Recent Topics

Ads

Official Pie Week Feedback thread

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaelang

Re: Official Pie Week Feedback thread

Post#31 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:24 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:21 pm I really wanted a chef's hat. Not some silly cloak that will be covered by my guild emblem. A chef's hat. White, comically tall, like that guy from Sesame Street.

Next year, give us a chef's hat!!
A Chef's Hat was technically obtainable during the event - through our baking contest.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#32 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:30 pm

I thought the event was pretty much great all round!
Kinda hoping that baking becomes a permanent crafting profession in the game one day - i enjoyed that alot. All my belly filled friends would agree also.

The only rotten egg was needing to win scenarios 5 times......
it took THIRTY games of absolute torture to achieve this and i swear never again will i put myself through that.

Pre 40 scenarios are just fine as you don't have premades creating a toxic playground and even when you lose you get XP at least, but at 40?
Never again......Ever.

shrredhn

Post#33 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:09 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:30 pm I thought the event was pretty much great all round!
Kinda hoping that baking becomes a permanent crafting profession in the game one day - i enjoyed that alot. All my belly filled friends would agree also.

it took THIRTY games of absolute torture to achieve this and i swear never again will i put myself through that.

Pre 40 scenarios are just fine as you don't have premades creating a toxic playground and even when you lose you get XP at least, but at 40?
Never again......Ever.
Uh baking is just apothecary.

Detangler

Post#34 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:38 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:24 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:21 pm I really wanted a chef's hat. Not some silly cloak that will be covered by my guild emblem. A chef's hat. White, comically tall, like that guy from Sesame Street.

Next year, give us a chef's hat!!
A Chef's Hat was technically obtainable during the event - through our baking contest.
I can't cook for squat. not fair!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Tuxedo013

Post#35 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:47 pm

Event was a refreshment from all doom and gloom happening on daily basis

However

Why is a freaking vanity pet so imposible to get while mount was basicaly free?
Had no problem getting vanity pet last year but why was it now bound to event coins that are almost imposible to get save for having to reenact a gambling habit with that apple bobbing!

Next time pls do something about that gambling stuff and pls for the love of god dont lock vanity pets behind event coins obtainable via gambling simulator😠😠

Rating event 6/10 cause i didnt have time to get vanity pet gotta understand that i like to toggle walk around capital cities while waiting for sc to que and having a pet would be nice to have a companion.

PS. I blame devs for gaining weigt during event! 😠💓

SepticDisaster

Post#36 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:19 pm

1. I really liked the wide array of pies available to bake! I also enjoyed the quest chain, it was fun and not as excruciating as the Feast of Shoika chain *shudder*. Haaving the sc events syc with the event was nice too.
2. Please stop making us go to T1, we hate it...a lot. Also, the apple bobbing was very unrewarding. I probably dropped 15-20g on it and it felt utterly pointless. Maybe just bad luck on my part though most seemed to have a similar experience.
3. I'd like to see sc wins removed from the event tasks, it can turn the otherwise fun sc participation into a stressful grind. Perhaps more player kills? I also felt as though the shilling drop rate was very low, or maybe the wood cost too high? I wound up with so many baskets yet so few shillings despite lots of time in scs and open rvr.
All in all, I really enjoyed the event, the pies are a fun touch to the event and the game in general. I'll be enjoying my Brandysnaps while they last!

Cimba

Post#37 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:54 pm

1. What did you like most about the event?
  • Interesting rewards (Pies) that offered some unique non-cosmetic value even for high end / bis level players.
  • You didnt need to do a lot of stupid **** to participate. Just kill some people somewhere.
  • Great idea to make it tradable. Not a lot of stuff is worth/possible to trade atm if you get to bis characters.
2. Any things you didn't like, or found too difficult?
  • For gods sake let us use 60% mounts in t1 pve. I am going insane on that 25% mount.
3. Are there any event specifics you'd like to see updated or changed if Pie Week returns next year?
  • Reikland Hills was a good, opening weekend scneario in my opinion. Three party sc with large areas for fights around the flags facilitating lots of kills therefore event drops. Talabec Damn is kind of the polar opposite. Maybe another weekend scenario would have been better.
  • If you want to invest some time into it maybe you could look into ways on how the halflings mess with for example the city sieges. At the moment the siege mechanics are pretty much figured out. Events like these could introduce interesting twists into existing content without having to redo the entire thing.

Dackjanielz

Post#38 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:12 pm

shrredhn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:09 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:30 pm I thought the event was pretty much great all round!

Never again......Ever.
Uh baking is just apothecary.
Well not exactly, i would say its more of a twist on apothecary.
Alot of the pies stats were different to linis n pots we had before and the way to obtain ingredients [ PVP ] along with the mechanics to craft which pies we wanted was all differently done.
I really enjoyed it, when it first arrived i was expecting to see loads of players screaming how overpowered it all was but actually there was barely a peep.
Hope to see it as content one day personally.

Ads
Alubert

Post#39 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:28 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:16 pm
Aluviya wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:21 pm But having a liniment with +5 % Healcrit, 60 Wounds is just way way more superior than 50 Healpower 60 Wounds. Consumeables like "Haakt" which we've seen in the prior event are simply broken.
5% heal crit is marginally better for healers who rely on crits to proc tactics (RP, some builds on WP), but overall 5% heal crit is strictly the same as 50 healpower, on average. I can add in this game where RNG is not consistent at all, overall it's better to have a constant 50 healpower bonus than a random 5% crit chance, given by healers dont have "+% heal crit value" effect, unlike dps.

Haakt is arguably a good bonus, but since those consumable can be stacked with potions, they are by definition better. Just needed an awful lot of playtime to buy them in sufficent quantity, let alone for a "lifetime" stockpile... :p

But yes, if people are selling stuff like that, anybody with enough gold could potentially buy them all and be "better" from other. Although the new effects are not stacking with most bonuses (skills and procs wont stack, for example parry/block chances), that will not make such a difference in fight, as so few difference a stat/armor pot will not make 90% of the time.

Taking example by ranked scene liniment efficiency is mostly irrelevant when ranked is inexistant for the time being.
5% heal crit lini is the best part of event. How u can compare 50 heal power to 5% heal crit?
5% heal crit is undoubtedly much better for heal power. Then again, as any crit is better than flat dmg. Especially since heal crit doesn't have anything countering it like TB or FS.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Omegus

Post#40 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:56 pm

Feedback from someone mostly unable to play during the event (yes, I still have feedback!)

1. Making the new "liniments" tradable was great as I have bought a load. Put about 3k gold in various people's pockets as I finally had something interesting to spend it on rather than hording it.

2. As much as I know you wanted to make the new lini-pies a mystery, in reality this just means that those who want the list just wait until someone else has done the work and posted the list on guild discords (assuming they're in a guild with an active discord that has someone posting the list) rather than having the information at hand to engage with the event from the start in a way that they want to. Please in future just put the full list of things up front so players can decide if it's something they want to invest their limited time into exploring further, rather than waiting for others to do the work first.

3. A lot of complaints about sub-rank 40s about not being able to complete the live events as they couldn't eat any of the pies. One of the pies was for sub-40s, but I believe this was not advertised well. For a sub-40 to participate in the event without an external guide, you had to hope that they blindly stumbled upon the one pie that could be used under R40. Even clearly marking the resulting rank of the item made by the ovens ("Makes a pie usable by rank 1 and above players") would've made this clearer. This is very much feedback by proxy based on other people's comments.

4. Slaanesh area looked cool, wish I had more time to explore it.

5. Please, no long term novelty mounts. And I say this as someone who almost always plays on an RR8x character who would get the longest duration mount if I did the event. Adding fancier mounts (colours, accessories, etc) for higher RR is fine, but not ones that last for ages. Keep the novelty a novelty. I'm already dreading Wyvern mounts lasting even longer come April...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot