Recent Topics

Ads

Texture update?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Senarus

Texture update?

Post#1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:07 am

Great job on the game so far. I played at release in 2008 until the end. I was wondering since the game does show its age in the textures used in the models and other various objects. I was wondering if there was any talk of updating the resolution of the textures to make the game look better. Or even upgrading to Creation Engine how Bethesda did. Thanks.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Texture update?

Post#2 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:32 am

They have limited access to the internal workings of the engine afaik. Can they upgrade textures? I'd imagine so. Would they? Probably not. The game already struggles with performance. Throwing in higher quality textures would make the problem worse. Plus image how long it'd take to produce thousands of new high quality textures..

And engine modifications would require reverse engineering it. And that's horrifically complex to do. It's taken them the better part of a year to refactor the ability system and it's not done yet. So that's a no on that as well.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Amdus

Post#3 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:58 pm

This is the only thing that I know:
viewtopic.php?t=13

Bobbiom

Post#4 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:03 pm

I think allowing the game engine to use more than 1 cpu core should be first in the list before updated textures. If it is even possible.

minerhare

Post#5 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:10 am

Bobbiom wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:03 pm I think allowing the game engine to use more than 1 cpu core should be first in the list before updated texturesdinosaur game. If it is even possible.
I think so, too

zgolec

Post#6 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:24 pm

Bobbiom wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:03 pm I think allowing the game engine to use more than 1 cpu core should be first in the list before updated textures. If it is even possible.
This.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:54 pm

zgolec wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:24 pm
Bobbiom wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:03 pm I think allowing the game engine to use more than 1 cpu core should be first in the list before updated textures. If it is even possible.
This.
is this really possible?

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:57 pm

nah its not possible

Ads
Amdus

Post#9 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:07 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:57 pm nah its not possible
It is entirely possible to modify anything.

Whyumadbro

Post#10 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:27 pm

yes ofc - but the devs are few and they do it in their freetime. texture updates would take years