Returned to game and forced name change?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
AndrewThao126

Returned to game and forced name change?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:09 am

Hello, I took a break from the game for awhile and I'm aware that your account goes inactive but I've never encountered the situation where I needed to change my name. So when I returned it asked me to rename my character because apparently my original character's name was taken. So I searched the armory for the name and it still brings up my character. I'm just wondering if someone indeed took the name, then that's fine I guess it's fair game since I was inactive but if there's a chance this isn't the case then maybe there's something that can be done. Thanks!

Original name: Gear
New Name: Gaddgetts

Ads
Gladiolix

Re: Returned to game and forced name change?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:44 am

Armory is really outdated, don't trust it. Killboard is better for searching current active players/names.

This fellow is the "Gear" atm. Hasn't played since the introduction of Killboard (PvP at least), so name might be freed in near future.
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... er/2247489
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... er/2247489
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

AndrewThao126

Post#3 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Ah I see, thank you! I'll keep my eyes open then incase it ever opens up again. How would I go about changing my name if it does free up in the future? I don't recall a way to do so in game unless prompted to.

Fenris78

Post#4 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:24 pm

AndrewThao126 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:12 pm Ah I see, thank you! I'll keep my eyes open then incase it ever opens up again. How would I go about changing my name if it does free up in the future? I don't recall a way to do so in game unless prompted to.
You can use /changename command once a month ; then relog and use your change name token on any of your character. ;)

AndrewThao126

Post#5 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:32 pm

I wasn't aware that was a thing but thank you for that!