Recent Topics

Ads

Fresh player questions

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
yuwon44

Fresh player questions

Post#1 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:31 pm

hello everyone,

I'm essentially a fresh player. I haven't played the game since it first came out and I'm returning because the lack of quality PvP mmos on the market. I've read a couple of the guides but I was wondering what I should know above and beyond these guides. For instance, are the servers still populated? What time (EST) is prime time? What roles are most needed viable? These are just a couple of questions that come to mind. looking back, if there was anything that you'd wish you knew before jumping back in, I'd love for you to share it.

I got this,..
Last edited by yuwon44 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
DirkDaring

Re: Fresh player questions

Post#2 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:58 pm

I guess the server is populated , nothing like they were 5 years ago, at peak play times at most 800 are on , this is mostly on the weekend, and during Euro Time zones, as the server is in Europe, and seems more popular there, then North America.

As far as EST at night the population normally drops anywhere from 500 to 200 players, most of the time it is heavy Order sided, and is common to see Order taking empty keeps, Forts with 100 to 145 Order players vs 6 to 30 Dest players.

The last few days Dest has been actually logging in and at this time 800pm EST, there are 348 players, with 58 % Order, and 42% Dest. had to change numbers, 65 logged off while typing this lol

There is only 1 currency now as far as gear/armor required, so you can save up war crests for end gear sets, and do PVE dungeons for the wards required to wear the end game armor.

As far as end game goes, now City is a scheduled event every 3 days, and is tied to the faction that wins the most forts in 3 days. Order on average win anywhere from 5 to 8 forts every 3 day period, with Dest sometimes winning 1 , but most of the time they win no forts.

Order attacks the Destruction City every 3 days, with Destruction attacking Order city, 1 time every 2 to 3 months. You can use the new link they added Killboard, to see when Altdorf City happened, one was in Aug 02, another in Oct 26, ad was one on Dec 03 But not very often

Land of the dead is now a SC mostly, every 7 days all lvl 40 fight it out over control of LOTD, the Tombs do not work, and you can not buy any of the Weapons, the only thing you get is gold Scarabs that you can use to buy the old LOTD jewelry, and cloak.

That`s pretty much it, I've been away for awhile so may have missed something.

Akalukz

Post#3 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:35 am

yuwon44 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:31 pm hello everyone,

I'm essentially a fresh player. I haven't played the game since it first came out and I'm returning because the lack of quality PvP mmos on the market. I've read a couple of the guides but I was wondering what I should know above and beyond these guides. For instance, are the servers still populated? What time (EST) is prime time? What roles are most needed / viable? These are just a couple of questions that come to mind. looking back, if there was anything that you'd wish you knew before jumping back in, I'd love for you to share it.
Even with the above, things can sstill be fun. I would recommend playing numerous classes to see what you like most. Normally Tanks/Healers are always needed on either realm. Look for a guild to join as playing with people greatly increases the joy in playing.
-= Agony =-

Scottx125

Post#4 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:04 am

The population isn't what it used to be when the Lazy Peon did his first video. We hit pops of over 2k a day on average. However we've shed a bunch of players and have returned to the more stable population before his vids of around 1k at peak. Still more than enough during prime time EU. America is playable as they come off EU prime time with 500 players which drops to 200 by late American time. The people who suffer the most are those who live in the Oceania time zone.

In terms of roles, play what you enjoy and are good at. Though Tanks/Healers are generally always needed.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.