Recent Topics

Ads

More RR and Crest the lower the pop

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Emissary
Community Management

More RR and Crest the lower the pop

Post#1 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:50 am

Team

I think I have stated this before, but not in an official suggestion thread. NA time is dying and hard, we need something to get those that log on to actually start caring again. Its simple you log on in EU primetime and can gain an entire renown level in lets say 3 to 4 hours of playtime not counting even the large amount of crests. You log on in NA time and it can take you 3 to 4 hours to get what you would have gotten with just less than hour of playtime on EU.

My thought is why cant we increase the renown gain and crest gain the lower the population of the server is? Lets say tonight for instance total server population is under 300 maybe that gives a renown/crest gain of 10% at less than 400, 15% at less than 350 and 20% at less than 300. Or some magic number that would work to help.

Look at it this way. If you are strict NA and even have lets say 3 hours a night for maybe 4 nights a week. It would take you beyond a year to get a toon to 80. I have friends that just play strict EU and they are in sov in a month. These NA players are getting on and playing for a few weeks see the dismal renown/crest gain and going to play a different game. I am just looking at a ways to help the low population times get more players and not lock people behind a slow progression crawl that NA is.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
FFNation

Re: More RR and Crest the lower the pop

Post#2 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:06 am

I like it!

The more ways to increase player base the better!

Raddaquin

Post#3 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am

I have recently returned from quite a long time off from the game and I can tell you as a NA player it is really frustrating to see that I am getting penalized due to population when I am just trying desperately to get renown.

So I am all for dropping the debuff during NA primetimes and evening and up the renown.

nocturnalguest

Post#4 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:52 am

Im not NA, but i do agree. RR gains are very disappointing outside of organized WB in EU prime time or weekend warfront grind. I dont see any reason why not increase the gains and speed up the process. So there will be only warcrest grinding left.
Not buying this "you need to suffer and work hard" attitude, all it does is newcomers are rolling some other game and abandoning RoR.

dtjror

Post#5 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:48 am

Uh, hate to break it to you but NA time could die completely and nobody would bat an eye. It’s a European based game with European popularity (read in the broadest sense - i.e., Great Britain to Russia) and would survive just fine on only that. Nobody gives a d*mn about us filthy Americans :P

Emissary
Community Management

Post#6 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 pm

I do care and that is the main reason I posted this. I have seen NA time players come and go a lot and their main concern is poor progression. I do understand this is a EU run game ( i know you are being sarcastic, but their is truth to a little of it), I just wish their was a way to help the NA timeslot as if the devs don't act soon I and a lot of others will move on.

You can call it jealousy (because it is) but seeing all my EU friends with their 5 or 6 sov toons and knowing it took me a year to get just one toon to 80 does make a person a little sad.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!