Recent Topics

Ads

How active is the server?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
drenigoln

How active is the server?

Post#1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:30 am

I've been thinking of playing Warhammer Online with a few of my friends. Is the server still active and can you find enough players for all the PVE and PVP content?

Ads
Nameless

Re: How active is the server?

Post#2 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:57 am

Euro primetime - yes
Offtime - not so much although there is always ppl to kill and lesser numbers means better small scale experience
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Bozzax

Post#3 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Problem is regular gamers have a poor experience in WAR and they build a game for 2005 expectations

I bet the retention rate of new players testing the game is near 0%
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Duukar

Post#4 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:06 pm

There is almost always something to do. If you are EU primetime everything is available. NA not so much but, you can always work around lower pop.

The lakes tend to be VERY one sided in later NA times.

Solution for low pop times - Join a good guild for your timezone. Use this to get all your PvE done in off hours. If you dont have enough for PvE work on tradeskills while queued for SCs. Small man roam the lakes and try to find AAO which boosts the renown from kills.

Always remember is very important to group up and work together. You can commit to this by making your first character a healer or a tank.

Tank is likely one of the most rewarding roles for a new player. If you do your job well you can really SEE and FEEL the difference you made and you will get invites and the best the game has to offer quickly.

Good luck!

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Depends what time zone you are in, if you play in Euro time zone where the server is located they have a larger population, and seems fairly active, even though the numbers are better for both sides, Destruction rarely win the campaign.

on average they may actually win 1 fort every 3 days, so every 3 days order invades the Destruction city, once every 2 or 3 months Destruction actually attacks the Order city.

On North American time zones it is even worse, Order have a much larger population, most of the time you will see at most 300 players during NA time sometimes much lower.
It is common to see Order taking keeps and forts with no defense, as there are not enough players, several times I`ve seen Order take a fort with 145 people vs 6 Destruction trying to Defend.

Most of the North American playtime is taking empty zones, and forts to give Order the win every 3 days to invade Destruction city. But at least Destruction normally win 1 event a week in Land of the Dead, then back to losing until next weeks LOTD event which happens every 7 days.

Aethilmar

Post#6 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:08 pm

It is active enough that I can devote 10-15 hours a week to it without ever being bored for lack of people to fight even in NA times. The trick to always having something to do is to make characters on both sides and log onto faction with lower pop.

You make get run over but you won't be bored. ;)

Allie
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:06 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:07 pm Depends what time zone you are in, if you play in Euro time zone where the server is located they have a larger population, and seems fairly active, even though the numbers are better for both sides, Destruction rarely win the campaign.

on average they may actually win 1 fort every 3 days, so every 3 days order invades the Destruction city, once every 2 or 3 months Destruction actually attacks the Order city.

On North American time zones it is even worse, Order have a much larger population, most of the time you will see at most 300 players during NA time sometimes much lower.
It is common to see Order taking keeps and forts with no defense, as there are not enough players, several times I`ve seen Order take a fort with 145 people vs 6 Destruction trying to Defend.

Most of the North American playtime is taking empty zones, and forts to give Order the win every 3 days to invade Destruction city. But at least Destruction normally win 1 event a week in Land of the Dead, then back to losing until next weeks LOTD event which happens every 7 days.
sad to say this is the RoR community to busy xrealming & playing lord of the flies & treating RoR like a EvE spread sheet

Toshutkidup

Post#8 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:56 am

I’ve taken a almost month break, but as a solo player that plays <40hrs a week both NA and EU times yes the late NA pop is much less however can be less hectic or “camp / Zergy” and sometimes more fun. PVE I’ve never really done so I can’t say how pop is during late NA . I find RoR frustrating by player behavior ALOT, however that being said no mmo pvp based game that I can play offers what I’m looking for better than RoR.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:21 am

Here's how I've been able to correctly predict what I can do in t4 RoR based on the website main page's population. Feel free to use this guide and check the server for when you think you have time to play, and see if it matches up with your playstyle and what you want to get out of RoR.

700+ - You will get oRvR and lots of Scenarios popping. This happens on weekends mostly.

500+ - You will get oRvR and some Scenarios popping. If there's a siege or fort happening, scenarios mostly die out as everyone flocks to the keep.

300+ and around 50/50 Order/Destro split - you will get oRvR and almost no scenarios popping.

300+ and 57/43 or greater split between Order and Destro -
Overpopulated side - lots of oRvR as they take empty keeps and run boxes and no scenarios popping,
Underpopulated side - no open oRvR warbands because defending keeps when they have double your numbers is a waste of time. You might get some small scale closed warbands that do hit and run during box running, but thats about it. No/rare scenarios popping because you have no one to match with - the overpopulated side is too busy getting free bag rolls flipping empty keeps.

<200 server population - oRvR is dead, discordant scenarios are popping literal nonstop for hours. Can be some amazing streaks of good smallscale fights if you have at least some competent players on each side.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable