Recent Topics

Ads

Denied Access to Patch at 100%

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Vl4ddy

Denied Access to Patch at 100%

Post#1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:15 pm

So I played an hour ago; had to go take care of something, came back there was a patch. it gets to 100% of 2/2 and I get this error message.

"Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Return of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.gpO8GoqNcbiQP8YRNvx(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.SKMvyPqOQwpkvhoJPqZ(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.bEGQ8fqB16OtEsonTDI(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Nimgt80cKi(Object )"

I have never had issues patching. I have attempted to remove read only from the root folder; it applies it, but as soon as I go back into the file it is read only again. I am the administrator and the launcher is ALWAYS running as administrator. Now the launcher is NOT read only. Please advise!
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.

Ads
Vl4ddy

Re: Denied Access to Patch at 100%

Post#2 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:33 pm

I am going to leave this up in case someone else has this issue.

Here is what resolved it for me;

Granted full control to all authorized users for the drive; read only still sticky. Didn't fix.

Added Warhammer to my allow list for Avast. It should've been on there considering i've been playing for years but.. anyway it wasn't..

This didn't fix it either.

Disabled ALL of my avast antivirus. Restarted my PC. Patched.
Reenabled my antivirus.
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.