Recent Topics

Ads

Protection/healing Numbers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Paxsanarion

Re: Protection/healing Numbers

Post#11 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:12 pm

derKleineKerl wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:59 am Sounds like a great idea. From now on i will only heal my party and my party alone. I mean if a player from another party get focused why should i care no highscorepoints for me If i heal him. If a wh on oil needs heal why should i care he is not in my party. But what will i do if one of the tanks in my party has the lord aggro hmm sry no heals for you because i wont get highscorepoints. In general pls dont heal the second healer in your party he is stealing all your highscorepoints so every second he is dead and you survive more points for you. The most important thing never prehot the dps outside of your party again because yeah no points for you. By the way never detaunt it will help the enemy dps to get a better k/d count. Finally a really good healing guide and this guy is in my guild. :(
Hopefully you are joking :-) I love healing and I would heal our entire warband plus any people outside the warband 24/7 if I could :-)

Ads
Azhag

Post#12 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:05 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:25 am I cant believe someone is complaining about crossparty/out of party healing/ressing and calls it leeching. You play tank atm and you can see your protection score pretty well since its most of it is from guard anyway.
Wrong, most of it is from challenge and M3/M4.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#13 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:09 pm

SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:36 am Imo there is a lil bit problem and a bad measurement and bad goal can grab the player into the bad direction.

I noticed it from the ingame wb statistics.

Dps goal is easy big dmg lots of kill.

The tanks and the healers main gould shouldt be the highest heal and highest protection if they get it outside of the wb.

Their main job to keep their dps alive.

I think it would be awesome if we can see how much heal and protection did for the own party and how much for out side party and outside wb. And how much did while we boring at keep lord its also a unnecessary data imo. We should separate them.

It can be on leaderboard the own party and wb protection a heal and would be a nice alternative for tanks and heals.
This person has to be (removed to not attack one person) a certain pve leader *cough* *cough* .

No out of grp heals folks nothing to see here .... move along ... I'm good to go then on my AM i just dps solo and I only rez never heal. (more contribution the more rezzes)

Do i meet your standards?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

SuperStar

Post#14 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:40 pm

Spoiler:
Emissary wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:09 pm
SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:36 am Imo there is a lil bit problem and a bad measurement and bad goal can grab the player into the bad direction.

I noticed it from the ingame wb statistics.

Dps goal is easy big dmg lots of kill.

The tanks and the healers main gould shouldt be the highest heal and highest protection if they get it outside of the wb.

Their main job to keep their dps alive.

I think it would be awesome if we can see how much heal and protection did for the own party and how much for out side party and outside wb. And how much did while we boring at keep lord its also a unnecessary data imo. We should separate them.

It can be on leaderboard the own party and wb protection a heal and would be a nice alternative for tanks and heals.
This person has to be (removed to not attack one person) a certain pve leader *cough* *cough* .

No out of grp heals folks nothing to see here .... move along ... I'm good to go then on my AM i just dps solo and I only rez never heal. (more contribution the more rezzes)

Do i meet your standards?
Another fan/lover.
But i sadly lost you. Do you think am a leader of anything?

Nobody can meet my standards sadly not even me especially not with "dps" am..

Iam not the leader but the maker of the ❄️🌨️! some ppl should know me aka Mr.Winter!

Toggle

Post#15 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:46 pm

I agree 100%! Can’t stand those filthy leechers that do nothing but protect/heal/rez their fellow realm mates during battle. Waste of a slot, the lot of them.

While we’re fixing that, can we take it a step further and remove all damage from the scoreboards that’s not done on the MA’s target too? Those filthy, leeching DPS players are just trying to artificially inflate their numbers by beating on randoms instead of assisting like they should be.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Aluviya

Post#16 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:51 pm

One could implement a statistics for healers and tanks.
Problem here with raw stastics such as damage, deathblows, healing, protection values is that they do not neccesarily indicate the overall performance or gameplay at all.
There are many ways (here just to name a few) to fluff values here:
- using hots into other groups (some classes are better suited here than the others)
- deliver the classic melee-range, braindead WP/DOK gameplay (honorable mention: leading the prayer tactic)
- playing an AM or Shaman in terms of EoV/FotG together with either SM or Choppa CD-reduction abilities.
- playing a DOK vs Engineer and cleanse on CD to have a higher protection rate than tanks+
- playing just a regular zealot/rp build usually gives a decent protection value by procs...

The question is, what is considered a "good gameplay" for a healer/tank and what would be the corresponding (raw/calculated) statistics that actually indicate "performance".
For a Healer:
- raw healing values?
- ability to support outside of your own group?
- ability to keep the supported groupmembers alive?
- ability to stay alive yourself (without needing a lot of support yourself)?
- ability to see and and cleanse debuffs?
- ability to rez as many people? etc...

For a Tank:
- raw protection value from guard?
- appropriate use of challenge, bellow?
- times you parried a punt, while your guarded dps was attacked?
- times you cc'ed an enemy, while your dps chose to attack?
- reaction times until a guard is swapped...

Without the clarification of what a good gameplay in a specific content of the game is (RvR, Sc's, Ranked Scs) it would just resemble another empty statistics.

SuperStar

Post#17 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:22 pm

Aluviya wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:51 pm One could implement a statistics for healers and tanks.
Problem here with raw stastics such as damage, deathblows, healing, protection values is that they do not neccesarily indicate the overall performance or gameplay at all.
There are many ways (here just to name a few) to fluff values here:
- using hots into other groups (some classes are better suited here than the others)
- deliver the classic melee-range, braindead WP/DOK gameplay (honorable mention: leading the prayer tactic)
- playing an AM or Shaman in terms of EoV/FotG together with either SM or Choppa CD-reduction abilities.
- playing a DOK vs Engineer and cleanse on CD to have a higher protection rate than tanks+
- playing just a regular zealot/rp build usually gives a decent protection value by procs...

The question is, what is considered a "good gameplay" for a healer/tank and what would be the corresponding (raw/calculated) statistics that actually indicate "performance".
For a Healer:
- raw healing values?
- ability to support outside of your own group?
- ability to keep the supported groupmembers alive?
- ability to stay alive yourself (without needing a lot of support yourself)?
- ability to see and and cleanse debuffs?
- ability to rez as many people? etc...

For a Tank:
- raw protection value from guard?
- appropriate use of challenge, bellow?
- times you parried a punt, while your guarded dps was attacked?
- times you cc'ed an enemy, while your dps chose to attack?
- reaction times until a guard is swapped...

Without the clarification of what a good gameplay in a specific content of the game is (RvR, Sc's, Ranked Scs) it would just resemble another empty statistics.
Finally a good post! These are very good questions. I will think about it and i would like to ask the others to think about it too.