Recent Topics

Ads

Game crashed repeatidly because of directX

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Aricept

Game crashed repeatidly because of directX

Post#1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:35 pm

Hi guys,

I recently changed my computer. I now have a Dell Alienware with very recent stuff and windows 11 (DirectX12). I of course installed DirectX9 as required, and so on.

Since I changed my computer, I experience many game crashes. I tested without addons, tried many different game settings, set all drivers and windows up to date, etc.
Nothing works. It happened in any environnement, not particularly with high numbers of people palying (e.g. during teleport in Altdorf)

I found in the windows 11 event observor the following informations (in french sorry):

Application Error
ID event: 1000
Nom de l’application défaillante WAR-64.exe, version : 1.4.8.573, horodatage : 0x50bcb993
Nom du module défaillant : dxilconv.dll, version : 101.6.2104.33, horodatage : 0x13707068
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000146e2
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2adc
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d90278d5630a73
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Jeux\ReturnOfReckoning-September2022\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxilconv.dll
ID de rapport : 76f28aef-931d-44b4-8b67-9a5b24dbab01
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

So, it seems that it is the file dxilconv.dll that causes the problem. The thing is that I can't uninstall DirectX or remove the file. I have to say that I am now very unfamiliar with Windows, as a Mac user at work.

Any idea or way to correct the problem would be welcome.

It really ruin my ROR experience when crashing in the middle of good fights.

Ads