Recent Topics

Ads

About server rollback yesterday

Let's talk about... everything else
Karl

About server rollback yesterday

Post#1 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:14 am

Hiya friends, after patching yesterday something went wrong and it ended up with servers (or databases i guess) beeing rolledback to last stable state.
I had this misfortune of losing gold and a few pots that i mailed between toons. It's no big deal, sad but no big deal.

Would it be possible when incidents and rollbacks happen to get some information from the team about it so that it's easier to understand the consequenses?

Keep up the great work!
K

Ads
Karl

Re: About server rollback yesterday

Post#2 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:18 am

Hmmm, the plot thickens... i now see that i recieved the pots from the mail but the talis i bought and equipt in my gear are gone. Weird. Making me understand even less about the rollback :)

Omegus

Post#3 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:00 am

Although it would be good if the patch notes were updated with this (they used to be updated with that kind of info along with hotfixes), the ROR Discord usually has the information you need. From the #server-status channel:

MaxHayman
Yesterday at 13:40
Due to a bug in the latest patch we have had to put the server into emergency maintenance. Updates will follow.

MaxHayman
Yesterday at 15:39
Due to the bug in the latest patch we have had to roll the game back by a few hours to before the patch. Sorry for the inconvenience. Server will be online soon.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Kirss

Post#4 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:38 am

That sucks, I suppose they don't have a good way to refund people who lost stuff in a rollback. Feel for you!

That being said I do hope there are other measures in place for people who try to cheat or dupe in unexpected situations.

Edit. Karl Hit me up in game if your on destro, ill throw you a 10 gold if you were not mailing top tier tali around. We need to help eachother right?

hl9999

Post#5 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:54 am

Before yesterday's update, I changed my character name. Now it's back in file, so I can't change my name. I changed the CD back to one month. Please solve this problem. My character name is Goldfire.

Scottx125

Post#6 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:39 pm

They don't refund people period, for anything. I spent 300g to get all the masks in the Halloween event and they all decayed in my bank... :evil: Such a waste.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

hl9999

Post#7 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:58 pm

Before yesterday's update, I changed my character name. Now it's back in file, so I can't change my name. I changed the CD back to one month. Please solve this problem. My character name is Goldfire.Can you give me a chance to change my role name again?

Karl

Post#8 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:51 pm

Kirss wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:38 am That sucks, I suppose they don't have a good way to refund people who lost stuff in a rollback. Feel for you!

That being said I do hope there are other measures in place for people who try to cheat or dupe in unexpected situations.

Edit. Karl Hit me up in game if your on destro, ill throw you a 10 gold if you were not mailing top tier tali around. We need to help eachother right?
Thanks mate, not necessary - but I really appreciate the gesture!

Ads
Karl

Post#9 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:52 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:00 am Although it would be good if the patch notes were updated with this (they used to be updated with that kind of info along with hotfixes), the ROR Discord usually has the information you need. From the #server-status channel:

MaxHayman
Yesterday at 13:40
Due to a bug in the latest patch we have had to put the server into emergency maintenance. Updates will follow.

MaxHayman
Yesterday at 15:39
Due to the bug in the latest patch we have had to roll the game back by a few hours to before the patch. Sorry for the inconvenience. Server will be online soon.
Great tip! Thx mate!

Kirss

Post#10 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:23 pm

No problem, glad to see you can absorb it.

Best of luck to you... unless your play order then...

I hope a boot stomps on your face for all eternity. Progress!

"Power is in tearing your human foes minds into pieces and putting them into shapes of your own choosing." - You should know this one "order".