Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] current BiS

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Whyumadbro

[Engi] current BiS

Post#1 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:26 pm

Hey all,

title says it all, what is the current BiS for engi atm? For RvR and Snipe. Warlord seems to be the ultime rvr set to go to but main sov also seems good. How would you spend your crests?

Ads
Sciberr

Re: [Engi] current BiS

Post#2 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 pm

I don't know if its BiS but I use 3p main sov (helm, cape, 4th slot jewel), 3p off sov (shoulder, chest, boots), 3p victorious (belt, gloves, 3rd slot jewel), 2p genesis (remnant, aspect), bloodlord spanner, and 61 SC gun. i like this because of all the bonuses very good.

Glorian

Post#3 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:28 am

Sciberr wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 pm I don't know if its BiS but I use 3p main sov (helm, cape, 4th slot jewel), 3p off sov (shoulder, chest, boots), 3p victorious (belt, gloves, 3rd slot jewel), 2p genesis (remnant, aspect), bloodlord spanner, and 61 SC gun. i like this because of all the bonuses very good.
That is pretty much on point the current way BIS for engineers.
I am going for 3 parts Triumphant instead of Victorious. But the 9999 warcrest Jewel is a little harder to get.

Warlord is very good if you want to catch something and root it for 10 seconds. But the Grenadier Bonus is more for a Grenadier. Armor Debuff is good for Shotgun spamming as it will try to proc on that AoE. Not on your Grenades or Napalm.

Whyumadbro

Post#4 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:51 am

Sciberr wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 pm I don't know if its BiS but I use 3p main sov (helm, cape, 4th slot jewel), 3p off sov (shoulder, chest, boots), 3p victorious (belt, gloves, 3rd slot jewel), 2p genesis (remnant, aspect), bloodlord spanner, and 61 SC gun. i like this because of all the bonuses very good.
thanks for sharing this! May i ask why the victorius and the 61 sc weapon?

chovudal

Post#5 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:13 pm

Former SC gun? Nope, take Fortress Gun or at least Bloodlord for high Autoattacks.
Victorious is great for other specs imo, such as tinkerer and def spec.
But as we see, there is no one and only BiS for engi, it depends on specs and play style.
Next to full warlord, 7 off souv and 2 triumph is great for shooter too, btw.
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Roukino

Post#6 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:45 pm

What tali do you slot in jewel if you go 3-3-3 gear for grenadier ? Crit ? Ranged power ?

RuffRyder

Post#7 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:35 pm

As already said, there’s not necessarily _the_ BiS combo, but 7/2 for maxed crit is pretty much the go-to independent from Mastery spec.
It’s not as potent as BW/Sorc‘s mechanics but viable, and concentrating on Wounds as defense is easy and affordable.

3/3/3 is always a good general combo to stack stats, but I would be missing things like crit/ctbc, imho.

Now 5 Warlord 3 Triumphant with LotD jewels will bring you to 370ish Ranged Power which translates to 280ish dmg bonus with capped BS, a real PuG killer for keeps and funnels ignoring Armor ppl are stacking, and outweighs even high Toughness. Have seen 1.6k Phos Shells for example.

5 Warlord 3 Victorious (3 pieces with ctbc) can be another good choice for Grenadier, since you can combine it with Armor and Wounds to have a balanced setup. Good for small-scale imho.

Never tested myself but bringing defense to the top with Def Sov and Vic would probably be a fun way, too.

Now all the mentioned will lack Armor Penetration from Weapon Skill, so a focus on Rifleman will need another setup with 6% Armor Penetration from Sov along with Vanquisher/Triumphant chest, talis and renown etc. - a lot of tradeoff and pretty glassy.

Bottom line 7/2 will always be superior in overall damage, and depending on what you fight regularly you want either this or the big stack of BS + Ranged Power.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:09 pm

thx dudes! engi is such a nice class but kinda out of the typical dmg dealer spectrum ( just imo).

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#9 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:20 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:09 pm thx dudes! engi is such a nice class but kinda out of the typical dmg dealer spectrum ( just imo).
Tbf it’s still a utility class and your groupmates and others will be happy about AoE Pierce Defenses or Coordinated Fire on focus targets. Also good placed CC or build-time increase will add to it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Roukino

Post#10 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:30 pm

I'm playing magnet in wb atm (5sov def - 4 victorious).
It appears that i don't need that much defenses while playing in organised wb. I'm often the last dps alive :P
So i'm thinking about a new gear mix to get more dps.
Was thinking maybe i can drop the 160bs tactic ig go for 3/3/3, idk.