt with run "cmd" and type in "ping www.google.com -t" and let it run. When you see timeouts in between your internet has problems. Restart router is always a good idea.

That should fix your problem.
Thanks for all of these suggestions, I actually have both my cpu and gpu undervolted at the moment, ram is fine-tuned for the Ryzen 5800x and my x570-i mobo, and my connection is wired to a 1gig download so zero timeouts.

Overheating is non-existent anywhere in this build :p - I think i peak around 80C CPU in Cyberpunk max. This was basically a clean install. But I will try it again.

nocturnalguest

Post#7 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Had same issue but i figured thru journal of events in windows and testing out that its my HDD that is corrupted.
After replacing it with new SSD things returned to normal