Recent Topics

Ads

Solo tier list?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sinisterror

Re: Solo tier list?

Post#21 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:08 am

Farrul wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:37 am
Pahakukka wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:45 am I dont think i can speak against def specs, but i would not mind regen being tuned down a bit.

Then again all the solo stuff is just utterly meaningles in larger scale, having regen WE hopping in and out of shadows in corner of lake is not really going to matter in overall game at all, and no decisions on anything balance related should be made in this approach.

Everyone who wanders around alone in lakes will get steamrolled by groups of various sizes all the time anyways :D.
Regen specs are not that strong even in the context of a solo roamer and it's value is exaggerated here in forums, certain classes makes ok use of it due to complementing regen with natural tanky abilities/stats (Tanks, Deftard WE's / your Magus ;) ) but honestly most solo roamers are better of with prioritizing offensive stats above weak-ish regen(300-500 range) and then learning how to use/time their defensive CDs effective to counter and survive, especially these days when the next gank party is just around the corner killing fast is more important than ever, dragged out battles should be avoided at all costs imho.

Regenerating 100-125hp/sec ( 400/500/4 sec) will not make any practical difference at all when a While lion /WE/WH/Magus etc is bursting for thousands of hp every GCD unless one is able to mitigate a big portion of the damage done.

Everyone except WH/WE (yes even OP Shamans ;) ) are asking to be ganked if they wander off alone in the rvr lakes, as someone pointed out it is a death sentence and not a question of ''if'' but when you'll find yourself pressing the ressurect button. Regen is totally fine imho and was never an issue.
Having constant passive 400-500hp every 4 seconds definetely makes a practical difference or people wouldnt do use it. I agree on everything else you said.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Farrul

Post#22 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:01 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:08 amHaving constant passive 400-500hp every 4 seconds definetely makes a practical difference or people wouldnt do use it. I agree on everything else you said.
As i mentioned if there is enough mitigation/avoidance it has value but i do not see a problem with it.

I think some are stuck in the mindset ''i feel safe'' but that 400-500 (100/125/sec ) wont make much of a difference if up against a competent damage dealer able to burst in the thousands per GCD, most toons would be better off investing into offensive stats more wounds if needed than regen imho for more effective play and better win ratios.

What will make the real difference is high damage and how defensive CD are timed and CC is used/ having more wounds to prevent dying under CC and good amounts of ini to mitigate crits/ini debuffs.

P.S. small amounts is ok, imho in the 150-200 range but more than that i would never recommend unless the whole build is Def spec.

Toshutkidup

Post#23 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:46 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:51 pm Of all my classes I play solo , Slayer by far is my favorite. Now favorite doesn’t mean “easier” , just most fun.
Slayer might not be ''top tier'' in a pure duel but they have several advantages. a) Flexible: can go from singletarget to aoe effectively in the same spec so they make decent generalists in battle through versatiltiy. b) Geared slayers do crap tons of damage hence will be fun and never boring to play. c) Is naturally strong vs Witch elves i.e the most common threat for an Order solo roamer. d) Feeling a bit bored with the zone? Join a scenario and be the king of the game, or join a pug WB and be treated like the golden child of Order with guard privilege above any other dps whilst melting the destruction frontline in a rampaging fury.

As a While lion solo i might do better than slayer in a pure 1vs1 and definitely superior when it comes to killing kiting gobbos, but i can't join bigger fights and be effective, the pet is generally a burden for the class. I can't join scenarios with a pet spec if the enemy has half a brain, i would be a liability to a WB using the pet.

As a Witch Hunter i'm the perfect solo roaming class, best escape utility and top burst, but again i have to stick to the periphery of the battles or die horribly, i would rather not join scenarios since guard will be given to aoe classes and surviving will involve spending expensive potions more than i would like to admit.

I'm far too lazy to gear up my Slayer ( it will sit at rr6x sent/bloodlord gear) but i'm sure it would be an excellent toon to have as main, even from a solo roam perspective if one enjoys the content this game has to offer.
Slayer can do well vs SOME WE's, highly regen We's na, just too much to over come, plus no way to keep them really from running, and restarting fight. Chosens will usually once past RR60 eat youalive. Shamans.. just ignore them, just a loss. Choppas are 50/50 depending on how they play more than how I play. Mara's again if full regen, just wasting ur time. 2H BO's almost same as Chosens, once past RR60 and well geared generally a loss.

What SL doesnt have that a WL does is insta burst, and maneuverability. SL build up of the only hard CC is also an issue as well as any kite class. Magus.. generally a loss. SL solo imo is very very hard. Now in WB, yes I agree for MDPS, they are king.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

yoluigi

Post#24 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:39 am

We all know that the WP 2h dps is the S tier baby

insolenz

Post#25 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:08 am

S: Shaman
S-: Magus (dps), WH
A+: WE, AM, SM
A: WL, IB, Chosen, SH
A-: RP, SW, WP, BG
B: Choppa, SL, DoK, Mara
C: BO, BW, Sorc, Zealot, Engie
D: KOTBS

Pahakukka

Post#26 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:51 am

Pahakukka wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:45 am I dont think i can speak against def specs, but i would not mind regen being tuned down a bit.

Then again all the solo stuff is just utterly meaningles in larger scale, having regen WE hopping in and out of shadows in corner of lake is not really going to matter in overall game at all, and no decisions on anything balance related should be made in this approach.

Everyone who wanders around alone in lakes will get steamrolled by groups of various sizes all the time anyways :D.
Regen specs are not that strong even in the context of a solo roamer and the value of it is exaggerated here in forums, certain classes makes ok use of it due to complementing regen with natural tanky abilities/stats (Tanks, Deftard WE's / your Magus ;) ) but honestly most solo roamers are better of with prioritizing offensive stats above weak-ish regen(300-500 range) and then learning how to use/time their defensive CDs effective to counter and survive, especially these days when the next gank party is just around the corner killing fast is more important than ever, dragged out battles should be avoided at all costs imho.

Regenerating 100-125hp/sec ( 400/500/4 sec) will not make any practical difference at all when a While lion /WE/WH/Magus etc is bursting for thousands of hp every GCD unless one is able to mitigate a big portion of the damage done.

Everyone except WH/WE (yes even OP Shamans ;) ) are asking to be ganked if they wander off alone in the rvr lakes, as someone pointed out it is a death sentence and not a question of ''if'' but when you'll find yourself pressing the ressurect button. Regen is totally fine imho and was never an issue.
Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:51 pm Of all my classes I play solo , Slayer by far is my favorite. Now favorite doesn’t mean “easier” , just most fun.
Slayer might not be ''top tier'' in a pure duel but they have several advantages. a) Flexible: can go from singletarget to aoe effectively in the same spec so they make decent generalists in battle through versatiltiy. b) Geared slayers do crap tons of damage hence will be fun and never boring to play. c) Is naturally strong vs Witch elves i.e the most common threat for an Order solo roamer. d) Feeling a bit bored with the zone? Join a scenario and be the king of the game, or join a pug WB and be treated like the golden child of Order with guard privilege above any other dps whilst melting the destruction frontline in a rampaging fury.

As a While lion solo i might do better than slayer in a pure 1vs1 and definitely superior when it comes to killing kiting gobbos, but i can't join bigger fights and be effective, the pet is generally a burden for the class. I can't join scenarios with a pet spec if the enemy has half a brain, i would be a liability to a WB using the pet.

As a Witch Hunter i'm the perfect solo roaming class, best escape utility and top burst, but again i have to stick to the periphery of the battles or die horribly, i would rather not join scenarios since guard will be given to aoe classes and surviving will involve spending expensive potions more than i would like to admit.

I'm far too lazy to gear up my Slayer ( it will sit at rr6x sent/bloodlord gear) but i'm sure it would be an excellent toon to have as main, even from a solo roam perspective if one enjoys the content this game has to offer.
I do agree with regen point. Too many players put on grimshimmer and fleshrenders and go to run around with 100toughness and perhaps 6kish wounds. Regen needs enough wounds and dmg mitigation to work.

Im playing The deftard specs mostly because im not nimble fingered enough to work My way out of wl/Wh/we whatever 8k burst combined with 7second autodisrupt and 3s KD. That 10s is a long time to Be beaten to bulp with absolutely no way to hit Back.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"